Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Happy Anniversary AussieFresco.....

Happy Anniversary AussieFresco.....

Old Jan 26th 2016, 12:19 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Happy Anniversary AussieFresco.....

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Congratulations msmyrtle

or should that now be msmyrtle-o ??? msmyrtle-ie??? must be one or the other I think
Murtz or Muzza?
Old Jan 26th 2016, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by msmyrtle
Murtz or Muzza?
Murto
Old Jan 26th 2016, 8:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by msmyrtle
Haha, thanks!

It was a great morning. Woke up pretty early, got dressed and walked down to Town Hall. Swanston St was getting set up for the parade so by the time I was south of Bourke the barricades were already up. Signed in, was allocated my seat number. Overall the ceremony was pretty quick and well-run. The Australian Youth Choir performed a couple of songs, the Lord Mayor said a few words and the actual affirmation was pretty fast. The guy standing next to me made a hash of it though so it was pretty hard to ignore him and say the correct lines!

We were grouped by those that wanted to make an oath (under God) and those that made an affirmation (the pledge without reference to God). The group was about evenly split.

There was a very tall woman in the group behind me, I think she was an Olympic netballer. She was almost the same height as the Lord Mayor and he was on a stage!

I had 4 friends come along and afterwards they gave me a bouquet of Australian flowers and in true Melburnian fashion we went out to brunch.

I don't have a permanent place to call my own so I might ask at residence to see if I can plant the plant they gave us there.
Congratulations. Glad it all went very well.
Old Jan 26th 2016, 10:20 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

I really should sort out citizenship this year .... I seem to recall saying this last year and very probably the year before and maybe even the year before that! At least there is a vague possibility that it might actually happen as I didn't make it a New Years Resolution
Old Jan 26th 2016, 11:41 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Murto
I like it! It has a nice ring to it :P