Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Happy Birthday to The Queen

Happy Birthday to The Queen

Old Jun 11th 2018, 1:46 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Happy Birthday to The Queen

Enjoying the public holiday to celebrate. Wishing her an awesome day!
Old Jun 11th 2018, 2:04 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Happy Birthday to The Queen

Originally Posted by paulry
Enjoying the public holiday to celebrate. Wishing her an awesome day!

. . . . . . . .

Old Jun 11th 2018, 2:09 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoying the day off here too although her birthday was back in April
Old Jun 11th 2018, 4:59 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I know, I s'pose it was set to June to give the plebs an extra holiday in summer. Problem it's only the public servants who get it - and everyone in Gibraltar and Australia. Actually, the UK gets short changed on public holidays, poor buggers. Only 8!
Old Jun 11th 2018, 5:04 am
Banned

Originally Posted by GarryP

. . . . . . . .

Very creative
Old Jun 11th 2018, 5:36 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

We did also.
Old Jun 11th 2018, 6:12 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
I know, I s'pose it was set to June to give the plebs an extra holiday in summer. Problem it's only the public servants who get it - and everyone in Gibraltar and Australia. Actually, the UK gets short changed on public holidays, poor buggers. Only 8!
I think that because the monarch changes, and therefore their actual birthday, an official birthday is not a bad thing. Not sure anyone in the UK gets the day off since I think the official one there falls on the weekend.

I also think that not all the states celebrate the day today - I'm thinking WA has a different day but can't be bothered to Google (slack I know)
I do think though that some of the other commonwealth countries celebrate the day too, but again not googling.

On the whole subject of public holidays, don't think we get more than 8 do we? (We being SA just in case )
Old Jun 11th 2018, 6:36 am
Banned

I think that because the monarch changes, and therefore their actual birthday, an official birthday is not a bad thing. Not sure anyone in the UK gets the day off since I think the official one there falls on the weekend.

I also think that not all the states celebrate the day today - I'm thinking WA has a different day but can't be bothered to Google (slack I know)
I do think though that some of the other commonwealth countries celebrate the day too, but again not googling.

On the whole subject of public holidays, don't think we get more than 8 do we? (We being SA just in case )
We get 13 in the ACT.
Old Jun 11th 2018, 6:46 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

The UK has never had a day off for the Queens Birthday, however the trooping of the colour is always at a weekend so as to maaximise the number of people visiting. This year fans of the jaoied BNF leader chose to honour him by rioting in Trafalgar Square as they knew the MET Police would be somewhat busy elsewhere, what they didn't realise was that the London part of the World Naked Bike Ride was also passing through Trafalgar Square at the same time, so some interesting pictures emerged.
Old Jun 11th 2018, 6:50 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
The UK has never had a day off for the Queens Birthday, however the trooping of the colour is always at a weekend so as to maaximise the number of people visiting. This year fans of the jaoied BNF leader chose to honour him by rioting in Trafalgar Square as they knew the MET Police would be somewhat busy elsewhere, what they didn't realise was that the London part of the World Naked Bike Ride was also passing through Trafalgar Square at the same time, so some interesting pictures emerged.
Geert Wilders speech was awesome - real democracy at work
Old Jun 11th 2018, 7:23 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
The UK has never had a day off for the Queens Birthday,
Civil servants used to have time off for the Queen's Birthday. Still do I think.

Civil servants' holiday which ministers wanted to abolish is saved by the Queen | Daily Mail Online
Old Jun 11th 2018, 7:48 am
Banned

Originally Posted by GarryP
Civil servants used to have time off for the Queen's Birthday. Still do I think.

Civil servants' holiday which ministers wanted to abolish is saved by the Queen Daily Mail Online
My wife used to work for the Home Office and always had that day off. Personally, The Queen is a national treasure in the increasingly desolate British landscape. Everyone should get that day off to celebrate.
Old Jun 11th 2018, 11:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

What public holiday?
Old Jun 11th 2018, 12:15 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

No day off here but I did get to go to Trooping the Colour courtesy of the Australian High Commission. Great day out albeit I am slightly sunburned on one side of my face. Aiming for a Garden Party next year!
Old Jun 11th 2018, 1:53 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Happy B'day Liz! Not a holiday in Canada but we get Victoria's birthday as a stat so it's all good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.