Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Hailstones in Melbourne this morning.

Hailstones in Melbourne this morning.

Old Nov 21st 2008, 10:28 pm
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hailstones in Melbourne this morning.

Here's the video of how it looked outside the back door 10 minutes ago at 10:20 on Saturday 22nd November here in Melbourne.

I think I'll skip that bike ride today...awwwkkk !

It's a pretty amazing synoptic chart for Oz at the moment - wet and stormy everywhere except The Alice by the look of it....
Attached Thumbnails Hailstones in Melbourne this morning.-22-11-2008-10.26.54-am.png  
Attached Files
File Type: avi
Hailstones - Nov 2008.avi (4.70 MB, 83 views)
Old Nov 21st 2008, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

thribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hailstones in Melbourne this morning.

Originally Posted by DownUnderPaddy
Here's the video of how it looked outside the back door 10 minutes ago at 10:20 on Saturday 22nd November here in Melbourne.

I think I'll skip that bike ride today...awwwkkk !

It's a pretty amazing synoptic chart for Oz at the moment - wet and stormy everywhere except The Alice by the look of it....
I've been watching the weather all morning, trying to decide if I can get to the shops and back without getting drenched. The hailstones finally decided me - no. Although we did stop and watch them for a few minutes, which shows how Aussie I now am - back in the UK I wouldn't have glanced twice out of the window.
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 6:06 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thribble
I've been watching the weather all morning, trying to decide if I can get to the shops and back without getting drenched. The hailstones finally decided me - no. Although we did stop and watch them for a few minutes, which shows how Aussie I now am - back in the UK I wouldn't have glanced twice out of the window.
6yo and I were out shopping and we loved it. For a little while after the hail, the ground was all white and it felt really Christmassy
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 7:39 am
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DownUnderPaddy
Batten down the hatches tonight in Melbourne - it will be windy.
http://www.theage.com.au/national/sn...1122-6eer.html

..and the advice from the SES :
"We really ask people to not park their cars under trees.''

Zoikes !
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 9:25 am
SNH
BE Enthusiast

SNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud of

I know!! What's going on?!

In Canberra we've had thirty degree days and endless sunshine.

Now today I'm back in winter clothes and the icy wind is blowing over from the Thredbo snowfields (where it's supposed to actually snow today)!!

I guess at least it rained last night. It never rains here and boy is our garden on the dead side.
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

I feel for you - we're about to have an 'icy blast' apparently here in the UK. Not too bad at the moment, just that bloody awful grey, drizzly, shall-I-wear-a-thick-coat-or-not weather. Hope it perks up for you. When we were in Melbourne last Xmas it was thunder and lightening and rain for the first week then it cleared to be beautiful in the second week, with 42 degrees on New Years day. At least you've got the hope of sunnier weather later, we don't!
Lorraine
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 2:50 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

End of Spring, beginning of Summer - my *ss!

It was 6.5' this morning, blowing a full gale with drenching rain. Heating full blast. Water through the windows, mopping up sills.

Played golf yesterday in wind, hail, snow pellets, rain.

Locals say it's the worst and longest winter they can remember.

"Come for the space and the weather."

Well, there's plent of both <g>.