Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

grammer and spelling police

Wikiposts
View Poll Results: i wonder why people think there entitled to be the grammar police
just trolling nothing better to do
22.73%
sh!t i need to get my post count up
18.18%
i wont to look important and clever (said in Neal from the young ones voice)
59.09%
DOH.... i know fluk all about what his saying
0%
DOH... i didnt read all the thread
0%
really really really wonts to be admin and trying to look good
0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

grammer and spelling police

Old Jan 21st 2011, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: grammar and spelling police

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Consecutive Flashers - I like it

(Am I the drunk or the fatty?)
You can be drunk and I'll be fatty. I'll pick up some Fray Bentos pies to beef up.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 3:44 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Your parent's what?
I was gonna say that...but it should be parents' anyway! Can I have the badge now?
Old Jan 21st 2011, 3:44 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseR
You can be drunk and I'll be fatty. I'll pick up some Fray Bentos pies to beef up.
I already qualified for the fatty bit - at least now I have an excuse to open a bottle of wine
Old Jan 21st 2011, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
I was gonna say that...but it should be parents' anyway! Can I have the badge now?
It's mine and Dreamy's, so no!
Old Jan 21st 2011, 3:46 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld

No, you just want to be a flasher too.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

No, you just want to be a flasher too.
He's not even wearing clothes in his pic... the flasher!
Old Jan 21st 2011, 3:49 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseR
He's not even wearing clothes in his pic... the flasher!
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 12:22 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: grammer and spelling police

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Its all about formatting. Normally the filter would get it, the Mods don't do the **** , they are automatic.

And don't worry, I already know I'm ****in useless, my boss keeps pointing it out to me
Apologies to all. Circumstances demanded the "full swear" for maximum effect. It will almost definitely never happen again.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 1:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
Apologies to all. Circumstances demanded the "full swear" for maximum effect. It will almost definitely never happen again.
I'll forgive you
Old Jan 24th 2011, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kmthor
now here were "you" people piss other people off imo.. you started the post of great but now you are assuming the poster is stupid and uneducated.. how do you know this? and what gives you the right to pull somebody up on a public forum about spelling on a thread that has nothing to do with spelling. should i then assume you are a rude, ill mannered spoiled brat???
I didn't say they are stupid. I said "proud of the fact they appear stupid". If someone is just mashing the keyboard, they appear stupid. Someone who states "I dunno nuffin, lol", appears to be proud of their lack of education.
if you hear two people talking on a train and there pronunciation isn't to your liking do your correct that person.. i would guess not
If someone was speaking to me in a group (and that's what a forum is an on-line version of) and was using "pacific" and "haitch" I would pick them up on it, as they would appear stupid.
lol condescending BS amazing stuff... out of interest what do hope to prove here... HA HA HA he got it wrong
No, I would hope the person would realise they made a mistake.
Then the person would realise that it makes understanding them difficult, meaning that their point/question might not be understood.
They would then follow on to assume the easier they made themselves more easily understood, the more likely people would be to offer assistance.

I have no problem with the occasional typo, or the occasional rogue apostrophe. What I do have an issue with is people who appear to use their forehead to type and don't care.

I am an awful speller. I *just* passed my highschool English with a lot of hard work and assistance from tutors. I therefore think, if I can spend an extra few seconds checking my posts to make sure they are readable and I've got my point across, why can't others?
The worst offence for me is lack of sentences/paragraphs. If I open a thread and the first post is a whole page of text, with no breaks. I just close it again.

I (and many others) just don't reply to questions where I can't understand the post. Therefore the poster is missing out on valuable (to them) information which they would have recieved if they'd posted properly.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 3:34 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

some people have to watch everything they write and spell for a living. On here we're not paid to write or spell correctly so why bother.I say nick off to anyone who thinks they are more edumacated cos of it

yous is the stupid one for spening time doing it write - innit
Old Jan 24th 2011, 11:31 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
some people have to watch everything they write and spell for a living. On here we're not paid to write or spell correctly so why bother.I say nick off to anyone who thinks they are more edumacated cos of it

You should use the spell checker.
It's ejaculated.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 11:47 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter

Old Jan 24th 2011, 11:51 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
You should use the spell checker.
It's ejaculated.
The spellchecker has ejaculated? Get the cleaners in quick
Old Jan 24th 2011, 2:21 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

i for one cant spell for shit and my grammars as bad i don't give a shit, it dosnt upset me or affect how i walk ,talk, sleep and eat, it certainly hasn't stopped me making money... yet it seems to piss other people off more than me. why is that????
Probably because it makes you come across as a bit of a numpty?