Wikiposts

Hairdressers?

Old Oct 27th 2007, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

scotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to all
Default Hairdressers?

Hey guys - am looking from some advice from any hairdressers (or people who have complained about crappy haircuts before) out there -this has NOTHING to do with Oz by the way, but there seem to be quite a few of you emigrating.

Have just had a haircut that it approximately as good as the frizzy shag perm I got when I was 14. It's meant to be a layered bob, but the layers finish about a handspan from the bottom of my hair, and are also so chunky they look like I've had a small bowl put on my head and some of the hair chopped off around it. It really is terrible. It's so bad I actually cried when I got home, and I'm not a cryer if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I want my money back so I can go somewhere else I trust and get it sorted out. I really, really don't trust them to touch it again - especially since we're off for our reccie on Saturday - I don't want all my first pics in Oz to have to be hidden! Will they do this? Do they have to? Is there someone I can complain to if they won't give me my money back? By the way, it was a large salon in the city centre, and I paid £33 for a cut and blow dry with a so called senior stylist. I am sooo peed off!

Any advice welcome!
Old Oct 27th 2007, 10:31 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hairdressers?

I don't know about the money thing to be honest but I know I've complained about a hair cut before and had it put right by a different stylist at the same salon. Oh no actually it was a dye thinking about it, I went back and had it redone free of charge.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 11:25 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotlandtooz
Hey guys - am looking from some advice from any hairdressers (or people who have complained about crappy haircuts before) out there -this has NOTHING to do with Oz by the way, but there seem to be quite a few of you emigrating.

Have just had a haircut that it approximately as good as the frizzy shag perm I got when I was 14. It's meant to be a layered bob, but the layers finish about a handspan from the bottom of my hair, and are also so chunky they look like I've had a small bowl put on my head and some of the hair chopped off around it. It really is terrible. It's so bad I actually cried when I got home, and I'm not a cryer if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I want my money back so I can go somewhere else I trust and get it sorted out. I really, really don't trust them to touch it again - especially since we're off for our reccie on Saturday - I don't want all my first pics in Oz to have to be hidden! Will they do this? Do they have to? Is there someone I can complain to if they won't give me my money back? By the way, it was a large salon in the city centre, and I paid £33 for a cut and blow dry with a so called senior stylist. I am sooo peed off!

Any advice welcome!
I would guess, your first recourse, would be with the salon, and specifically the manager/ess or the owner.

Explain you are unhappy with the cut, and that you have lost confidence in the stylists ability to rectify, what in your opinion isnt what you expected.

Furthermore, say, that you would rather sort this out, swiftly and amicably. That you paid for the cut, in good faith, in full. And would expect an establishment such as theirs to also, offer the same reciprocated service.

As such, you are happy, to pursue the matter to a mutually conclusive end, by means of a full refund, and that you would be keen to get your hair cut elsewhere, and pay a little extra for that stylist to rectify your hair in a manner that you are happy with.

Also that you think, it best that the salon , in question, do not rectify your hair, as this could possibly add insult to injury.

Be prepared tho, that legally you must offer the original salon the opportunity to rectify their mistakes, and by not accepting this, are really on shaky ground.

Be subversive, direct, and friendly.

Make sure the shop is full, speak clearly, and say what you want to say, direct to the point, and with fairness in your voice.

Steve
Old Oct 27th 2007, 12:06 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
I would guess, your first recourse, would be with the salon, and specifically the manager/ess or the owner.

Explain you are unhappy with the cut, and that you have lost confidence in the stylists ability to rectify, what in your opinion isnt what you expected.

Furthermore, say, that you would rather sort this out, swiftly and amicably. That you paid for the cut, in good faith, in full. And would expect an establishment such as theirs to also, offer the same reciprocated service.

As such, you are happy, to pursue the matter to a mutually conclusive end, by means of a full refund, and that you would be keen to get your hair cut elsewhere, and pay a little extra for that stylist to rectify your hair in a manner that you are happy with.

Also that you think, it best that the salon , in question, do not rectify your hair, as this could possibly add insult to injury.

Be prepared tho, that legally you must offer the original salon the opportunity to rectify their mistakes, and by not accepting this, are really on shaky ground.

Be subversive, direct, and friendly.

Make sure the shop is full, speak clearly, and say what you want to say, direct to the point, and with fairness in your voice.

Steve
Excellent advice.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 12:32 am
BE Enthusiast

scotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to all

Thanks guys. I'm going to see if I can leave work early tomorrow to go it, as don't want to leave it till my next day off. Am a bit nervous, but soooo angry now. Have no idea what my usual hairdressers can do to fix it as well, as the top is really short. Buggers.