Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

got some mince......

Wikiposts

got some mince......

Old Jul 6th 2011, 2:15 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: got some mince......

Originally Posted by paulry
Chicken mince is messy to work with. I tried making chicken meatballs with it once and had to add loads and loads of breadcrumbs to stop it becoming a runny mess.
I never have any problems with the stuff I buy from Woolworths. I sit it in a sieve for a little while and drain it and the spices I add probably soak up a little of the fluid. I don't add breadcrumbs to my burgers, I don't like the texture it gives. I flour them and put them in the fridge for a while before frying them.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 2:22 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I'll scan the recipe and post it later, it's become the family favourite ... I cook double the recommended ingredients 'cos I like it to last and it improves overnight
It sounds yummy! I already do a meatloaf in my menu of 101 milion ways to cook mince so I can pretend we eat a varied diet .... and now I can add a variance to the meatloaf - woo hoo!
Old Jul 6th 2011, 2:24 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I never have any problems with the stuff I buy from Woolworths. I sit it in a sieve for a little while and drain it and the spices I add probably soak up a little of the fluid. I don't add breadcrumbs to my burgers, I don't like the texture it gives. I flour them and put them in the fridge for a while before frying them.
Will definately try that. Flouring instead of breadcrumbing sounds like a good idea too. For homemade burgers I once tried reducing the breadcrumbs and replacing the difference with oats. That worked pretty well
Old Jul 7th 2011, 5:20 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
It sounds yummy! I already do a meatloaf in my menu of 101 milion ways to cook mince so I can pretend we eat a varied diet .... and now I can add a variance to the meatloaf - woo hoo!
Recipe attached, I recommend doubling the egg portion of it

Got some turkey mince today, no idea what to do with that but it will be an adventure ...
Attached Thumbnails got some mince......-recipe.jpg  
Old Jul 7th 2011, 8:45 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the recipe Margaret

Sounds lovely and I'll be giving it a whirl for sure!
Old Jul 7th 2011, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
fry it with some chinese spices, wrap it in LETTUCE!!!
We do that one a fair bit but more in a thai style, very quick and easy to prepare, great on a summers evening with a cold beer.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Stuffed chicken breast wrapped in bacon served with potato bake and veg for us tonight - hubby's cooking (he always does tho, he's the chef!)

BUT I am going to try that meatloaf recipe - sounds delicious AND I GOT TICKETS FOR MEATLOAF IN BRISBANE

Lynn xx
Old Jul 8th 2011, 3:29 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
Thanks for the recipe Margaret

Sounds lovely and I'll be giving it a whirl for sure!
No worries, and don't skimp on the glaze, it's bad for you

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Stuffed chicken breast wrapped in bacon served with potato bake and veg for us tonight - hubby's cooking (he always does tho, he's the chef!)

BUT I am going to try that meatloaf recipe - sounds delicious AND I GOT TICKETS FOR MEATLOAF IN BRISBANE

Lynn xx
The meatloaf only has one disadvantage, it comes out looking like it goes in