Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Growth of Islam in Australia.

Growth of Islam in Australia.

Old Jan 18th 2013, 3:43 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Growth of Islam in Australia.

In the spirit of the Muslim Patrol thread I found this interesting. I have no interest in any one religion over any other, to me they are all based on pure fiction but the growth of Islam in Australia and indeed worldwide is quite puzzling. Why do a small but significant number feel the need to 'rebel' against quite often the very country they are born in or at least have chosen to live in ? Clearly the overwhelming majority do the right thing and integrate but the problem of being tarred with the same brush is ever present.
http://m.theaustralian.com.au/opinio...-1226478403500
Old Jan 18th 2013, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Growth of Islam in Australia.

Originally Posted by chris955
Why do a small but significant number feel the need to 'rebel' against quite often the very country they are born in or at least have chosen to live in ? Clearly the overwhelming majority do the right thing and integrate but the problem of being tarred with the same brush is ever present.
I don't know why any notice is taken of a small number of troublemakers at any time, never mind who they are. Their significance is zero, UNTIL somebody gives them unwarranted prominence. I can only assume that some members of the press or of the political class wants them to have significance, for some undisclosed purpose.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

In the spirit of the Muslim Patrol thread I found this interesting. I have no interest in any one religion over any other, to me they are all based on pure fiction but the growth of Islam in Australia and indeed worldwide is quite puzzling. Why do a small but significant number feel the need to 'rebel' against quite often the very country they are born in or at least have chosen to live in ? Clearly the overwhelming majority do the right thing and integrate but the problem of being tarred with the same brush is ever present.
Living in the most Muslim part of Melbourne as I do. I haven't noticed any signs of rebelleng against Australia. They mix far more readily as a whole with main stream Australia than some fundamentalist Christian Groups like the "Exclusive Bretheren" for example, who are another group prominent around these parts. If anything the Islamic need to be seen and heard at all costs seems to be dying out to me... at least around here.

I think there was some major infighting within the Islamic movement in the first few years following September 11 and as far as I can tell the moderates have won. Despite a huge chink of the Western Media trying to demonise the whole of the Muslim relgion. So hats off to the Moderates within their ranks.

One major difference that needs to be pointed out to readers especially those UK based ones.... The Muslims here are mostly Middle Eastern.... whereas I think I'm right in saying that the Muslims in the UK are mostly from around the Sub Contient of India. Which in our Northern Suburbs case makes it quite difficult in a lot if not most cases to tell a Muslim based Middle Eastern person from some other parts of the Meditteranean..... Such is the way they have all assimilated.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jan 18th 2013 at 10:38 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 10:39 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Arab guys can be hot!!!!

I've met many closeted Moslems, too afraid to come out!
Old Jan 18th 2013, 10:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

When I live in Oz I find myself browsing Oz news sites. When I live in the UK I find myself browsing UK websites. Natural behaviour tends to force people to immerse themselves in their current surroundings.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 10:46 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

homesickness felt by a true aussie bloke in denial
Old Jan 18th 2013, 10:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
homesickness felt by a true aussie bloke in denial
Relentless justification to the point of sickness
Old Jan 18th 2013, 10:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

We certainly haven't got to the stage of some parts of London where Islamic gangs roam the streets berating passerbys for drinking and dressing inappropriately in their eyes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lamic-way.html

I wonder If Chris saw this report and tried to get in first ?

Edit.... whoops didnt see this before.... I was wrong he got in 2nd....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784228

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jan 18th 2013 at 11:52 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 10:56 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Guys. Its getting a bit tedious for the rest of us when a small group of posters insists on turning every thread into "oh look another example of Chris hating Australia".
Its pointless, its annoying, and I am sick of getting complaints about it.

Either discuss the subject matter properly or go somewhere else.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 10:57 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Guys. Its getting a bit tedious for the rest of us when a small group of posters insists on turning every thread into "oh look another example of Chris hating Australia".

+lots!
Old Jan 18th 2013, 11:01 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

If yer unhappy with a post then please complain to a Mod
Old Jan 18th 2013, 11:08 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
We certainly haven't got to the stage of some parts of London where Islamic gangs roam the streets berating passerbys for drinking and dressing inappropriately in their eyes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lamic-way.html

I wonder If Chris saw this report and tried to get in first ?
Careful...you shouldn't be reading UK news if you don't live there! Expect to be chastised shortly. Or maybe not.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 11:14 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

One major difference that needs to be pointed out to readers especially those UK based ones.... The Muslims here are mostly Middle Eastern.... whereas I think I'm right in saying that the Muslims in the UK are mostly from around the Sub Contient of India. Which in our Northern Suburbs case makes it quite difficult in a lot if not most cases to tell a Muslim based Middle Eastern person from some other parts of the Meditteranean..... Such is the way they have all assimilated.
I think this is a very important distinction, plus the majority of established muslims in Australia migrated from Lebanon to escape the civil war between 1975-1985.

The UK Muslims are more recent arrivals, came from very different background and came for different reasons.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 11:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
I think this is a very important distinction, plus the majority of established muslims in Australia migrated from Lebanon to escape the civil war between 1975-1985.

The UK Muslims are more recent arrivals, came from very different background and came for different reasons.
Also, Australia does have more of a culture of fit in or **** off.... Where as the uk is more... Would you kindly wait a minute whilst I loosen my trousers and bend over....
Old Jan 18th 2013, 11:29 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Also, Australia does have more of a culture of fit in or **** off.... Where as the uk is more... Would you kindly wait a minute whilst I loosen my trousers and bend over....
I fully agree. we seem to have a guilt trip going back to the empire that extends everywhere. We seem to allow anyone and everyone to walk all over us.

And if you dare suggest otherwise you are a neo-Nazi, a fascist, a war monger and anything and everything else.

Very sad. Very very sad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.