The Guinness Diet

Old Mar 5th 2010, 11:11 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Guinness Diet

Playing poker last night I was seated next to a very voluptuous lady [O.K she was a pit monster]. All night long she chastised me for drinking pints of Guinness. After a couple of snipey comments regarding my health/calorie intake I inquired what she was drinking. She was drinking fresh orange juice. She'd bought a 2.4 litre bottle & drank the lot, I had 4 pints of Guinness.
Well this evening, at a loose, end I googled the calorie content of both. Guinness has less calories than Fresh OJ. 30.0kcal per 100ml compared to 40.0kcal per 100ml for the OJ. It also has less calories than a pint of skimmed milk.
Unfortunately Deb has refused to let me start the day with a bowl of Kellogg's & a pint of Guinness.
Aah well bang goes the diet, back to the OJ
Old Mar 5th 2010, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The Guinness Diet

Originally Posted by cresta57
Playing poker last night I was seated next to a very voluptuous lady [O.K she was a pit monster]. All night long she chastised me for drinking pints of Guinness. After a couple of snipey comments regarding my health/calorie intake I inquired what she was drinking. She was drinking fresh orange juice. She'd bought a 2.4 litre bottle & drank the lot, I had 4 pints of Guinness.
Well this evening, at a loose, end I googled the calorie content of both. Guinness has less calories than Fresh OJ. 30.0kcal per 100ml compared to 40.0kcal per 100ml for the OJ. It also has less calories than a pint of skimmed milk.
Unfortunately Deb has refused to let me start the day with a bowl of Kellogg's & a pint of Guinness.

i will tell oh he will be so pleased
Old Mar 5th 2010, 12:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

There is something in Guinness that makes you feel full up and no need for extra food.

True story, my brother had his jaw badly broken and they had to wire up his mouth. The doctor RECOMMENDED that he drink a couple of cans of Guinness a day through a straw. This wasn't 50 years ago, this was 15 years ago.

So as they say 'Guinness is good for you', as recommended by Irish GPs

JTL
Old Mar 5th 2010, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Dont forget it is also full of iron.

Glad I had 8 cans last night It is on special in bws $55 for 24 cans I couldnt resist.

Paddy
Old Mar 5th 2010, 1:39 pm
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all

I've heard my Mam say that pregnant women should drink a pint of guinness a day to stop them from getting anaemic !
Old Mar 5th 2010, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by oz bound
I've heard my Mam say that pregnant women should drink a pint of guinness a day to stop them from getting anaemic !
That explains why I am an alcoholic

Paddy
Old Mar 5th 2010, 2:38 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fairwayskid
Dont forget it is also full of iron.
note to self - never wear a magnetic belt buckle to a pub :LOL:
Old Mar 5th 2010, 10:28 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
There is something in Guinness that makes you feel full up and no need for extra food.

True story, my brother had his jaw badly broken and they had to wire up his mouth. The doctor RECOMMENDED that he drink a couple of cans of Guinness a day through a straw. This wasn't 50 years ago, this was 15 years ago.

So as they say 'Guinness is good for you', as recommended by Irish GPs

JTL
My midwife told me to drink a bottle each night to enrich my milk when I was breastfeeding my son.. twas no hardship!

Em x
Old Mar 6th 2010, 2:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Great info S, guess i'll be able to have an extra one tonight now and still be able to squeeze onto the mirror tomorrow
Old Mar 6th 2010, 3:56 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems
My midwife told me to drink a bottle each night to enrich my milk when I was breastfeeding my son.. twas no hardship!

Em x
I could never stomach iron tablets when pregnant so was very happy when the midwife recommended a half of Guinness on an evening.

Its no wonder eldest two are drunkards
Old Mar 9th 2010, 11:25 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Beg to differ but, from what I've seen it makes no difference to the weight gain of people who drink it and if anything has the reverse effect. Mmmm.... edited comment as may be misconstrued as directed at you but I was thinking of another person at the time.

Last edited by annqldau; Mar 9th 2010 at 11:30 am.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 11:51 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems

Em x
Oh what a joy,guinness from the nipple
Old Mar 9th 2010, 12:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Oh what a joy,guinness from the nipple
A man's idea of heaven??
Old Mar 9th 2010, 12:12 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
A man's idea of heaven??
I know a few girls who would be happy sipping from the nipple
Old Mar 9th 2010, 12:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
I know a few girls who would be happy sipping from the nipple
I bet you do

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.