Gold Coast violence

Old May 31st 2011, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

kendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nice
Default Gold Coast violence

Blimey - did we do the right thing moving here? How many armed robberies in the last few weeks - quite scary really -
Old May 31st 2011, 10:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gold Coast violence

Originally Posted by kendalanita
Blimey - did we do the right thing moving here? How many armed robberies in the last few weeks - quite scary really -
It is and it's 'seemingly' out of control but for the vast majority of residents it's irrelevant to their (our) lives.
Old May 31st 2011, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

I am from the North West of the UK where gun and knife crime is so common it often goes unreported on the news. The crimes here are making the news because they are out of the ordinary (thankfully).

I feel very safe living on the Goldie and certainly do not regret the move that we made.
Old May 31st 2011, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

CrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RenShen
I am from the North West of the UK where gun and knife crime is so common it often goes unreported on the news.
How do you know about it then? Do you have spidey sense?

Conversely, how do you know there isn't a lot of unreported crime in your location? Is it the spidey sense again?

Last edited by CrunchieFrog; May 31st 2011 at 12:28 pm.
Old May 31st 2011, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

And how exactly do you stop/prevent someone from deciding to walk into a shop with a knife/gun/syringe etc???

Stu
Old May 31st 2011, 10:48 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RenShen
I am from the North West of the UK where gun and knife crime is so common it often goes unreported on the news. The crimes here are making the news because they are out of the ordinary (thankfully).

I feel very safe living on the Goldie and certainly do not regret the move that we made.
Of course
Old Jun 1st 2011, 12:28 am
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Of course
When are the police gonna admit they have serious problems on the Goldie.

Saw that idiot Condon on the news last night, denying theres any issues....talk about burying your head in the sand....

How many have to die before something is done.....
Old Jun 1st 2011, 12:33 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 4500 Times

Saw that idiot Condon on the news last night, denying theres any issues....talk about burying your head in the sand....

Until it's worthy of a dramatised version in a TV Series that in no way whatsoever glamourises the whole thing?

I agree that it is getting bad even compared to a few years ago, I don't care how it compares to Middle Wallop or whereever.

Maybe the plod are too busying booking jaywalkers or sitting on the M1 with their speed guns?
Old Jun 1st 2011, 12:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure of the exact quote, or the statistics behind it, but it went along the lines of, either the Coomera police station itself (where I believe S con Leeder was based), or the Gold Coast as a whole, has more serious incidents in 24 hours than the rest of Queensland put together.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 12:34 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect that there is a battle going on between the vested interests...ie. the need to maintain the 'holiday' fun image of the place as opposed to the reality.

The Gold Coast has had serious drug, crime and violence problems for years and it is not getting any better.

Best cover it up in case it scares the tourists
Old Jun 1st 2011, 12:38 am

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Until it's worthy of a dramatised version in a TV Series that in no way whatsoever glamourises the whole thing?

I agree that it is getting bad even compared to a few years ago, I don't care how it compares to Middle Wallop or whereever.

Maybe the plod are too busying booking jaywalkers or sitting on the M1 with their speed guns?

That is so true...you know in a few years we'll be watching some Underbelly series glorifying these shocking crimes.......

If i was Condon i would be shipping in cops left ,right and centre until this crime spree is knocked on the head....stop playing politics and start policing.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

Pommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nice

Ive lived in Brisbane 40 years from uk. Ive never heard of so many armed hold ups and Robberies till now. Its got so bad and out of control what with unemployment and all the down and outs on Drugs.

Watched the news last night on TV about the Gold coast. saying its the worse crime place Australia. NOw they are even holding up the Ambulances On Fake call out for the drugs they carry !!! They sure do need a Army of police down there now and swat team. And what with that poor police officer getting shot in the face Even the police officers dont like being stationed on the coast.

My young daughter moved on the coast last year. I sure wish she Had not.

It needs a hell of a clean up down there !!!!!

It gets scary being there wrong place wrong time who knows what could happen. With these Nutters about.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by Pommie Aussie
Ive lived in Brisbane 40 years from uk. Ive never heard of so many armed hold ups and Robberies till now. Its got so bad and out of control what with unemployment and all the down and outs on Drugs.

Watched the news last night on TV about the Gold coast. saying its the worse crime place Australia. NOw they are even holding up the Ambulances On Fake call out for the drugs they carry !!! They sure do need a Army of police down there now and swat team. And what with that poor police officer getting shot in the face Even the police officers dont like being stationed on the coast.

My young daughter moved on the coast last year. I sure wish she Had not.

It needs a hell of a clean up down there !!!!!

It gets scary being there wrong place wrong time who knows what could happen. With these Nutters about.
It is very sad indeed....not only about the policeman, but how it has been allowed to degenerate so much.....like i said earlier its called "Burying your head in the sand"

I think the mayor is doing a very poor job, he should be banging on about getting more coppers out and about, and cleaning the place up. But instead they're all trying to placate each other and not deal with the issues.

Don't get me wrong, i love the Goldie, but you won't catch me out and about at night time...we had an evening out down in Surfers a couple of years ago, and it was truly scary...thought Manchester was bad at night !!!!!!
Old Jun 1st 2011, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

Pommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nice

Yes I totally agree with you. They should have bought in alot more police straight away to have tried to get on top of this . Even the shop owners have had enough of it.

feel the poor policeman getting shot and his poor family. why only 2 policeman were sent in for a armed Robbery ?? they needed something like you see In America with there swat Teams fully armed with lots of back up.

Lets just hope there all wake up and get on top of this. !!!
Old Jun 1st 2011, 4:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

News.com.au is reporting the officers life support system has been switched off, picture of him with 2 year old child

It also says the officers family are coming out from the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.