British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   happy valentines (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/happy-valentines-824995/)

asher Feb 13th 2014 10:40 pm

happy valentines

happy valentines,

do you send cards to each other or do you view valentines a cynical card makers and rose sellers financial opportunity?

brissybee Feb 14th 2014 12:01 am

Re: happy valentines

Originally Posted by asher (Post 11128985)
happy valentines,

do you send cards to each other or do you view valentines a cynical card makers and rose sellers financial opportunity?

Yes.

moneypenny20 Feb 14th 2014 12:07 am

Happy Hallmark Day.
Happy birthday Tiddler.
Happy birthday MiL.

asher Feb 14th 2014 12:10 am

Originally Posted by brissybee (Post 11129077)
Yes.

I take that to mean you send cards but you think it's a rip off :rofl:

brissybee Feb 14th 2014 12:17 am

Originally Posted by asher (Post 11129091)
I take that to mean you send cards but you think it's a rip off :rofl:

Correct, though I only sent half a card this year. I did get ripped off on quite a nice card then whilst writing it out, too late and too tired last night, I proceeded to stuff it up... not once, but twice... so I cut off the written on part and wrote on the back of the front bit.

Rather than appreciating my fleeting moment of panicked eccentricity, I think my husband was a bit put out. He asked me if I got the name wrong. :ohmy: :lol:

asher Feb 14th 2014 12:30 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 11129087)
Happy Hallmark Day.
Happy birthday Tiddler.
Happy birthday MiL.

Originally Posted by brissybee (Post 11129102)
Correct, though I only sent half a card this year. I did get ripped off on quite a nice card then whilst writing it out, too late and too tired last night, I proceeded to stuff it up... not once, but twice... so I cut off the written on part and wrote on the back of the front bit.

Rather than appreciating my fleeting moment of panicked eccentricity, I think my husband was a bit put out. He asked me if I got the name wrong. :ohmy: :lol:

oh boy sorry moneypenny looks like a busy day for you.

hehe brissybree, just tell him yes half the card was his and the other half went to your lover :rofl:

moneypenny20 Feb 14th 2014 12:41 am

Originally Posted by asher (Post 11129117)
oh boy sorry moneypenny looks like a busy day for you.

Sadly it's not. MiL is in the UK so her present/card went off a week or so ago, just got to call her tonight and Tiddler is away on a cruise so I don't get to see her. :cry_smile: First birthday in 19 years she's been MIA. Me no likey :(

carolinephillips Feb 14th 2014 1:58 am

Sister's birthday, DD's best friend's 18th birthday. OH and I exchange cards.

GarryP Feb 14th 2014 4:14 am

.... and don't forget, 14th March is Steak and BJs Day !

Kelli28 Feb 14th 2014 4:22 am

Originally Posted by GarryP (Post 11129285)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GaAgtwbZV_E

.... and don't forget, 14th March is Steak and BJs Day !

Such a shame the hubby is away that day! Oh we'll there's always next yr :lol:

Kelli28 Feb 14th 2014 4:25 am

What I want to know is where all my valentines day karma msgs are this yr!:sneaky:

Anyways, Happy valentines day all you loved up couples, don't worry single people no one loves you on any other day of the yr either :p

jad n rich Feb 14th 2014 5:00 am

Originally Posted by asher (Post 11128985)
happy valentines,

Cynical now. This afternoon watched 2 tradie types coming out of florist with pre packed bouquet things. Thinking how sweet....

then one gave a rather crude description to his mate of what else the lucky lady would receive:eek:

moneypenny20 Feb 14th 2014 5:02 am

Originally Posted by jad n rich (Post 11129312)
Cynical now. This afternoon watched 2 tradie types coming out of florist with pre packed bouquet things. Thinking how sweet....

then one gave a rather crude description to his mate of what else the lucky lady would receive:eek:

Awww cute! :rofl:

asher Feb 14th 2014 9:55 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 11129130)
Sadly it's not. MiL is in the UK so her present/card went off a week or so ago, just got to call her tonight and Tiddler is away on a cruise so I don't get to see her. :cry_smile: First birthday in 19 years she's been MIA. Me no likey :(

that one is hard, I hated it when I missed my 20 year olds birthday but hey at least she's having a swimming time ;)

hopefully she's away from the floods:fingerscrossed:

Bernieboy Feb 14th 2014 11:18 am

I love you one n all:wub::wub: