Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Happy St Patricks Days - and I changed me sign day

Wikiposts

Happy St Patricks Days - and I changed me sign day

Old Mar 16th 2006, 2:53 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Happy St Patricks Days - and I changed me sign day

Well it is the 17th here in Sydney!

Old Mar 16th 2006, 3:05 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Happy St Patricks Days - and I changed me sign day

Originally Posted by Sandra

Happy St Pats to you too

One of our staff didn't come to work last Sunday - she phoned in and said she was too drunk to come in as she was celebrating St Patricks Day!?!?
Old Mar 16th 2006, 3:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippies
Happy St Pats to you too

One of our staff didn't come to work last Sunday - she phoned in and said she was too drunk to come in as she was celebrating St Patricks Day!?!?

I know the Irish like their drink, but FFS that's going a bit far I think
Old Mar 16th 2006, 3:08 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
I know the Irish like their drink, but FFS that's going a bit far I think
Well I was really narked - cus she's a carer so that meant that we had old people with no-one going to see them! I thought maybe they had two or something, just couldn't understand it
Old Mar 16th 2006, 3:41 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippies
Well I was really narked - cus she's a carer so that meant that we had old people with no-one going to see them! I thought maybe they had two or something, just couldn't understand it
I am PMSL.......I am planning on enjoying myself both ends of the 17th, eg starting tonight, working the day and seeing Friday out with a few......but a week!!!!! a person after me own heart.

The other daft thing thing is, as a child/teenager in Belfast St Patricks Day was never ever anything but religious. No green beer, marches etc etc for me that is the 'Hallmark' holiday branding from the states that has spread to the world today.

But they again as a Mick it is now a decent excuse to drink to celebrate
Old Mar 16th 2006, 4:17 am
Here and loving it!

cheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond repute

I'll join you for one! Happy St Paddy's Day to you

Cheri x
Old Mar 16th 2006, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

The other daft thing thing is, as a child/teenager in Belfast St Patricks Day was never ever anything but religious. No green beer, marches etc etc for me that is the 'Hallmark' holiday branding from the states that has spread to the world today.

But they again as a Mick it is now a decent excuse to drink to celebrate [/QUOTE]
Bloody hell it was never like that in Dublin. As kids we were always brought into town to see the parade then the adults went off to the pub to get drunk. Now all the kids are adults and doing the same thing with their kids! God bless St Paddy just not looking forward to the 18th :scared:
Old Mar 16th 2006, 8:56 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

And a happy St Patricks Day to you too.......hope you like the signature its taken me and my friend nearly an hour to figure it out.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 9:05 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Issie
And a happy St Patricks Day to you too.......hope you like the signature its taken me and my friend nearly an hour to figure it out.
Are you drunk again?

G
Old Mar 16th 2006, 9:06 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Are you drunk again?

G
MOI

I will be tomorrow

How are you G ?
Old Mar 16th 2006, 9:06 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Oh shite, that's tomorrow isn't it!!! I am half Irish, I should be ashamed I forgot.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 9:07 am
Extended Member

Big Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell it was never like that in Dublin. As kids we were always brought into town to see the parade then the adults went off to the pub to get drunk. Now all the kids are adults and doing the same thing with their kids! God bless St Paddy just not looking forward to the 18th :scared:
Ha ha, and it always rained.

BTW - Thanks for the tip on the Blue Gum last night Sandra, not a bad place.

Anyway, let's get the work done and down to the pub.

Jaysus, I've an awful thirst on me...

Saint Patrick was a gentleman,
And he came from dacent people...

Big.

Last edited by Big Galah; Mar 16th 2006 at 9:09 am.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 9:25 am

I am PMSL.......I am planning on enjoying myself both ends of the 17th, eg starting tonight, working the day and seeing Friday out with a few......but a week!!!!! a person after me own heart.
I know! You should've seen us in the office getting all sorts of diaries and calendars to see if we could find anywhere where we'd got the date wrong! Best thing is, I've just got in from work and apparantly she phoned in sick the next day with a hangover?!?!
Old Mar 16th 2006, 3:58 pm
Gone Senile Member

Originally Posted by Big Galah
Ha ha, and it always rained.

BTW - Thanks for the tip on the Blue Gum last night Sandra, not a bad place.

Anyway, let's get the work done and down to the pub.

Jaysus, I've an awful thirst on me...

Saint Patrick was a gentleman,
And he came from dacent people...

Big.
Glad you found the pub ok - as you said limited choice in Hornsby.

If you are talking Sydney then the Italian Village down in the Rocks is a place I rate yum

I am sitting here thinking a Guinness is called for in Australia Square in around 50 mins.....
Old Mar 16th 2006, 4:30 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's also the 17th here in Perth LOL So happy St Patricks Day to all

I'll be having a few later on The proper Irish Guinesses that is