Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Going home after 10 days, can anyone beat that ?

Wikiposts

Going home after 10 days, can anyone beat that ?

Old Feb 23rd 2008, 7:52 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going home after 10 days, can anyone beat that ?

Originally Posted by moneypen20
When I first came over, to Perth, to spend time with OH who was staying at his sister's place, I was 10 minutes in the car out of Perth Airport and just wanted to go straight back to the UK. Had I actually been migrating I'm not sure I would have lasted 10 days before heading back. This time, 10 minutes out of the airport with Mrs D, I knew I'd come home. Only differences? I was 20 years older and on the other side of the country.
i was 20 seconds into my flight back to the uk this time last year..and i wanted to come home to perth
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 7:53 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Some really sad stories here. Having been desperate to go home, I am really glad that my husband did not allow me to give in and give up so soon, after 10 months I felt massively better and am glad to be here.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 7:55 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
Some really sad stories here. Having been desperate to go home, I am really glad that my husband did not allow me to give in and give up so soon, after 10 months I felt massively better and am glad to be here.
good job your hubbies as clever as you....

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

im so please for you my darling,couldnt happen to a nicer family..
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 7:59 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
good job your hubbies as clever as you....

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

im so please for you my darling,couldnt happen to a nicer family..
Was particularly pleased to hear things were going better for you too. W

hen you coming over to stay for a short break? (We will be very nice to you lot)...PS see if you can't bring Northernbird too.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future

If any of you guys are thinking of coming back to the UK (though God only knows why) can we have your visas and apartments?
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 8:10 pm
Banned

perth .....rochdale....ehhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:rofl :
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 8:14 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CharleneG
If any of you guys are thinking of coming back to the UK (though God only knows why) can we have your visas and apartments?
Hello CharleneG
Where abouts are you from - we are in Littleborough - are you not enjoying our Rochdalian weather then
Love Sam xxx
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by aston man
perth .....rochdale....ehhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:rofl :
WE HAVE A PATIO YOU KNOW!

And we did use the barbie once last year but we ran out of gas half way through and sat outside with our fleeces on 'cos it was freezing.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Hello CharleneG
Where abouts are you from - we are in Littleborough - are you not enjoying our Rochdalian weather then
Love Sam xxx

We are in Whitworth, in truth the weather is only one issue but a bit more sun wouldn't go a miss.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 8:37 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

We are in Whitworth, in truth the weather is only one issue but a bit more sun wouldn't go a miss.

Yeh i know what you mean - there are lots of people on BE who are or where from Rochdale - i think that tells us something doesnt it. When are you hoping to get over to Oz - we are hoping to go Jan 09 ish.
Good luck anyway
Love Sam xxx
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Yeh i know what you mean - there are lots of people on BE who are or where from Rochdale - i think that tells us something doesnt it. When are you hoping to get over to Oz - we are hoping to go Jan 09 ish.
Good luck anyway
Love Sam xxx
We are hoping to go around the same time as you, New Year in Oz has a nice ring to it don't you think?

Good luck to you too.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 8:55 pm
Happy in my bubble

We are hoping to go around the same time as you, New Year in Oz has a nice ring to it don't you think?

Good luck to you too.

Yeh it sure does - we are hoping to go out on a student visa around the Brisbane area - i could go back into hairdressing but im a long time out of the salon so hubby is going to do a bricklaying course - he is a general builder over here with about 20 years experience but he has no qualifications so we are a bit stuck. Which way are you hoping to get out here and where do you fancy?
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

We are hoping to go on a skilled visa.
I am an accountant which is on MODL, OH is a recruitment consultant.
Looking at Melbourne, just 'cos there seemed to be more jobs advertised there for both of us. And it looks like a nice city.
Only just at the start of the process though, need to sort out the skills assessment first.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 9:56 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know of anyone who's gone home really quickly, though I've met quite a few who gave it 3-6 months before returning "Home". I think some just get caught up in the whole experience, skilled independent processing times were just over 12 months when we came out in 2003 so it gave folks a long time to build up expectations. In a few cases these were dashed upon arrival

One family Deb & I knew began the process just after us. They did the meds police checks etc. the whole nine yards. They flew with their kids to Gran Canaria or Lanzarotte to have a final holiday with the grandparents. Upon their return they had the misfortune to have the plane crash land onto the runway during landing. Their 12 yr old refused to get on a plane ever again he soiled himself when they went back to the airport he was so terrified. They abandoned their plans & still live in the U.K. They bought a caravan & holiday in Cornwall now
Old Feb 24th 2008, 2:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Behave or you won't get your wagon wheels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.