Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Greater Brisbane Bollocks

Greater Brisbane Bollocks

Old Apr 9th 2021, 11:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greater Brisbane Bollocks

Originally Posted by themerlin
The clots only seem to effect younger people (or more likely to), also over 50's more as risk.
Or could it be more noticeable when young people succumb? Remember European countries have older minimum ages of between fifty five and sixty as well.
Old Apr 9th 2021, 11:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
So AZ is still on the table for those they deem the risk v benefit category, the plus 50's, but they are going to work their butts off to secure the Pfizer instead of rushing those AZ's imports for the below 50's. Meanwhile they have increased the blood clotting to 4-6 per million people meanwhile happily dish out the oral contraceptive pill at a blood clotting ratio of 1 per 1000 people. ..... ah the politics and the media hype.
Oral contraceptive is a choice. Other methods of birth control are available. I would never recommend under usual circumstances women to take oral contraceptives. But this has been a well known risk factor for decades. Not hype. It's called holding to account. A job the media was once expected to do.

What one may more likely have expected is that the media would have pushed for compliance , as suited to business interests.

The Europeans should be applauded for disclosing potential dangers, not ignoring or covering up findings. One may assume if you had influence over the procedure it would not have came to light.
Old Apr 10th 2021, 1:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Oral contraceptive is a choice. Other methods of birth control are available. I would never recommend under usual circumstances women to take oral contraceptives. But this has been a well known risk factor for decades. Not hype. It's called holding to account. A job the media was once expected to do.

What one may more likely have expected is that the media would have pushed for compliance , as suited to business interests.

The Europeans should be applauded for disclosing potential dangers, not ignoring or covering up findings. One may assume if you had influence over the procedure it would not have came to light.
Unfortunately the covid vaccine is a choice too.
Old Apr 10th 2021, 3:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fortunately The Fed's almost got one through due to inattention(/and or apathy) due to eyes of the ball. There most certainly is a choice to which vaccine. Luckily forced into line by others who acted more promptly to safe guard population.
Old Apr 10th 2021, 11:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Why 'unfortunately"? There are valid reasons for not getting a vaccine (not just COVID) and it should never be made mandatory.
I'm a high risk when it comes to being vaccinated, and were it not for the fact that I would like to see the people I love again one day, I wouldn't touch it. I'm doing it solely so I can fly home.
Old Apr 11th 2021, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Why 'unfortunately"? There are valid reasons for not getting a vaccine (not just COVID) and it should never be made mandatory.
I'm a high risk when it comes to being vaccinated, and were it not for the fact that I would like to see the people I love again one day, I wouldn't touch it. I'm doing it solely so I can fly home.
High risk? Health reasons? Sure. That's a valid reason. Feeling hurt because your choice has been removed is not. Vaccines only work if a certain percentage of people are vaccinated and give diseases no where to go. This requires people to be in it together. We need to reserved those non vaxxed spots for those who cannot be vaxxed rather than those who feel like their choice is being removed.

You won't be able to fly anywhere until a certain proportion of the population are vaxxed. Both here and there. You are relying on everyone else. Not just yourself.
Old Apr 11th 2021, 10:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

High risk? Health reasons? Sure. That's a valid reason. Feeling hurt because your choice has been removed is not. Vaccines only work if a certain percentage of people are vaccinated and give diseases no where to go. This requires people to be in it together. We need to reserved those non vaxxed spots for those who cannot be vaxxed rather than those who feel like their choice is being removed.

You won't be able to fly anywhere until a certain proportion of the population are vaxxed. Both here and there. You are relying on everyone else. Not just yourself.
I thought it was you applauding the Swedish attempt at herd immunity. That was long before a vaccine was available? While a vaccine is obviously a way forward, not at any cost. Trials were somewhat rushed and longer term outcomes still not clearly defined. Whether the vaccine will be able to resist all types of the virus and/or mutations is highly debatable as well.
Old Apr 12th 2021, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by the troubadour
I thought it was you applauding the Swedish attempt at herd immunity. That was long before a vaccine was available? While a vaccine is obviously a way forward, not at any cost. Trials were somewhat rushed and longer term outcomes still not clearly defined. Whether the vaccine will be able to resist all types of the virus and/or mutations is highly debatable as well.
Sweden? Did I? How did this get into the conversation on vaccines?

The Australian trials took no short cuts and followed all processes as any other vaccine would.

As for mutations, vaccine administration needs to be rushed to minimise the mutations. Again you are relying on everyone else in locations that are more affected with Covid to do the heavy lifting for you. There is no me me me when it comes to vaccines. It's all in otherwise you are not playing your part.