Haircuts

Old Dec 12th 2005, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Haircuts

Im pretty upfront and say what i mean but dont be as daft as me.I had a shite haircut when living in the UK ,so i went back and complained ,the woman was very nice ,apoligised and redone it ,but shorter obviuosly and 10 times worse.
Moral of the story,you are in a no win situation,if she couldnt cut it the first time she sure as hell aint gonna do any better the 2nd time!!
Donna
Old Dec 12th 2005, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donna
Im pretty upfront and say what i mean but dont be as daft as me.I had a shite haircut when living in the UK ,so i went back and complained ,the woman was very nice ,apoligised and redone it ,but shorter obviuosly and 10 times worse.
Moral of the story,you are in a no win situation,if she couldnt cut it the first time she sure as hell aint gonna do any better the 2nd time!!
Donna
lol
Old Dec 12th 2005, 10:27 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donna
Donna
LOL sorry for laughing, but karma on its way for brightening my day
Old Dec 13th 2005, 6:28 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to see it`s not just me that has these problems!! On the bright side I woke up in a much better mood this morning and managed to persuade my hair into looking less like Dustin Hoffman (suppose it could have been worse - I could have looked like Tootsie rather than Rainman!!)
Old Dec 13th 2005, 6:57 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

I know I'm a bloke and should be satisfied with the 'short back and sides' as are 99% of the male population but I too have this fear of hairdressers!!

Firstly it's the cost! I get my hair cut once a fortnight - it's very thick and I like it short (it hides the greys)...£15 a throw for a 2 minute butchering by some eejit with the clippers!!!!

Reminds me of the time I got up out of the chair half way through a haircut, threw the gown on the floor and demanded to see the certificates and qualifications of this 'immigrant' (spoke no english, obviously didnt have a clue) that was cutting my beloved barnet into smitherines!!! Naturally, there were none.....was very funny with a packed barber shop!!! Management apologising profusely, free haircuts offered etc......stormed out looking like a Raggy Doll half way though a haircut!!

Ever since then I have been cutting my own hair...gets done just the way I want it!!
Old Dec 13th 2005, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
I know I'm a bloke and should be satisfied with the 'short back and sides' as are 99% of the male population but I too have this fear of hairdressers!!

Firstly it's the cost! I get my hair cut once a fortnight - it's very thick and I like it short (it hides the greys)...£15 a throw for a 2 minute butchering by some eejit with the clippers!!!!

Reminds me of the time I got up out of the chair half way through a haircut, threw the gown on the floor and demanded to see the certificates and qualifications of this 'immigrant' (spoke no english, obviously didnt have a clue) that was cutting my beloved barnet into smitherines!!! Naturally, there were none.....was very funny with a packed barber shop!!! Management apologising profusely, free haircuts offered etc......stormed out looking like a Raggy Doll half way though a haircut!!

Ever since then I have been cutting my own hair...gets done just the way I want it!!
we could tell
Old Dec 13th 2005, 8:58 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Well being a hairdresser 'ahem' I can only speak for myself. I prefer people to tell me if I get it wrong. This does happen and usually the problem lies in the explanation of things, if it's just a generally crap cut then the hairdresser shuldn't have a job. Pictures of previous haircuts are a big help but pictures of celebrities out of magazines are not, because everyones hair is different and these transformations may not always suit you, always bring them in though if you are prepared to adapt the haircut to something similar that would suit your hair better.

However, as for asking for a trim and coming out loads shorter, I would've complained, got my money back and rather than acepting free haircuts or whatever they offer, tell them you don't want it because they're crap.

Also, I've been here little over 3 months now and still haven't had a haircut! I wish I could remove my head, cut it myself and stick it back on. I hate having my hair cut but will have to brave it sometime soon. I'm starting to resemble a raggy doll.

Marie

Oh, and 1 last thing......if you walk in to a salon and like the look of one of the stylists hair, ask them who cut it and get it done by whoever did it, not by the stylist whose hair you like
Old Dec 13th 2005, 11:54 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by glittababe
we could tell
Hmmmmmm (quietly thinking of a come back)

Be prepared!

Old Dec 13th 2005, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hmmmmmm (quietly thinking of a come back)

Be prepared!

