Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is the grass greener?

Is the grass greener?

Old Jan 4th 2008, 1:46 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is the grass greener?

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Those pesky Johnny Foreigners clearly have different biology, it must be tricky trying to find a pulse ...

heh heh....

Going back to the original post, I'm afraid I have to agree with most of the replies on here. Bella71 lists lots of reasons why the UK is going downhill, and these appear to be the main reasons why she wants to move to Perth.

Problem is, Perth (or anywhere else in Oz) is not some kind of perfect utopia. It also has crime, building and "nasty immigrants" too. It might not be on the same scale as the UK, but it is there.

Bella71 - If you are serious about moving over here, I'd suggest at least a holiday/ reconnaissance trip first, before thinking about visas etc. Then do a tonne of research. Then another tonne. Moving back home to the UK after a year or so seems to be pretty common. Main reasons they give are 1)missing family & friends 2) bored 3) work/pay.

I watched episodes 1&2 of "wanted down under" this morning..... I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that many of those who have moved to Oz & then returned home, were tempted a little by the Oz they saw on offer on this show.

Slightly off-topic....but I do find it amusing that someone would criticise immigrants (illegal or otherwise) who have moved to the UK for a better lifestyle, and then want to move elsewhere for exactly the same reason....
Old Jan 4th 2008, 1:53 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by curly
I find they are really keen to find where exactly you're from in the UK
Yeah and do you know their mate who moved over to the UK 5 years ago! ...
Old Jan 4th 2008, 1:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Yeah and do you know their mate who moved over to the UK 5 years ago! ...
BTW off topic but had txt off Kath she was up at 3 am couldn't sleep, and is shopping at Robina now!
Old Jan 4th 2008, 1:56 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by markallwood
heh heh....

Going back to the original post, I'm afraid I have to agree with most of the replies on here. Bella71 lists lots of reasons why the UK is going downhill, and these appear to be the main reasons why she wants to move to Perth.

Problem is, Perth (or anywhere else in Oz) is not some kind of perfect utopia. It also has crime, building and "nasty immigrants" too. It might not be on the same scale as the UK, but it is there.

Bella71 - If you are serious about moving over here, I'd suggest at least a holiday/ reconnaissance trip first, before thinking about visas etc. Then do a tonne of research. Then another tonne. Moving back home to the UK after a year or so seems to be pretty common. Main reasons they give are 1)missing family & friends 2) bored 3) work/pay.

I watched episodes 1&2 of "wanted down under" this morning..... I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that many of those who have moved to Oz & then returned home, were tempted a little by the Oz they saw on offer on this show.

Slightly off-topic....but I do find it amusing that someone would criticise immigrants (illegal or otherwise) who have moved to the UK for a better lifestyle, and then want to move elsewhere for exactly the same reason....
You're not wrong, you're not wrong ... just realised the abusive PM was from a known bunny boiler anyway so they aren't even who/where they say they are anyway ... takes all sorts ...
Old Jan 4th 2008, 1:57 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by curly
BTW off topic but had txt off Kath she was up at 3 am couldn't sleep, and is shopping at Robina now!
YAY! ...

Well, yay to her here, not that she can't sleep.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 1:57 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

You're not wrong, you're not wrong ... just realised the abusive PM was from a known bunny boiler anyway so they aren't even who/where they say they are anyway ... takes all sorts ...
interesting, very interesting.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by northernbird
interesting, very interesting.
Thought you might pick up on a common thread here
Old Jan 4th 2008, 2:00 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Thought you might pick up on a common thread here
you will just have to send me some karma now and let me know who it is
Old Jan 4th 2008, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Is the grass greener...?

Don't know man...can't tell when I'm smokin' it
Old Jan 4th 2008, 2:16 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Abuse by email, pm or karma is not wanted or permitted on BE, any more than abuse on the open forum is. If anyone receives any please let one of the Mods or Sue know about it, and if possible forward it to us. Persistent abuse of BE's members by these methods can lead to a ban.

Whoever is doing it, cut it out.

=========================

And now back on topic please
Old Jan 4th 2008, 2:19 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Abuse by email, pm or karma is not wanted or permitted on BE, any more than abuse on the open forum is. If anyone receives any please let one of the Mods or Sue know about it, and if possible forward it to us. Persistent abuse of BE's members by these methods can lead to a ban.

Whoever is doing it, cut it out.

=========================

And now back on topic please
polly,i am be stalked by lots of lady members on here,,,who should i report it to,....
Old Jan 4th 2008, 2:21 am
KLF
What Time is Love

KLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to behold

Is this the alledged bunny boiler you are on about or someone else?
Old Jan 4th 2008, 2:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Well - i kinda look at things a lot different thesedays - and my grass is deffo greener thanks.
Best decision ever made for my family and myself.

But then I no longer go out of my way to look for negatives.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by KLF
Is this the alledged bunny boiler you are on about or someone else?
Not at liberty to say but I get worse from the wife on a nightly basis Mr Mu Mu

Last edited by Vim Fuego; Jan 4th 2008 at 2:37 am. Reason: anal typo :)
Old Jan 4th 2008, 2:28 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by aston man
polly,i am be stalked by lots of lady members on here,,,who should i report it to,....
I think you'll find you've got the and the all muddled up mate ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.