Greenshield Stamps!

Old Sep 27th 2010, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

sammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant future
Cool Greenshield Stamps!

Do any of you ex Poms remember Greenshield Stamps? I remember queing up at the South Croydon showroom for our desired item, can't remember what it was though...
Old Sep 27th 2010, 5:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greenshield Stamps!

Can remember books and books of the bloody things. Never ever remember redeeming anything for them. My mother must have well and truly had glue tounge.

On a side note, I certainly can remember catching the 68 bus to South Croydon to visit relations..... The further south you went the further back in time you seemed to go.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 6:17 am
sarab40

sarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Can remember books and books of the bloody things. Never ever remember redeeming anything for them. My mother must have well and truly had glue tounge.

On a side note, I certainly can remember catching the 68 bus to South Croydon to visit relations..... The further south you went the further back in time you seemed to go.
I remember them...my mother used to sit us kids down in front of piles of stamps and get us licking and sticking them into books.......dont ever recall anything bought with the filled books though!!
When clearing through some of mums cupboards we came across a little strip of them curled up in the corner of the drawer.....brought all the memories of glue tongue right back to me!!!
Old Sep 27th 2010, 6:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I remember them well- and the glue tongue. Nanna used to save them up and one of my tasks when visiting was to lick and stick. I think they got an iron with one lot.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

sammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

My nan used to live in South Croydon and we lived in Selsdon. Where did you live?
Old Sep 27th 2010, 6:46 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammax
Do any of you ex Poms remember Greenshield Stamps? I remember queing up at the South Croydon showroom for our desired item, can't remember what it was though...
Remember them well, Dad used to collect them and cos he did a lot of driving for work we used to fill a fair few books. Woe betide me if I was sent out to buy something and came back without the stamps
I remember sticking them in the books too, and going with him to get stuff like irons or kettles with them.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 9:19 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

we saved them up and used them for our flight out here
Old Sep 27th 2010, 9:26 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy©
we saved them up and used them for our flight out here
I reckon you got your disabled buggy with them
Old Sep 27th 2010, 9:28 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
I reckon you got your disabled buggy with them
nah that was with the club coupons
Old Sep 27th 2010, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

PAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond repute

As a kid used to do the milk round to earn a bit of money, had to give out Co-op stamps, when collecting money
Old Sep 27th 2010, 9:34 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by PAP01
As a kid used to do the milk round to earn a bit of money, had to give out Co-op stamps, when collecting money
were they invented way back then?
Old Sep 27th 2010, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

billywetpants will become famous soon enough

Don't tell me , there gonna start doing them here.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 12:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billywetpants
Don't tell me , there gonna start doing them here.
They'd be a better deal than Flybuys
Old Sep 27th 2010, 12:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

My nan used to live in South Croydon and we lived in Selsdon. Where did you live?
Mostly... Hilly Leafy Forest Hill.... Handy (For Selhurst Park) South Norwood... Cosmopolitan (Ahem) Peckham..... So it was always quite a trip, I still dont feel right being out of site of "The Ariels" all these years later.

It's kinda weird how the whole place seemed a lot better to me as a memory than a reality whenever I visited subsequently. I really find that disconcerting.... I wonder if it was always really crap ?
Old Sep 27th 2010, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

I can't quite remember the logic behind this. But Mum paid for our weekly milk delivery with the stamps she earned. And I had to take them down to the local shop to pay for the milk each week.

And yes, I had to lick and stick the stamps too.

JTL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.