Wikiposts

Got me a job !

Old Nov 14th 2006, 8:33 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Got me a job !

Well as the title says...........I've been offered a job . They are keeping the job for me until Feb (when the kids go back to school).
BUT...........I feel bad because I'm going to apply for another post.
A post has been advertised in the area I worked in for the last 7 years and looks right up my street - its a new service and they won't need me to start until Feb time either.
I don't want to let them know incase they withdraw the offer, in any case I may not get the new job. I ought to be honest but my deviant nature gets the better of me
Guilt is a dreadful thing
Old Nov 14th 2006, 8:39 pm
Account Closed

sassycat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Got me a job !

Originally Posted by sme
Well as the title says...........I've been offered a job . They are keeping the job for me until Feb (when the kids go back to school).
BUT...........I feel bad because I'm going to apply for another post.
A post has been advertised in the area I worked in for the last 7 years and looks right up my street - its a new service and they won't need me to start until Feb time either.
I don't want to let them know incase they withdraw the offer, in any case I may not get the new job. I ought to be honest but my deviant nature gets the better of me
Guilt is a dreadful thing
How would you know what guilt is????????????

Congrats on the job tho hun

Go for them both - it would be rude not too
Old Nov 14th 2006, 8:43 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassycat
How would you know what guilt is????????????

Congrats on the job tho hun

Go for them both - it would be rude not too
I'm glad I can rely on you to make me feel all better
Old Nov 14th 2006, 8:49 pm
Account Closed

sassycat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sme
I'm glad I can rely on you to make me feel all better

Yep thats what friends are for

Glad to be of assistance

No but honestly - you have to go for them both - you have to live your job day in day out and its got to be right (is that better)
Old Nov 14th 2006, 8:50 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

I'd wait until you've got a definate offer for the new job and then tell the other company you don't want it.
I'm sure they would be able to find someone by Feb.
Good luck,
Tracey
PS what's it doing?
Old Nov 14th 2006, 9:32 pm
sme
......in the sand !

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
what's it doing?
The one I've been offered is sort of an Oz version of NHS direct but in Mental Health, the other is in a Mother and Baby Mental health unit (which is the field I worked in the UK for the past 7 years)
Old Nov 14th 2006, 9:42 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sme
The one I've been offered is sort of an Oz version of NHS direct but in Mental Health, the other is in a Mother and Baby Mental health unit (which is the field I worked in the UK for the past 7 years)
Well done!

Go for what you're interested in, but don't be afraid to have a change either. The challenge could be worth it.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 11:48 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
Got offered a similar job a few months back, like NHS direct but eventually working from home. Didn't take it cos they wanted mainly evening / nights and I could just see myself asking them to hang on whilst I got my kids dinner ready!
Good luck anyway with whatever you decide.
Tracey