Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Got an interview tomorrow!!

Wikiposts

Got an interview tomorrow!!

Old Jun 19th 2006, 10:14 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Got an interview tomorrow!!

Right I have a job interview tomorrow & I'm hopeless at interviews so any pointers would be great.

Whenever I have questions lined up to ask, they always seem to answer them all for me during the interview...so when they get to the 'do you have any questions' bit, I sit there blushing and farting...well not literally you understand but not knowing what to say

So if any of you can give me any help so I can nail it, I'll karma you to death
Old Jun 19th 2006, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got an interview tomorrow!!

Originally Posted by artep
Right I have a job interview tomorrow & I'm hopeless at interviews so any pointers would be great.

Whenever I have questions lined up to ask, they always seem to answer them all for me during the interview...so when they get to the 'do you have any questions' bit, I sit there blushing and farting...well not literally you understand but not knowing what to say

I know what you mean, it's hard isn't it? sorry no help unless you're working in child care!!!!!
I'll send you some good luck K though.
Deb
Old Jun 19th 2006, 10:18 pm
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Artep, Cant give you any help as I am the worlds worst in interviews but I just wanted to wish you lots of luck. I will send you some Karma
Julie
Old Jun 19th 2006, 10:20 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DebraH
I know what you mean, it's hard isn't it? sorry no help unless you're working in child care!!!!!
I'll send you some good luck K though.
Deb
Cheers Deb! No not childcare...it's just an admin job....god help me if they want to do a typing test though :scared:
Old Jun 19th 2006, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Deb! No not childcare...it's just an admin job....god help me if they want to do a typing test though :scared:
you can always use 2 fingers, my OH types faster than me using that method
Old Jun 19th 2006, 10:22 pm
....is FAB

Originally Posted by DebraH
you can always use 2 fingers, my OH types faster than me using that method
I can touch type....just not very fast!!!
Old Jun 19th 2006, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

I can touch type....just not very fast!!!
i'm rubbish that's why there's always lots of mistakes in my posts
Old Jun 19th 2006, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

You could always be a kiss-a e and ask some of these:

What do they feel are the best reasons for working for this company?
Where they see the company heading in the next 12 months/next 5 years?
Are people actively encouraged to use their initiative?
What are the possibilities for promotion?
What is the company's training policy?
What is the company's procedure re annual reviews etc

I tend to write any questions on a small card so that I don't have a brain-dead moment when that question comes. It also looks as thought you've actually put some thought into the whole interview process.

Also, have a look and see if the company has a website and see if that chucks up any questions you want answered. Your next question could always be "I wanted to look at your website but despite an extensive Google I couldn't find it. Have you considered putting yourselves on the Web?"
Old Jun 19th 2006, 11:28 pm
....is FAB

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere

I tend to write any questions on a small card so that I don't have a brain-dead moment when that question comes. It also looks as thought you've actually put some thought into the whole interview process.

Also, have a look and see if the company has a website and see if that chucks up any questions you want answered. Your next question could always be "I wanted to look at your website but despite an extensive Google I couldn't find it. Have you considered putting yourselves on the Web?"
I've tried looking at their website but its 'under construction' doh!

But hey thanks for that...there's some good questions there. Right I'm ready....BRING IT ON!!!
Old Jun 19th 2006, 11:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere

Or you could always do what one girl in our place said last week "Don't know anything about the company and didn't bother to find out" - she currently works 10 feet from the office where she was trying to get the job, and whats more she got the job...even after admitting she knew nothing!
Old Jun 19th 2006, 11:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Or you could always do what one girl in our place said last week "Don't know anything about the company and didn't bother to find out" - she currently works 10 feet from the office where she was trying to get the job, and whats more she got the job...even after admitting she knew nothing!

Yeah, some people have all the luck!!!!! Or very short skirts!!!!!!
Old Jun 19th 2006, 11:33 pm
....is FAB

you have to be bloody joking

how's things with you Poll??? you got some work sorted?
Old Jun 19th 2006, 11:41 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

you have to be bloody joking

how's things with you Poll??? you got some work sorted?
Not joking - she's a mate of mine, & she's cute, petite and blonde........
Working temporary again for a couple of months, something better possibly in the pipeline - not the permanent job cos I'm not cute, petite and blonde but its better than nowt. Hoping for something better soon......

Good luck for tomorrow - just remember, don't give the "right" answers, give the answers they want to hear
Old Jun 19th 2006, 11:49 pm
....is FAB

Not joking - she's a mate of mine, & she's cute, petite and blonde........
Working temporary again for a couple of months, something better possibly in the pipeline - not the permanent job cos I'm not cute, petite and blonde but its better than nowt. Hoping for something better soon......

Good luck for tomorrow - just remember, don't give the "right" answers, give the answers they want to hear
It's a fact of life but still a crime that people are hired & fired because of how attractive they are

I know someone who does the hiring at a very large local establishment who says he looks firstly at people's photos on their cv's and decides from that if they get any further.....ability seems to count absolutely nothing

Not sure how I'm going to fare tomorrow as I'm no dollybird...I'm no gronk but def not a dollybird...

Glad you've got something sorted tho...fingers crossed for you getting something you're happier with and PERMANENT!
Old Jun 19th 2006, 11:55 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Imagine them all naked. I always do that. Everywhere. Everyday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.