Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Hands up who's leaving in September??

Hands up who's leaving in September??

Old Aug 16th 2008, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

bigpaul has a spectacular aura aboutbigpaul has a spectacular aura aboutbigpaul has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Hands up who's leaving in September??

We're leaviing on the 12th, Heathrow - Singapore, six hours there (Just enough time for a quick swim in the roof top swimming pool) then on to Brisbane. Busy cleaning everything that has been anywhere near our garden ready for removals and then Aussie customs. Handed in notice yesterday...can't wait!!!!!!!
Old Aug 17th 2008, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

trevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the rough

Hi
We are flying Emirates from Gatwick on the 1st Sept to Brisbane so I'll let you all know what it's like lol
Old Aug 17th 2008, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

shellynelly will become famous soon enoughshellynelly will become famous soon enough

we are flying heathrow to perth via singapore(5 hour stop in sing) on 11th september at 18.30, shipping company coming 26th aug , cant wait now just got to find temp accom for a month or so
michelle x
Old Aug 18th 2008, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light

Hi shelynelly,

Dont know where your going in perth but a really nice lady got in touch with me about her property in quinns rock that is available frm 29 sept till 14 dec, great location and good price if u need her number pm me and i will give it to u. Hope all goes well, its exciting isnt it.xx
Old Aug 18th 2008, 1:01 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Dogs are booked for 24th so we will be a few days after them!!!!

Heathrow to Sydney
Old Aug 18th 2008, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all

[still trying to downsize my wardrobe and shoe/boot cupboard:

This is my task this week - car boot on Sunday .We are going Nov 3rd - only problem is lots of bargains in the shops instead of downsizing I'm seem to be upsizing ! Today I came home with 3 dresses for me, shirt for me, t-shirts for the kids (for now and 2 years in advance) - oh dear I seem to have forgotten the OH - oh well seems all the easier not to mention my purchases as I don't have anything for him !
Old Aug 18th 2008, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Daydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Reading fan
[still trying to downsize my wardrobe and shoe/boot cupboard:

This is my task this week - car boot on Sunday .We are going Nov 3rd - only problem is lots of bargains in the shops instead of downsizing I'm seem to be upsizing ! Today I came home with 3 dresses for me, shirt for me, t-shirts for the kids (for now and 2 years in advance) - oh dear I seem to have forgotten the OH - oh well seems all the easier not to mention my purchases as I don't have anything for him !
I just think that I won't have much money when I get there, so I might as well buy nice new things now while I can still afford them. HaHa. Also managed to persuade my husband that we need to include money in our moving budget for new suits for interviews
Old Aug 18th 2008, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Daydreamer123
Also managed to persuade my husband that we need to include money in our moving budget for new suits for interviews

I like your logic
Old Aug 18th 2008, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cazw1405
Hi All,

We are leaving on the 6th of September!!!!!! I cannot wait!! Not organised to go yet though! Movers arrive on the 2nd then down to heathrow on the 5th then bye bye old Blighty! so excited!!!

Caz x
How very strange!! I came on this forum to see how the immigration process works for you guys. Is EVERYONE going at the same time?
Old Aug 18th 2008, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bigpaul
We're leaviing on the 12th, Heathrow - Singapore, six hours there (Just enough time for a quick swim in the roof top swimming pool) then on to Brisbane. Busy cleaning everything that has been anywhere near our garden ready for removals and then Aussie customs. Handed in notice yesterday...can't wait!!!!!!!
wow..how exciting..Good Luck
Old Aug 19th 2008, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

KarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant future

Hey all you September movers!

Hope the moves go well. Very exciting. We came to Brisbane (well the western suburbs actually!) last November and just love it. As for Aussie winters - absolutely fab! When did you ever picnic in the UK in winter????

What about your dogs, Mark? Are they doing quarantine in Sydney? Will you be able to get in to see them?
Old Aug 19th 2008, 1:58 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by KarenBK
What about your dogs, Mark? Are they doing quarantine in Sydney? Will you be able to get in to see them?
Yes they will be in quarantine for 30 days - Its no big deal for me as I quite often work away and dont see them all week, but Kerry will miss them.

We are allowed to visit Tuesdays and Thursdays but its not fair on them because they will think we have come to fetch them, then we will leave again. We will probably visit in the last week of their stay though - wont be able to stay away.

Last edited by MarkMC; Aug 19th 2008 at 2:13 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Aug 20th 2008, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

KarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant future

I didn't have that worry actually with my dog as I was in Brisbane so no chance of being able to get to Sydney for visits.

But the month passes quickly and they'll be home before you know it!!
Old Aug 20th 2008, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

LUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Hands up who's leaving in September??

we are, 23 sep Singapore 22.05 flight, cannot bloody wait!
Old Aug 20th 2008, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

Alicat_pink will become famous soon enough

We leave on the 1st September. Booked today. Fly from Birmingham to Brisbane with Emirates. Whooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Alicat_pink; Aug 20th 2008 at 10:25 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.