Gold coast storm

Old Nov 20th 2008, 10:20 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gold coast storm

So are we in for more tonight do you reckon? X
Old Nov 20th 2008, 10:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
I think it's your turn - right about now!
Ain't that the truth Sitting in school hall watching a show and could hear sod all except torrential rain and very very loud thunder, not to mention the sweet sound of hail hitting a 100 odd cars outside, whilst lighting going on and off with the lightning flashes Great show though both inside and out. I think the kids will be swimming over the oval tomorrow.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 10:23 pm

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Ain't that the truth Sitting in school hall watching a show and could hear sod all except torrential rain and very very loud thunder, not to mention the sweet sound of hail hitting a 100 odd cars outside, whilst lighting going on and off with the lightning flashes Great show though both inside and out. I think the kids will be swimming over the oval tomorrow.
my kids were terrified went round switching anything electrical off that was in sight lol. but the hubbie sat out the front watching the lightning absolutely fascinated !!!! me just chilled with a glass wine and prayed the roof didnt come off lol x
Old Nov 20th 2008, 10:28 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

I sat breastfeeding my little one who didnt flinch and hubby was trapped in the car on the drive unable to get out once he had got home. LOL

At least my toddler slept through it

Jo
Old Nov 20th 2008, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

happyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to all

I decided to take my dog for a walk before it all started. We started walking and I could see the blackness and the lightening, but thought I've got plenty time. Anyway eventually I saw it coming fast so we started running home and the rain was following us by about an inch and then a huge gust of wind nearly knocked us over. We literally got into the garage to see the storm hit the house. It was like being in a film. Amazingly my dog didn't care at all we both just sat and watched it continue from indoors.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

Annie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really nice

We are about to move house to an apartment with sea views, and I told the kids I couldn't wait for the first thunder and lightening storm so I could watch it from the balcony!

We haven't had a decent storm for ages, and then this week OMG!

Betcha it will all finish by the time we move and I have to wait ages for my balcony viewing!

Though I have been wondering if I would have been as brave as I think in these storms, they have been mega!

When I first arrived in Sydney in late 1989/early 2000 I remember watching the storms from Watsons Bay back down the harbour to the bridge. It was awesome and that is where I got my love of watching the storms.

Bet all the newbies are wondering about this place! Summer weather is notoriously erratic, just got to enjoy it!
Old Nov 21st 2008, 5:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

There are always electrical storms off the coast. Most of the time there's no thunder just lightning off the coast. It's great to see
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Annie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypen20
There are always electrical storms off the coast. Most of the time there's no thunder just lightning off the coast. It's great to see
That's good to hear! I love the show! Sounds like my new balcony will get a workout after all!