British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Greed is good! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/greed-good-690707/)

moneypenny20 Oct 23rd 2010 10:08 am

Greed is good!

So if you want to be given over GBP 250,000 per week you simply screw around with prostitutes, play crap football in the World Cup, be put on the subs bench for weeks and then say you want to leave the club. Watch the pounds roll in.

Makes me sick. I don't even care if he was the best player in the world, that amount of money is truly obscene.:frown:

sonlymewalter Oct 23rd 2010 10:20 am

Re: Greed is good!

Funny enough we just been talking about that and agree mate, mental amount and it's especially mad when you think how much the everday man has to pay to go watch these geezers earning their millions:sneaky:

Alfresco Oct 23rd 2010 10:25 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 8937331)
So if you want to be given over GBP 250,000 per week you simply screw around with prostitutes, play crap football in the World Cup, be put on the subs bench for weeks and then say you want to leave the club. Watch the pounds roll in.

Makes me sick. I don't even care if he was the best player in the world, that amount of money is truly obscene.:frown:

I agree, although I think the Spanish, Itis and many other nations would dispute the best player in the world theory. ;)

scottishcelts Oct 23rd 2010 10:37 am

Makes you sick to the stomach doesn't it. :thumbdown:

moneypenny20 Oct 23rd 2010 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Alfresco (Post 8937354)
I agree, although I think the Spanish, Itis and many other nations would dispute the best player in the world theory. ;)

I think everyone disputes the best player tag. He simply isn't.

Sherlock Holmes Oct 23rd 2010 1:25 pm

Even if he is the best player, he doesn't deserve that.

wilf70 Oct 23rd 2010 1:59 pm

Agree with alaistair--its an obscenity.:confused:

ponyrama Oct 23rd 2010 10:49 pm

No amount of money will change where he came from! He should spend some of it on that ugly fizzog of his and give us all a break!

Plus Eric would have given him a good kicking given half a chance!:thumbup:

verystormy Oct 24th 2010 12:28 am

Dont worry, the premiership will be bust soon. All the clubs are running up massive debts and havent got the income to continue it indefinatly. It will be funny to watch the implosion

Amazulu Oct 24th 2010 12:40 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 8937331)

It is obscene but football fans are mainly to blame. They slavishly and sheeplike buy the tickets and merchandise, read the newspapers who write about these guys and their WAGS, lap up all the media coverage etc. Football is now a billion $ industry basically created by the fans.

Football is the opiate of the masses in the UK and the fans have got a setup they created.

The Woodcutter Oct 24th 2010 12:46 am

I agree with the OP - $250k a week for kicking a ball about does appear obscene. However, a person's wages are determined by labour market forces, and if someone can manoeuvre themselves into a position whereby they can command such a salary then good luck to them.

ozzieeagle Oct 24th 2010 12:54 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 8938421)
It is obscene but football fans are mainly to blame. They slavishly and sheeplike buy the tickets and merchandise, read the newspapers who write about these guys and their WAGS, lap up all the media coverage etc. Football is now a billion $ industry basically created by the fans.

Football is the opiate of the masses in the UK and the fans have got a setup they created.

It's actually Skys TV's fault... but carry on :)

Hee Roy Dun, the typical Man Utd fan in the suburbs of Bjeing will have to start supporting Man City now.

It's got very little to do with the people that actually attend the games.

Wol Oct 24th 2010 2:13 am

Who is "He"? From the posts I imagine he is a footballer, cricketer or somesuch?

Edited 10 mins later - OK, I've just seen something in the Sunday Telegraph and I'm up to speed. I *have* heard of "him" although I didn't know what he played before today. Such, apparently, is fame...

Don_Angel Oct 24th 2010 3:07 am

He is known as Shrek in our house.

Carbery Oct 24th 2010 3:10 am

Originally Posted by Don_Angel (Post 8938580)
He is known as Shrek in our house.

When did he come round to your house:lol: