British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Happy St Patricks Day! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/happy-st-patricks-day-790810/)

commonwealth Mar 17th 2013 7:53 am

Happy St Patricks Day!

http://crazy-frankenstein.com/free-w...s-1024x768.jpg

Pollyana Mar 17th 2013 8:05 am

Re: Happy St Patricks Day!

Originally Posted by commonwealth (Post 10608360)

:beer::beer:
And as he was born in Wales today is a mega-celebration! Pity I'm working :ohmy:

commonwealth Mar 17th 2013 8:40 am

hic! my green shirt is wet. i'm craving for some 7UP!

commonwealth Mar 17th 2013 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 10608370)
:beer::beer:
And as he was born in Wales today is a mega-celebration! Pity I'm working :ohmy:

oh wait, isnt that supposed to be St Davids?

Pollyana Mar 17th 2013 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by commonwealth (Post 10608740)
oh wait, isnt that supposed to be St Davids?

Nope, ST Patrick was born in Wales :thumbup:

roaringmouse Mar 17th 2013 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 10608742)
Nope, ST Patrick was born in Wales :thumbup:

Highly dubious, Cumbria seems to be the most likely place but it is not known for certain where he was born and several places have been suggested.

RedT Mar 18th 2013 2:30 am

I've always been told he was born in Wales. Didn't partake of the festivities in Sydney yesterday though, only so many plastic Paddies I can take in one day.

commonwealth Mar 18th 2013 5:59 am

lol i saw heavy police presence in sydney yesterday!

carolinephillips Mar 18th 2013 6:29 am

It is rumoured that St Patrick was a disciple of St David.

iamthecreaturefromuranus Mar 18th 2013 7:33 am

Originally Posted by RedT (Post 10609854)
I've always been told he was born in Wales. Didn't partake of the festivities in Sydney yesterday though, only so many plastic Paddies I can take in one day.

I don't get the need for, what seems to be, the entire English speaking world to celebrate an Irish saint... and I'm from Irish parentage.
If you want to go out and get pissed then just get on and do it.. you shouldn't need an excuse.

Bernieboy Mar 18th 2013 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus (Post 10610116)
I don't get the need for, what seems to be, the entire English speaking world to celebrate an Irish saint... and I'm from Irish parentage.
If you want to go out and get pissed then just get on and do it.. you shouldn't need an excuse.

Yer face is yer excuse;)

roaringmouse Mar 18th 2013 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus (Post 10610116)

That's the issue - a day that is there to celebrate the life of a British missionary to Ireland has been turned into a day to get pissed, mainly by drinking stout from a specific company.

ukecadet Mar 20th 2013 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by roaringmouse (Post 10610947)
That's the issue - a day that is there to celebrate the life of a British missionary to Ireland has been turned into a day to get pissed, mainly by drinking stout from a specific company.

That's a hard one isn't it.:unsure:
Should I run through the long grass on the creek in a pair of open toed sandals kicking snakes or go for a pint of the black stuff.