Wikiposts

Happiness Index

Old Jan 12th 2011, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of
Default Happiness Index

French say they are the happiest because they wear designer clothes, eat gourmet food and drink best wines. Germans say they are happiest because they drive top cars,their own reasons,etc and Aussies say they are for the reasons you know.

From a unbiased viewpoint, what according to you is most important to make a 'happy nation' or a high 'national happiness median' at least (as its impossible to make everyone happy)
Old Jan 12th 2011, 10:41 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Happiness Index

My observation is that a "happy nation" is one that has succeeded in kicking an opponents arse whether in sport, business or war.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 8:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Bix, but would add the right balance of sunshine and rain, enough food and water/alcohol, enough cash to treat yourself, and a place where you can kick back and relax.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 8:30 am
Banned

CasualObserver1 will become famous soon enoughCasualObserver1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bix
My observation is that a "happy nation" is one that has succeeded in kicking an opponents arse whether in sport, business or war.
I thought Vanuatu was the happiest place in the world. They haven't got any of the above!

Maybe we should move there - no more cricket or rugby league!
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:30 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasualObserver1
I thought Vanuatu was the happiest place in the world. They haven't got any of the above!

Maybe we should move there - no more cricket or rugby league!
Currently being trashed by a cyclone I believe!
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
French say they are the happiest because they wear designer clothes, eat gourmet food and drink best wines. Germans say they are happiest because they drive top cars,their own reasons,etc and Aussies say they are for the reasons you know.

From a unbiased viewpoint, what according to you is most important to make a 'happy nation' or a high 'national happiness median' at least (as its impossible to make everyone happy)
More happy endings
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:34 pm
Banned

CasualObserver1 will become famous soon enoughCasualObserver1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Currently being trashed by a cyclone I believe!
That's very sad. I was only there a few weeks ago. Beautiful place.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:38 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasualObserver1
That's very sad. I was only there a few weeks ago. Beautiful place.
Moved south a little now - but was over Vanuatu yesterday.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/bre...-1225987090199
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:41 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Moved south a little now - but was over Vanuatu yesterday.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/bre...-1225987090199
I was at Tanna Island too!