I'll give you one! Look what i did to my son's fringe
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
pic_034.jpg.bmp (225.1 KB, 56 views)
Old Dec 13th 2005, 12:25 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Oh, and 1 last thing......if you walk in to a salon and like the look of one of the stylists hair, ask them who cut it and get it done by whoever did it, not by the stylist whose hair you like
Yep I'm with you on that one I always look at the salon staffs hair, if its crap I wont go in.

Wrote this on another thread a bit back but I was looking through a hairstyle mag here in UK and saw all these fab cuts when I checked out the salon it was in..... Tasmania! yeeehaaa Convict Cutters here I come
Old Dec 13th 2005, 12:27 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Am I the only person to do this??..... my local hairdressers shut a while ago (they always cut it exactly how I wanted it and were cheap too)So I decided to to try and grow my hair, went to a hairdressers in town (trendy one) paid £25 and came out looking like Worzel Gummidge, tried another last week (paid £30) and came out looking like I had a big mushroom on my head (it was that bad people were staring at me and my husband burst out laughing when he saw it).So tonight I tried another hairdresser said I`d had enough and wanted it short, she cut it and and I said it wasn`t short enough(anted it short with wispy bits going onto my face), so she cut a little bit more off, I got home washed it and styled it the way I wanted itand found I resembeled Wolverine from the Xmen. So feeling extremely peed off by this point (and suffering from PMT) I threw a wobbly and decided to cut it myself......... I now resemble Dustin Hoffman in Rainman. :scared:
What really pees me off is every time I`ve turned round to the hairdresser and said oh yeh that`ll be fine and then gone home,washed it out and styled it differently.

Oh god, I am so sorry but I am crying with laughter reading this I think this is the funniest post I have read in ages, I love your comparisons, and I needed a laugh because I have PMT
I had my first hair cut in Oz 3 weeks ago and my husband burst out laughing when he saw me too

Should of added that said haircut cost me $317 :scared:

Last edited by chatty34; Dec 13th 2005 at 12:32 pm. Reason: Forgot to mention how much the haircut cost!
Old Dec 13th 2005, 4:18 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
Oh god, I am so sorry but I am crying with laughter reading this I think this is the funniest post I have read in ages, I love your comparisons, and I needed a laugh because I have PMT
I had my first hair cut in Oz 3 weeks ago and my husband burst out laughing when he saw me too

Should of added that said haircut cost me $317 :scared:
OMG!!! How much!!
I bet you felt like lumping your husband when he laughed (I know I was close to it with mine!!!)Did you tell him how much it cost or were you vague with remembering the full details LOL. The question is did you like it??
Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:01 pm
Account Closed

I'll give you one! Look what i did to my son's fringe
GB

Need to help ya out matey.........

When you post a pic, 1st open it in yer image editing programme...Paint will do...click 'file' -'save as' - then save it in JPG format...

You'll find it'll show up then!

women!!!!

BTW....poor beggar!!

(you don't look old enough to have a son THAT age)

Gads.what a creeeeeep!!!
Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

GB

Need to help ya out matey.........

When you post a pic, 1st open it in yer image editing programme...Paint will do...click 'file' -'save as' - then save it in JPG format...

You'll find it'll show up then!

women!!!!

BTW....poor beggar!!

(you don't look old enough to have a son THAT age)

Gads.what a creeeeeep!!!
lol but when i go to manage files, it says browse (so i do) then I click the pic I want and upload! This is obviously a male computer; it assumes I know how to change formats etc and i don't! I'm a ditsy blonde and proud (altho courtesy of said hairdresser i have lovely dark and red streaks through my hair at the moment)!
Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:42 pm
Account Closed

lol but when i go to manage files, it says browse (so i do) then I click the pic I want and upload! This is obviously a male computer; it assumes I know how to change formats etc and i don't! I'm a ditsy blonde and proud (altho courtesy of said hairdresser i have lovely dark and red streaks through my hair at the moment)!
GB

You need to change the format BEFORE you even attempt to 'manage files'!!!!

Change the format of the pic you want to upload OUTSIDE of BE by opening it up, prob will open in paint as its a .bmp file, then do as I said above...THEN go back to BE and 'manage files' and select the NEW file that you saved as a .jpg

Gerrit?

Is there any hope???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.