Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Got up at 5am for nothing.....

Wikiposts

Got up at 5am for nothing.....

Old Feb 27th 2006, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got up at 5am for nothing.....

strewth mate thats not good.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 7:41 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulf
F******g Nora!!!! wheres that plumbing licence ffs!!! I cant go back to doing real work for a living.
Mate I still haven't heard from the plumbing commision about the practical exam.

I met a scottish plumber at my house buils the other day and he said he had to do 6 months college and let me tell you he's a lot more qualified than me and he said he can't earn a decent living and thought I was probably getting paid more at $21 an hour.

He also said the commision were no help at all, but this I already knew.

They've got it good and can ppick their jobs it's a sellers market they don't want it becoming a buyers one, hence the skills shortage IMO.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 7:52 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Just spoke to the agent who says they didn't contact her, nothing else for me today and I was hoping to get some of the $250 back that I spent on tyres yesterday.

Stick with it and it'll all come good. I'm amazed at you and yours how you keep on going. Really admire you guys.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Feb 27th 2006, 7:57 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stitch
Stick with it and it'll all come good. I'm amazed at you and yours how you keep on going. Really admire you guys.

Cheers

Ginny
Nah it's not that bad, it may take a few years but once we are both working with no mortgage we should be quite comfortable and be able to afford to live the dream.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:00 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Mate I still haven't heard from the plumbing commision about the practical exam.

I met a scottish plumber at my house buils the other day and he said he had to do 6 months college and let me tell you he's a lot more qualified than me and he said he can't earn a decent living and thought I was probably getting paid more at $21 an hour.

He also said the commision were no help at all, but this I already knew.

They've got it good and can ppick their jobs it's a sellers market they don't want it becoming a buyers one, hence the skills shortage IMO.
Bloody hell!, I am gonna head over to QLD in the next few weeks and the first stop will be the plumb shop for registration.
How did that welsh bloke get that nice posties job? I still fancy that moped on the pavement touch You should put your name down with the postal service too
Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by paulf
Bloody hell!, I am gonna head over to QLD in the next few weeks and the first stop will be the plumb shop for registration.
How did that welsh bloke get that nice posties job? I still fancy that moped on the pavement touch You should put your name down with the postal service too
I've never rid a bike and frankly don't trust myself on one :scared:

I used to be a postie in London about 17 years ago
Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:23 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Nah it's not that bad, it may take a few years but once we are both working with no mortgage we should be quite comfortable and be able to afford to live the dream.

Hey when you're mortgage free remember us poor sods!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:38 am

Cheers

Ginny
We will be in four months but also skint.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

The agency phoned me yesterday and offered me a 6am start I had the usual anxious nights tossing and turning due to the likely lack of sleep, got up had a coffee left the house at 5.40 am only to be told on arrival that he'd cancelled and the agency hadn't told me
How absolutely frustrating for you love!
Old Feb 27th 2006, 9:16 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Cheers

Ginny
Old Feb 27th 2006, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Awww Fraser, I hope things pick up for you soon honey

love to ya

Lace xxx
Old Feb 27th 2006, 10:09 am

I just went back out to the car to bring my work stuff in and Bobby who I was talking to ten minutes ago thinks I've just come in from work and ran up to me arms wide
Old Feb 27th 2006, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I just went back out to the car to bring my work stuff in and Bobby who I was talking to ten minutes ago thinks I've just come in from work and ran up to me arms wide

Oh bless him
Old Feb 27th 2006, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

It's the first time to be fair, but also the first time I've been asked to start so early, Rachel has got up with me and made me coffee and samwidches and then gone back to bed.

She said I frightened her half to death when I came back and knocked on the door

Fraser - I just love reading your posts! You never fail to amaze - you should write a book. It would definitely bring a smile to my face but sad to say at your expense, but I have to admire the way you just soldier on.

Incidentally, isn't about time you were given your own key :

"when I came back and knocked on the door"

Best wishes
Netta
Old Feb 27th 2006, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by JohnAndNetta
Incidentally, isn't about time you were given your own key :
Don't really need one as we only have one car and everywhere's too far to walk so if I go out Rachel's always at home with the kids.

Landlord only gave us one set

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.