Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Half my life is winter..........

Half my life is winter..........

Old Jul 29th 2009, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Ianevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to all
Default Half my life is winter..........

and the other half is a disappointment, look forward to spring all winter (a bit lighter) then the summer is a washout.So when people ask me why i`m emigrating,the weather is a big factor-
WINTER= long long long,not as cold as it used to be but long,long,long,dark,dark,dark,windy,damp
SPRING= optimism,wehey lighter evenings blue sky`s now and again a bit warmer,sometimes a bit colder than a freak winter February
SUMMER= Blends in from spring becomes dull. cloudy,damp.grey.Obsession with weather predictions becomes the norm,get`s hot, cool, jumper on jumper off
AUTUMN=Oh thank God that disappointments over (Closure from Summer) Beautiful all the trees are colorful,blue skies again,spring like temperatures,Winters near SADS!!!!
Hope I get out to oz before winter!!!!!!!AAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhh
Old Jul 29th 2009, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Half my life is winter..........

Originally Posted by Ianevs
WINTER= long long long,not as cold as it used to be but long,long,long,dark,dark,dark,windy,damp
Didn't fancy Canada then ?
Old Jul 29th 2009, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all

The Autumn is the best time of the year - colours and fresh air! Not sure whether Aus will be as good! Winter or Christmas Day is brill - don't fancy a hot barby on 25th Dec. Still fancy Aus though
Old Jul 29th 2009, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

Ianevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ann m
Didn't fancy Canada then ?
Noooooooooooooooo,been there travelling, but it`s the sunburnt country for me!!!!!!!
Old Jul 29th 2009, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

thermojetics is an unknown quantity at this point

and the other half is a disappointment, look forward to spring all winter (a bit lighter) then the summer is a washout.So when people ask me why i`m emigrating,the weather is a big factor-
SPRING= optimism,wehey lighter evenings blue sky`s now and again a bit warmer,sometimes a bit colder than a freak winter February
SUMMER= Blends in from spring becomes dull. cloudy,damp.grey.Obsession with weather predictions becomes the norm,get`s hot, cool, jumper on jumper off
AUTUMN=Oh thank God that disappointments over (Closure from Summer) Beautiful all the trees are colorful,blue skies again,spring like temperatures,Winters near SADS!!!!
Hope I get out to oz before winter!!!!!!!AAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhh

I hope we are going to fool the winter this year because we booked the tickets to fly on Nov the 1-st to OZ just before the canadian winnter is starting ...
Old Jul 29th 2009, 10:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daddyofthree
The Autumn is the best time of the year - colours and fresh air! Not sure whether Aus will be as good!
Autumn is often the best time in Australia too for the same reasons.

The UK seems to suffer (if that is your view) from a wet season in the summer and some years, this is not alleviated by many, many sunny days. Other places like Sydney and Brisbane get it too, but the hot and sunny days go hand in hand with them.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Autumn is often the best time in Australia too for the same reasons.

The UK seems to suffer (if that is your view) from a wet season in the summer and some years, this is not alleviated by many, many sunny days. Other places like Sydney and Brisbane get it too, but the hot and sunny days go hand in hand with them.
yeah I know summer is the wettest time in the central coast,but God do the hot days make up for it!
Old Jul 30th 2009, 12:44 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

my feelings are that (depending on where you go in oz) that you may well miss the weather-especially autumn. Autumn was always my fav time of year, the smell of the crisp air the beautiful colours etc but to be honest, I get heartily sick of the the summer here, by the time the autumn comes i am totally ready for it. Yes every morning in the summer I open the curtains-whats the weather gonna be today? ahh, blue cloudless skies and sunny AGAIN- it honestly gets boring after a couple of years and you find you will look forward to the different seasons coming.
I feel that its great here that we actually DO have seasons, unllike the uk where it just tends to be a various mix of cloud, low cloud, rain, wind and sunny spells all year round. Having said that the autumn is not as beautiful as the UK here but it is as welcome!
Old Jul 30th 2009, 12:55 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Get four seasons here. Woke up the other morning to frost on the back lawn. Winter days here are massively preferable to the British variety - usually sunny, temperature around 19 or 20°c. Even the very hot summer months here are mitigated by the fact that we live right on the coast and get cooling sea breezes.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 1:03 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch
Winter days here are massively preferable to the British variety - usually sunny, temperature around 19 or 20°c. Even the very hot summer months here are mitigated by the fact that we live right on the coast and get cooling sea breezes.
That only applies to your part of Australia. I'm sure a lot of people would have a differing experience, especially those that live in Tasmania.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 1:44 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by squeezzii
Yes every morning in the summer I open the curtains-whats the weather gonna be today? ahh, blue cloudless skies and sunny AGAIN- it honestly gets boring after a couple of years and you find you will look forward to the different seasons coming.
Speak for yourself I love the monotony of beautiful weather

Old Jul 30th 2009, 1:46 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Deancm
That only applies to your part of Australia. I'm sure a lot of people would have a differing experience, especially those that live in Tasmania.
The people who move to Tasmania don't choose it for the weather, or do they ? I suppose if you like the British weather style it would make a 'closer' choice.

Old Jul 30th 2009, 2:23 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm
No shit, Sherlock. That's why I said, "Winter days here," right next to the location description under my avatar. Got any other pearls of wisdom to bestow on us?

Old Jul 30th 2009, 2:45 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

No shit, Sherlock. That's why I said, "Winter days here," right next to the location description under my avatar. Got any other pearls of wisdom to bestow on us?

Yeah and i'm sure everybody that reads your post also reads what's written under your avatar. Most people wouldn't take notice of it. In the context of what you wrote "here" could mean "Australia".

Old Jul 30th 2009, 3:04 am
ABCDiamond

Even the very hot summer months here are mitigated by the fact that we live right on the coast and get cooling sea breezes.
That would be the same all along the east coast would't it ?

maybe even Tasmania too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.