Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

grammer and spelling police

View Poll Results: i wonder why people think there entitled to be the grammar police
just trolling nothing better to do
22.73%
sh!t i need to get my post count up
18.18%
i wont to look important and clever (said in Neal from the young ones voice)
59.09%
DOH.... i know fluk all about what his saying
0%
DOH... i didnt read all the thread
0%
really really really wonts to be admin and trying to look good
0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

grammer and spelling police

Old Jan 21st 2011, 8:32 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: grammer and spelling police

Originally Posted by stevenglish
We aint at school though, is we??
Init?!
Old Jan 21st 2011, 8:35 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Init?!
Quit dissin me man
Old Jan 21st 2011, 8:37 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish
Quit dissin me man
Ayeeeeeeeee lol
Old Jan 21st 2011, 8:38 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kmthor
It seems this really upsets some people, what id like to know is why they do it. do these people not use text messaging??

i for one cant spell for shit and my grammars as bad i don't give a shit, it dosnt upset me or affect how i walk ,talk, sleep and eat, it certainly hasn't stopped me making money... yet it seems to piss other people off more than me. why is that????

the strange thing is in 99.9% of the time the person doing the policing knows what you mean and has understood it. as im sure most people here have left school i would have thought it obvius that the inner teacher in us is probably severed better elsewhere

anyway for a laugh thought id do a poll and id love to hear feed back
You forgot one option.

- It's a great put down for people who try to big themselves up as being more intelligent than others but can't write for toffee.

I think it's time you accepted you got caught patronising but failed in the execution.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 9:29 pm
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future

Where is the "Thinks it is important, and wishes people would actually care about being understood" option?
yer i understand that. That is great if thats how you operate

What's wrong with actually spelling correctly?
absolutely nothing wrong with it

To me, people who don't spend time on their spelling and grammar seem to be proud of the fact they appear stupid. I don't get it. Why is being uneducated something to be proud of
now here were "you" people piss other people off imo.. you started the post of great but now you are assuming the poster is stupid and uneducated.. how do you know this? and what gives you the right to pull somebody up on a public forum about spelling on a thread that has nothing to do with spelling. should i then assume you are a rude, ill mannered spoiled brat???

if you hear two people talking on a train and there pronunciation isn't to your liking do your correct that person.. i would guess not

(Don't reply "I'm dyslexic", as you are sat infront of a computer which has tools to help you!)

Spelling and Grammar helps :-

"i helped my uncle jack off a horse"

What does the above line mean?
lol condescending BS amazing stuff... out of interest what do hope to prove here... HA HA HA he got it wrong
Old Jan 21st 2011, 9:39 pm
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future

You forgot one option.

- It's a great put down for people who try to big themselves up as being more intelligent than others but can't write for toffee.
my vote is still with the pig one sorry

I think it's time you accepted you got caught patronising but failed in the execution.
if your refering to my first post on the anti American thread ... then you very much mistaken i was patronising nobody just stating facts and i stand buy every word (spelt right or wrong)
Old Jan 21st 2011, 9:43 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kmthor
my vote is still with the pig one sorry

if your refering to my first post on the anti American thread ... then you very much mistaken i was patronising nobody just stating facts and i stand buy every word (spelt right or wrong)
I'm referring to the one which started your crusade. Whether it was the first or not I don't care and I'm not going back to check.

However it was arrogant and patronising. Although I don't condone Grammar Nazism, I detest "Holier than thou" and it is fair game for the Nazis.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 9:44 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

For the most part I never comment on people's grammar as long as I can read and more or less understand what they're talking about.

I will however correct someone's grammar if they've been busy telling off another poster and their own message has a mistake in it. If you're going to start correcting someone then you're own grammar had better be perfect.

Also, I should note that there are plenty of highly educated people that don't have the greatest grammar. Engineers are one group that comes to mind. I'm not speaking of all engineers mind you but I'm married to one so I know what his grammar is like!
Old Jan 21st 2011, 9:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by comet555
For the most part I never comment on people's grammar as long as I can read and more or less understand what they're talking about.

I will however correct someone's grammar if they've been busy telling off another poster and their own message has a mistake in it. If you're going to start correcting someone then you're own grammar had better be perfect.

Also, I should note that there are plenty of highly educated people that don't have the greatest grammar. Engineers are one group that comes to mind. I'm not speaking of all engineers mind you but I'm married to one so I know what his grammar is like!
+1
Old Jan 21st 2011, 9:51 pm
Banned

+2

Engineers are one group that comes to mind
funny that
Old Jan 21st 2011, 9:56 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

It's Neil not Neal.

Just saying.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:32 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DeadVim
It's Neil not Neal.

Just saying.

Here, you can have my badge.
Attached Thumbnails grammer and spelling police-grammar-police.png  
Old Jan 21st 2011, 11:08 pm
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 22nd 2011, 12:08 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Here, you can have my badge.
I'll wear it with a mixture of pride and shame.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Missed one from the poll...

An attempt to drag the other person down and appear superior.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.