Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Happy Invasion Day!!

Happy Invasion Day!!

Old Jan 25th 2010, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light
Default Happy Invasion Day!!

Hope everyone has a great day, but also remembers the plight of indigenous on this date. I hope one day Australia day is moved to another date, maybe federation.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...K_aMaXT99IV3ow

Last edited by Devlin; Jan 25th 2010 at 4:37 pm.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 4:44 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Happy Invasion Day!!

Originally Posted by Devlin
Hope everyone has a great day, but also remembers the plight of indigenous on this date. I hope one day Australia day is moved to another date, maybe federation.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...K_aMaXT99IV3ow
Any chosen date will upset someone..... Roll on the day when trivialities don't matter

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love... and then we return home.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kporte
Any chosen date will upset someone..... Roll on the day when trivialities don't matter
Indigenous Australians understandably don't think this is trivial. Nor do I.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 4:56 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Devlin
Indigenous Australians understandably don't think this is trivial. Nor do I.
Nor do I, hence the aboriginal quote. I'm not sure how we will change things though. We may have to sweep a lot under the rug to move forward.....
Old Jan 25th 2010, 5:32 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Happy Invasion Day!!

With all these Poms flooding into the country, every day is Invasion Day.

When will our government stem the tide of the "White Peril"!?

Old Jan 26th 2010, 12:00 am
ABCDiamond

I wonder how many other countries celebrate the overthrow of the previous countries occupiers/rulers, as their new "special" day.

Old Jan 26th 2010, 12:10 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I wonder how many other countries celebrate the overthrow of the previous countries occupiers/rulers, as their new "special" day.
April 16th would be a good day for a public holiday in England.

Culloden Day.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 12:14 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus

Culloden Day.
Duck and cover
Old Jan 26th 2010, 12:15 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Duck and cover
Yeah I know..... the Highland Hordes will be decending on me in no time.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 12:16 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Happy Invasion Day!!

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
The arrival of the First Fleet was simply that: the arrival of a fleet. They didn't overthrow anyone.

Having said that, I would prefer the date to be changed. Federation would be preferable, or even better, the date that we finally become a republic.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 12:43 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus

Culloden Day.
love you too Iam
Old Jan 26th 2010, 12:46 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love... and then we return home.
beautiful, just beautiful Happy Australia Day to all of you!
Old Jan 26th 2010, 1:12 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
The arrival of the First Fleet was simply that: the arrival of a fleet. They didn't overthrow anyone.
Being called Invasion Day does indicate this.

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Having said that, I would prefer the date to be changed. Federation would be preferable, or even better, the date that we finally become a republic.
Federation day being Jan 1st, already a public holiday, would not go down well

The day that Australia becomes a Republic does sound the perfect solution.

Old Jan 26th 2010, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

Babycoach is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy Australia day to everyone - especially those of you in the UK about to arrive soon. I have been here for 24 years and never been back - you will love it! If you are in Brissie anyway and not Townsville lol
Old Jan 26th 2010, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

And a happy Australia day to you too Babycoach, I hope you and yours have a great one. Once you get the first twenty years under yer belt, the rest is easy

Originally Posted by Babycoach
Happy Australia day to everyone - especially those of you in the UK about to arrive soon. I have been here for 24 years and never been back - you will love it! If you are in Brissie anyway and not Townsville lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.