Grafitti

Old Aug 27th 2008, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

Cheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to all
Default Grafitti

I overheard a chap on the train the other day say:
'Graffitti is a clear sign of sick soceity'

After that, it got me thinking how much graffitti there is in Brisbane. What shocked me is that there is a lot of graffitti on private property ie on somones gate, garage or side fence.

I could be mistaken but I really don't recall seeing this type of graffitti in and around where we lived in the UK and on my travels up and down the UK. Sure there was masses of graffitti but mostly in inner city areas, not much in the suburbs and then only in pretty public places such as parks etc.

Most of the teens, kids I have come into contact with or overheard have been way more pleasant than those in the UK, so I wonder whether these kids have an alter ego. Just who are these sick individuals?
Old Aug 28th 2008, 12:53 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grafitti

I think that kids all over the world between 5 and 25 like to paint on other people's things... I don't think that this means that they are sick in any way.

Personally I can't stand grafitti, I think it's pretty sad, a bit like trainspotting really.

Over here they are very precious about the inner city areas... I reckon they come down hard on kids who are caught spraypainting in the nice clean CBD. That's why you see the spraypaint on people's garden walls and garages instead...they aren't in a position to punish the kids.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 12:59 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markallwood
That's why you see the spraypaint on people's garden walls and garages instead...they aren't in a position to punish the kids.
Believe me, if I caught them spraying my property they would be severely punished. Followed by me being severely punished by the police.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 1:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheshire Karen

After that, it got me thinking how much graffitti there is in Brisbane. What shocked me is that there is a lot of graffitti on private property ie on somones gate, garage or side fence.

I could be mistaken but I really don't recall seeing this type of graffitti in and around where we lived in the UK and on my travels up and down the UK. Sure there was masses of graffitti but mostly in inner city areas, not much in the suburbs and then only in pretty public places such as parks etc.

Most of the teens, kids I have come into contact with or overheard have been way more pleasant than those in the UK, so I wonder whether these kids have an alter ego. Just who are these sick individuals?
Personally, see hardly any around where I live; none in the parks, shopping centres, bus stops, public toilets etc. See a huge amount along the train lines though; backs of buildings etc.

Agreed, kids on the whole are a lot more pleasant, apart from those with the little propellor thing on their caps, they're knobs, but that's probably just a personal thing.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

Cheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to all

Just seems to have been a bit of a spurt recently around here, but interesting comment re: how proud aussies are of the city centre. Most people we speak to think its great to be near the city, suppose its the same back home but I'd prefer to live further out. Mind you I'm a suburban Manc. so that might explain a lot.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 2:06 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

I quite enjoy looking at the grafitti on my way into the city on the train. Not that I condone it. And I especially don't condone crap grafitti - that's just a waste of space
j
Old Aug 28th 2008, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

I was on Eastlink yesterday and graffiti was on one of the walls and it looked awful. They risk their lives too where they paint.

It comes in waves around where I live none for ages then a lot of it and we are our lots stage at the moment. Best way to prevent them put a rose on your fence or wall.

Letterboxes are favourite here. We have lost ours twice in twenty years but we just stuck up a plastic bin no fun in destroying that. After a while we got a new one. No-one can see them do it as we are on large blocks and away from the road.

Problem is there is an age between 15 - 18 when there is no entertainment for kids not in sport or they have parents who don't care where they are and just hand over cash.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 2:41 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cheshire Karen

there alot of graffiti her in perth the little buggers also enjoy smashing school windows my daughters school get targeted every couple of weeks little shits its the world over though.

I remember writing my full name all over a busstop when i was younger my mum seen it sent me down with a bucket and sponge to clean it up embarrassing, worked though never did it again!!
Old Aug 28th 2008, 2:54 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

You can hardly condone a whole society by the acts of a few.

Human nature means some humans do stupid things and grafitti is one of them.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 5:13 am
SNH
BE Enthusiast

SNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud of

We have some commissioned graffiti in Canberra.

And one of our idiotic Opposition politicians decided he would make a point about the 'failure of the Labor Party to deal with social issues'.

So he called the media and got them to come and film and photograph him scrubbing the graffiti away.

Of course he didn't bother to find out that it was a commissioned art work.

And now he is in trouble with the police for damaging public property.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:40 am
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

I think graffitti can be great i.e. Banksy type stuff. Doesn't really harm any one, isn't particularly offensive.

Whereas tagging is just vandalism.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kez81
I remember writing my full name all over a busstop when i was younger my mum seen it sent me down with a bucket and sponge to clean it up embarrassing, worked though never did it again!!
We lived on one of those mock tudor style estates (white paint and beams on upper part of house) when i was a teen and my brother in his wisdom decided to "tag" in big spray painted letters on the side of next door's house ... on the white bit!

Not the most effective strategy for strengthening neighbourly relationships
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:45 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

The acid test of your attitude is whether you would be pleased to find your car grafittied overnight with artistic tags in permanent paints.

I wouldn't.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

I've noticed a considerable increase of tagging in and around Brisbane over the past few months

I'd like to catch one of these pathetic wannabe gang members in the act but unfortunately, they only seem to operate during the night.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 1:34 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

There's some old rivalry between our town and a very similar one 15 minutes down the coast. The kid's from each town drive over, tag the surf club and skate parks in the respective towns and then go home. But that's about it.

I quite like this graffiti, which you can find in Bristol, UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.