Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Gumtree is it still available people

Gumtree is it still available people

Old Feb 26th 2020, 1:21 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gumtree is it still available people

I did that erroneous a few times on facebook market place. Now I know it really winds people up I shall do it on porpoise.

My favourite thing about the classified advert medium is the text accompanying adverts. I never realised English was the second language of so many Australians!
Old Jun 8th 2020, 9:06 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

I must say that I have found Gumtree very useful.

We downsized recently and sold many items through Gumtree with very few teaser replies.

The best was recently when I sold the Honda CR-V I bought when we moved to Oz in 2004: I had a new car on order and was getting worried that I might be landed with an "extra" car when I took delivery and couldn't sell the Honda. However, a week before delivery I put it on Gumtree at 0900, went shopping (more accurately, took Mrs Wol shopping), came home at 1400 to find 27 replies two of which offered more than I asked!

The second replier I called who answered (and was one of those who offered more) came to the house at 1500 with cash and drove away 30 mins later.

The uncanny thing was that he had a 1999 CR-V and received a letter from Honda the previous day saying "Do not drive your car" - it was one of those with the takata issue, and Honda said that since they could no longer supply the parts they would repurchase his car at over market value, send a flatbed and take it away and so long as it could be put on the flatbed he could take any parts off that he wanted! Since he was a tradie he was in a bit of a hole until he replaced the car.

He asked me if there were any problems with my car to which I replied that the only thing was the damping strut leaking oil on the tailgate - would you believe HIS car had exactly the same thing and the previous week he'd obtained a replacement which he'd not yet fitted!

A win-win for each of us. Long story, but I can't fault Gumtree!
Old Jun 8th 2020, 12:03 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
I must say that I have found Gumtree very useful.

We downsized recently and sold many items through Gumtree with very few teaser replies.

The best was recently when I sold the Honda CR-V I bought when we moved to Oz in 2004: I had a new car on order and was getting worried that I might be landed with an "extra" car when I took delivery and couldn't sell the Honda. However, a week before delivery I put it on Gumtree at 0900, went shopping (more accurately, took Mrs Wol shopping), came home at 1400 to find 27 replies two of which offered more than I asked!

The second replier I called who answered (and was one of those who offered more) came to the house at 1500 with cash and drove away 30 mins later.

The uncanny thing was that he had a 1999 CR-V and received a letter from Honda the previous day saying "Do not drive your car" - it was one of those with the takata issue, and Honda said that since they could no longer supply the parts they would repurchase his car at over market value, send a flatbed and take it away and so long as it could be put on the flatbed he could take any parts off that he wanted! Since he was a tradie he was in a bit of a hole until he replaced the car.

He asked me if there were any problems with my car to which I replied that the only thing was the damping strut leaking oil on the tailgate - would you believe HIS car had exactly the same thing and the previous week he'd obtained a replacement which he'd not yet fitted!

A win-win for each of us. Long story, but I can't fault Gumtree!
Great stuff. I sold a Hyundai Excel on Gumtree a few years ago. I bought it as I was waiting for a new car to be delivered. I paid $1000 for it, kept it for nearly a year and sold it for $1200 - the first time that I've ever made money on a car! I use Gumtree a lot - in the last few weeks I've bought a massive pile of firewood and a 6m long workbench for the workshop I'm currently fitting out and sold a tyre and an old steel gate and some fencing
Old Jun 8th 2020, 8:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Great stuff. I sold a Hyundai Excel on Gumtree a few years ago. I bought it as I was waiting for a new car to be delivered. I paid $1000 for it, kept it for nearly a year and sold it for $1200 - the first time that I've ever made money on a car! I use Gumtree a lot - in the last few weeks I've bought a massive pile of firewood and a 6m long workbench for the workshop I'm currently fitting out and sold a tyre and an old steel gate and some fencing
Did you buy my fire wood? Ha. Weirdly I sold a load of fire wood on Gumtree a couple of months back. I chopped down a large tree then chopped that down into further bits. I kept some for the fire pit but there was too much, so offered it free on Gumtree. I had so many interested parties 2 guys offered to pay, so I sold it equally amongst them both. They showed up with the cash.
Old Jun 19th 2020, 6:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beoz
Did you buy my fire wood? Ha. Weirdly I sold a load of fire wood on Gumtree a couple of months back. I chopped down a large tree then chopped that down into further bits. I kept some for the fire pit but there was too much, so offered it free on Gumtree. I had so many interested parties 2 guys offered to pay, so I sold it equally amongst them both. They showed up with the cash.