Wikiposts
View Poll Results: Grifter or Chopper?
Grifter - a 'mountain bike' that weighed half a tonne
34.00%
Chopper - don't slide off that seat and twang your knackers on that 'gear stick'
66.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Grifter or Chopper

Old Mar 21st 2008, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of
Default Re: Grifter or Chopper

Originally Posted by Icarus
yeah , they made a mk3 , made in china & as you may guess they are crap , all crappy alloy & such .

Yes , the tassle yellow one is a 69 model . the purple is a 70 USA girls model .

have sold it , the green & the black one . bloody boxes full of parts .... must get them on to ebay !

must be worth shipping , i would guess £100 a bike to ship ? have to get quotes .
Oh boys and their toys

Scott I think you should 'Give' Paul one of your special bikes as he sounds like he wants one...badly!!!
Old Mar 21st 2008, 3:41 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jerzo
Oh boys and their toys
yeah i know
Old Mar 21st 2008, 3:47 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah , they made a mk3 , made in china & as you may guess they are crap , all crappy alloy & such .

Yes , the tassle yellow one is a 69 model . the purple is a 70 USA girls model .

have sold it , the green & the black one . bloody boxes full of parts .... must get them on to ebay !

must be worth shipping , i would guess £100 a bike to ship ? have to get quotes .
Mk3 sounds pants.

If you're shipping a container then the bikes won't cost too much I wouldn't of thought.

Anyway, I'm outta here, laterz

Oh boys and their toys

Scott I think you should 'Give' Paul one of your special bikes as he sounds like he wants one...badly!!!
Yeah boys DO love their toys. I hear girls do too ...
Old Mar 21st 2008, 3:48 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Mk3 sounds pants.

If you're shipping a container then the bikes won't cost too much I wouldn't of thought.

Anyway, I'm outta here, laterz

Yeah boys DO love their toys. I hear girls do too ...
Excellent , cheers .

hmmmm girls toys , bout time we had a "rabbit thread" again
Old Mar 21st 2008, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Excellent , cheers .

hmmmm girls toys , bout time we had a "rabbit thread" again
Ann Summers trade must go through the roof with those threads!!

Not that I know much about it ...Ahem!!

Zoe
Old Mar 21st 2008, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough

I fractured my left arm on a Tomahawk (baby Chopper) ahh those were the days
Old Mar 21st 2008, 5:01 am
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Bikes i've restored , some have now been sold for the move .... i think i need to bring a few too .
Every one of those bikes are beautiful. Thank you for posting those pictures.

I especially like the purpley-blue one. I would give my left nut to own one of those!
Old Mar 21st 2008, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fenton Beasley

I especially like the purpley-blue one. I would give my left nut to own one of those!
and Scott would appreciate it very much
Old Mar 21st 2008, 5:06 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by Fenton Beasley

Love that pic you posted FB , is that a Tomahawk against the wall ?
Old Mar 21st 2008, 5:07 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Wink Re: Grifter or Chopper

and Scott would appreciate it very much
Old Mar 21st 2008, 6:12 am
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Love that pic you posted FB , is that a Tomahawk against the wall ?
No... I'm just pleased to see you.

Nah, it's a Chopper. That's me when I was 10.

I did own a Tomahawk once. It was tiny. Not a patch on a Chopper.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

mattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
I had one of those, and wasn't there a Boxer too?

Them were the days!

Yes, it went (in order of size) Boxer, Striker and Grifter.
Mine was silver. I always wanted a Grifter and they came is Blue, Silver and Red. The Grifters also had 3 gears. I was sooo envious. But then all of a sudden nobody wanted the Grifter anymore, they were too heavy and too big, not very trendy and lots were just thrown away and left to rot as the new kid on the block took to the streets....the BMX!!! ooooooooooo.....those were indeed the days!!
Old Mar 21st 2008, 9:14 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Grifter XL for me
Attached Thumbnails Grifter or Chopper-grifter.jpg  
Old Mar 21st 2008, 9:25 pm

ShozInOz is an unknown quantity at this point

The true Raleigh predecessor to the mountain bike was the Bomber. It weighed as much as a bomber too.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 9:27 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ShozInOz
The true Raleigh predecessor to the mountain bike was the Bomber. It weighed as much as a bomber too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.