Gold Coast Trip

Old Jan 15th 2019, 9:28 pm
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute
Question Gold Coast Trip

G'day! OH and I are heading to the GC on Sunday. We are heading to the Sunshine Coast tomorrow and visiting friends there and in Eatons Hill before heading south. I'm actually crashing the OH's work thing because he was due to fly out on my birthday and I wasn't having that!!!
Just wondering if there's some must-do things I could do on Monday and Tuesday in the daytime whilst hubby is working?
Anyone free for coffee/tea?
Thanks folks
Old Jan 17th 2019, 12:15 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gold Coast Trip

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
G'day! OH and I are heading to the GC on Sunday. We are heading to the Sunshine Coast tomorrow and visiting friends there and in Eatons Hill before heading south. I'm actually crashing the OH's work thing because he was due to fly out on my birthday and I wasn't having that!!!
Just wondering if there's some must-do things I could do on Monday and Tuesday in the daytime whilst hubby is working?
Anyone free for coffee/tea?
Thanks folks
Can't help with the location, just wanted to wish you a great trip
Old Jan 17th 2019, 9:16 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

You could do Australia zoo on the sunny coast.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 12:14 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

If you could do my laundry that would be awesome.
Old Jan 18th 2019, 7:07 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Can't help with the location, just wanted to wish you a great trip
Thanks Sposc! It nearly didn't happen as the travel company that OH's company uses had made a mistake with the booking. Stood at check-in at Auckland Airport and hubby's not listed as being booked on the flight but I am! Frantic phone call to Australian travel company and its eventually sorted out, however 45 mins of stress and less time to spend relaxing in the lounge that we had pre-booked and paid for. All's well that ends well and we are enjoying our time on the Sunshine Coast.
Old Jan 18th 2019, 7:09 am
Finally mesh free!

Originally Posted by cresta57 View Post
You could do Australia zoo on the sunny coast.
We might do that on the way down to our friends in Eatons Hill. We went there nearly 10 years ago and enjoyed it. Have to stop the OH from nicking a wombat to take home with us!
Old Jan 18th 2019, 7:11 am
Finally mesh free!

Originally Posted by DeadVim View Post
If you could do my laundry that would be awesome.
I'll decline politely on line but in reality my response is very unladylike
Old Jan 20th 2019, 11:35 pm
Finally mesh free!

We did do Australia Zoo on the way to our friends. Probably not the best time to do it given the heat. OH got to stroke Milo the Wombat but couldn't wrestle him away from his keeper!
Arrived in Surfer's Paradise yesterday afternoon and it's not our kind of place....Blackpool on steroids. Far too noisy for us but it's good to see these places.
OH had laid on a bottle of Veuve Clicquot in our room to celebrate my birthday yesterday so that was lovely.
Trying to decide what to do to entertain myself.
Old Jan 21st 2019, 12:16 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

We did do Australia Zoo on the way to our friends. Probably not the best time to do it given the heat. OH got to stroke Milo the Wombat but couldn't wrestle him away from his keeper!
Arrived in Surfer's Paradise yesterday afternoon and it's not our kind of place....Blackpool on steroids. Far too noisy for us but it's good to see these places.
OH had laid on a bottle of Veuve Clicquot in our room to celebrate my birthday yesterday so that was lovely.
Happy birthday for yesterday! Very romantic of your OH, and such good taste too. I've never been to Surfers but your description of it as Blackpool on steroids has given me a very clear picture. Maybe station yourself at a nice cafe near pubs/bars, and laugh at all the drunk people falling over? Whatever you do, make sure it's something YOU enjoy x
Old Jan 21st 2019, 1:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I missed this, I would have said avoid Surfers as it's a shit hole. Most of us drive through to get to somewhere else or drop off teenagers who want to party and vomit. The rest of the GC is gorgeous, I'm sorry you missed it. Happy birthday for yesterday!
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 5:38 am
Finally mesh free!

Thanks Spouse and MP for the birthday wishes. Sadly we didn't have a choice on location as the OH's company booked the hotel for their conference and so we all got to stay here.
I can't see us ever coming back to the GC tbh. Just one more night to go and then we head home in the morning.
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 11:28 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Try to get down to Coolangatta, beats Surfers for us ... very nice spot for a break.

I also like Broadbeach a bit further north of Surfers.

Basically anywhere but Surfers.

My laundry got done regardless.