Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Going home after 10 days, can anyone beat that ?

Wikiposts

Going home after 10 days, can anyone beat that ?

Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:56 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Going home after 10 days, can anyone beat that ?

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Not Pingpongpom?
Is she another mail order Thai bride?
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 12:31 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I knew some people on here who stayed in Melbourne for a couple of months, couldn't get work, so got a job in New Jersey. He went on ahead leaving his wife and three very young kids to sort the stuff out then fly to America. As soon as she got there he said he hated it and wanted to go home. so they did.

Funny thing was the furniture hadn't docked in Melly, go re routed to the states and hadn't even made it there, then it got sent back to UK

I just think some people totally panick when out of their comfort zone
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 12:42 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by talbot
HOW DO I POST SMILEYS PLEASE ?
When you click on reply, if you don't see any smiley faces then you'll have to click on "go advanced" or something like that. Then you'll get the reply box with all the smiley's. I have mine set on basic mode, and I suspect yours is too. You can also just type it in. For example : and D side by side would make this . If you type it in I don't think you see the smiley until you post your message.

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Don't shout, I'm not deaf When you have the reply box open, you should have a box of smilies to your right, just click on whichever one you want and it will appear in your text.
I think the smiley stuff only appear right away if your settings are for advanced mode. Mine doesn't show that to me unless I click on go advanced.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 3:28 am
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

good grief - it must be something major that brings people back, it just seems really weird that you would go through months of hassle not to mention the money, to then arrive and be on next flight home.....
If I ever get the opportunity -
Ems x
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 3:37 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Polly will back me on this one.
She already did!

Post 12
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 3:42 am
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

10 days is madness
I knew Oz was not for me after about 2 months but made myself stay for 18 months as things can and do change, met a beautiful ossie girl that almost made me stay but the pull of home was to much, she is over in August for a month
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 3:44 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Its frustrating for us who are struggling to get over there when we hear stories like that - but i hope they are ok and its not too serious and can be easily sorted - plus if they have PR they can come back again.
Take care
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 4:46 am
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Its frustrating for us who are struggling to get over there when we hear stories like that - but i hope they are ok and its not too serious and can be easily sorted - plus if they have PR they can come back again.
Take care

They might just have thought Oz was not for them, it is a shock to some people who think it is like when they visited on holiday, but to go after 10 days is weird.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 7:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
She already did!

Post 12
He's suffering from stress.....only has a few days of peace and quiet left before I get back and shatter the peace
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 7:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Poor people, you never know how things are going to hit you I guess. Maybe they had never been anywhere before but it does sound very odd.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

The thing that makes me mad is that their PR visa's could have been given to one of us What a waste....

Helena
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana
before I get back and shatter the peace
BOM is not reporting a cyclone Pollyana........
WW
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 8:47 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
BOM is not reporting a cyclone Pollyana........
WW
One brewing up in the Northern Territory, may build over the Cape next week.......
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wendy

Even if you hate the place as soon as you land, you have to give it a chance don't you?. I know the saying 'you'll regret it if you don't try' is a bit of a cliche, but you how can anyone say they know for certain it's the wrong thing straight away. People need to give it a few month and then decide. The jet lag alone is enough to make you feel like it's the wrong thing.

I expect they'll be back, even if it's not forever - they'll need to get it out of their system.
When I came out here, I promised myself that I would not return to the UK for a period of 5 years . It has now been nearly 13 years and I still have not returned to the UK and I have no intention of doing so in the near future.

Unless something drastic happend, I guess these people did not really think it through prior to leaving the UK.

Good luck to them anyway, I hope they made the right choice for themselves.

Barney
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

talbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of light

Polly will back me on this one.
Oh thank-you! I've been using the Quick reply where there are no smilies!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.