British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Half decent curry house on Gold Coast! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/half-decent-curry-house-gold-coast-579137/)

Carbery Dec 18th 2008 2:53 am

Half decent curry house on Gold Coast!

Its called 'Anand Sagar' Indian Restaurant - 31 Station Street Nerang. Quite a small place, dodgy Indian murals on the wall, NOT air conditioned so best sit outside. Good menu - not just Butter Chicken & Rogan Josh (I resisted ordering the Curried Goat) and good service. The night we were there the diners seemed to be either Kiwis or Poms, I am still amazed that most restaurants are done by 9:00pm.
Better than the legendary Spice Ave, Birkdale? Probably not but it the best UK style Indian we have tried on the GC.

PS - its a BYO.

bobbyftm Dec 18th 2008 5:44 am

Re: Half decent curry house on Gold Coast!

Originally Posted by Carbery (Post 7077900)
Its called 'Anand Sagar' Indian Restaurant - 31 Station Street Nerang. Quite a small place, dodgy Indian murals on the wall, NOT air conditioned so best sit outside. Good menu - not just Butter Chicken & Rogan Josh (I resisted ordering the Curried Goat) and good service. The night we were there the diners seemed to be either Kiwis or Poms, I am still amazed that most restaurants are done by 9:00pm.
Better than the legendary Spice Ave, Birkdale? Probably not but it the best UK style Indian we have tried on the GC.

PS - its a BYO.

Traitors :p:p:lol:

steve`o Dec 18th 2008 11:02 am

PS - its a BYO.

have you tried krish on worongary mall they changed the chef about 2 month back and since then its been brilliant ;)

gazclaire Dec 18th 2008 11:12 am

gonna give that a go then, cheers steve'o

sunshine23 Dec 18th 2008 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by steve`o (Post 7078897)
have you tried krish on worongary mall they changed the chef about 2 month back and since then its been brilliant ;)

mmmmmm one of my favourite restaurants on the Gold Coast.

Will probably be there Sat night.

Sunshine23:thumbsup:

steve`o Dec 18th 2008 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by sunshine23 (Post 7080412)
mmmmmm one of my favourite restaurants on the Gold Coast.

Will probably be there Sat night.

we will have to arrange a night when we all go ;)

SEQ curry munchers night out ;)

Carbery Dec 18th 2008 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by steve`o (Post 7078897)

Not yet but in our on going search for decent GC curry that will be the next place to visit - maybe in the new year a curry night?

Carbery Dec 18th 2008 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by bobbyftm (Post 7078180)
Traitors :p:p:lol:

Never mate!! We love the Spice Ave curry nights but a good local one would be a bonus. See you tonight

steve`o Dec 19th 2008 2:47 am

Originally Posted by Carbery (Post 7080885)
Not yet but in our on going search for decent GC curry that will be the next place to visit - maybe in the new year a curry night?

i`d be up for that ;)

sunshine23 Dec 20th 2008 3:02 am

Originally Posted by steve`o (Post 7080460)
we will have to arrange a night when we all go ;)

SEQ curry munchers night out ;)

Sounds good to me. Hubby and I are always up for a Curry.

We will all have to sort something out in the new year.

emmyjc1 Dec 20th 2008 3:59 pm

There is quite a nice one for take away in the Oxenford shopping centre near woolies, I can't remember what its called, the lady that owns it also has the little one in Paradise Point.

PaulandNic Dec 20th 2008 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by emmyjc1 (Post 7085807)
There is quite a nice one for take away in the Oxenford shopping centre near woolies, I can't remember what its called, the lady that owns it also has the little one in Paradise Point.

If it's the one over next to the butchers, then I raved about that place a while back after getting a very decent take away ... :)

We tried to slip into our old UK routine of one every Saturday and the following saturday's offering was terrible! ... :thumbdown: The chicken was grey in places and I think they served us dog for the night! I complained and was offered a 'free meal' next time. Never took up the offer! ... :(

the plumber Dec 27th 2008 8:12 pm

Sorry have to reply to this.......

We went to "Krish" last night,it was awful.... may be cos i'm a Brummy and used to good curry ....but have to say in no way do they make a decent curry.....!

all the best plumb......

ps The best curry i've had since being here ( and its still not a patch on the best stuff) would have to be"KAHANI" 489Goldcoast highway near the lights at TUGAN.;)

karenjc Dec 27th 2008 9:21 pm

PS - its a BYO.

I had a take away there a few weeks ago and it was not bad. While i was waiting i got chatting to the owner and even he said you will not beat a English curry and the next time i go he will cook me a balti (they do have a lamb balti on the menu as well ) as he generally does not do the cooking. He as also opened up a shop next door selling spices, naan breads etc at ok prices. Quill...

the plumber Dec 28th 2008 2:50 am

don't bother.......i ordered the chicken balti ...it was crap , all i could tast was the salt.
the wife couldn't finish hers and the nagish starter was half cooked.

all the best plumb.

ps don't normally winge .....:thumbup: