Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Gold coast...bit cold isn't it??

Wikiposts

Gold coast...bit cold isn't it??

Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:06 am
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of
Default Gold coast...bit cold isn't it??

We're down in the Gold Coast for a few days with the kids, have been to Movie World, Sea World but it's so cold I bought tickets to Wet n Wild while still in Cairns but it's soo chilly not sure I fancy getting wet, is it usually like this in April or is this out of the ordinary??
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Gold coast...bit cold isn't it??

I thought it was a bit chilly tonight too...

Shut the windows for a little while...
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It is a bit chilly. I've been wearing socks for the past few days. The water at Wet n' Wild is slightly heated though so you should be ok. Welcome to the Goldie.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:22 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

cant wait until I can complain like that!

"it's a bit chilly, so I had to put some socks on and shut the windows!"

It's still trying to bloody snow here, and it's freezing!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

LOL it's freezing mate. My feet are cold for the first time in 7 months and I have had to shut all the doors and windows. Brrr!!

Now the air con ads make complete sense...you know the ones where the guy says, "save energy , turn your air con down to 24 degrees" I just didn't get it as ours was set at 16 when it was hot. Doh!!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:28 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
It is a bit chilly. I've been wearing socks for the past few days. The water at Wet n' Wild is slightly heated though so you should be ok. Welcome to the Goldie.
Me too, been in double layers for the last few days!!! Didn't take long to acclimatise eh!!!!!!! C x
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mooncat
LOL it's freezing mate. My feet are cold for the first time in 7 months and I have had to shut all the doors and windows. Brrr!!

Now the air con ads make complete sense...you know the ones where the guy says, "save energy , turn your air con down to 24 degrees" I just didn't get it as ours was set at 16 when it was hot. Doh!!
16 You shouldn't have had it on at all last summer

16 Holy crap. What were your bills like
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:45 am

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

It's not just me feeling the chill then Good prices to be had at the parks at the moment....50% locals discount if you book online
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:46 am

16 degrees
Old Apr 7th 2008, 1:02 am
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

Yes 16!!

I only had it on twice and for a total of about four hours. God it was great aswell. the windows steamed up on the outside which we found hilariously funny and walking upstairs you hit a solid wall of heat which was just gross. Of course now that I've been here for 7 months I wouldn't dream of doing something so appalling ever, ever again!

p.s.I don't sweat anymore either, I restrain myself and perspire gently like the locals.lol
Old Apr 7th 2008, 1:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by mooncat
Yes 16!!

I only had it on twice and for a total of about four hours. God it was great aswell. the windows steamed up on the outside which we found hilariously funny and walking upstairs you hit a solid wall of heat which was just gross. Of course now that I've been here for 7 months I wouldn't dream of doing something so appalling ever, ever again!

p.s.I don't sweat anymore either, I restrain myself and perspire gently like the locals.lol
But you must have been frozen I don't like 16 degrees in winter, let alone summer
Old Apr 7th 2008, 1:17 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

But you must have been frozen I don't like 16 degrees in winter, let alone summer
I reckon anything below 20*C is cold!!! How are we going to manage in June Pen??? C x
Old Apr 7th 2008, 1:21 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by shiels
I reckon anything below 20*C is cold!!! How are we going to manage in June Pen??? C x
Well we've got the wood burner so we're ok. What are you going to do
Old Apr 7th 2008, 1:22 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Well we've got the wood burner so we're ok. What are you going to do
Pop down the road to a friends and sit around her wood burner!!!!

Or we could just go to the Uk instead??? C x
Old Apr 7th 2008, 1:36 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by shiels
Pop down the road to a friends and sit around her wood burner!!!!

Or we could just go to the Uk instead??? C x
The first would be better but I guess the second will be ok

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.