Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Going home after 10 days, can anyone beat that ?

Wikiposts

Going home after 10 days, can anyone beat that ?

Old Feb 22nd 2008, 10:01 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going home after 10 days, can anyone beat that ?

Originally Posted by aston man
i went to centre parks once,it cost a bleedin fortune for a top of the range cottage in the woods..

we went swimming after about an hour and we were all getting changed in this family cubicle,my mrs said "aint you fat"

we were on our way home after two hours..
LMFFAO

Priceless !
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 10:31 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
come on people this is not a contest to see who can come up with the best story ! Surely to god some of these afore mentioned things can't have happened
It's life Jim but not as you and I know it
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I know people who managed 3 weeks. I'm sure they're regretting the move back though, the adults in the family didn't want to go but were pressurised by a child.

There was someone on here a few years back who ponged back after a month, pinged back again before their container arrived back in the UK so in the space of two months had lost a lot of money and energy. No idea where they are now. They stopped posting immediately after coming back the second time.
I remember the first lot you mentioned Pen I think they went home before their belongings had arrived. I remember the Father being very upset about going though.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 10:34 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debsy
I remember the first lot you mentioned Pen I think they went home before their belongings had arrived. I remember the Father being very upset about going though.
And then presumably he couldn't work until the container got back to him as he had no tools. Wonder what happened to them?
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Next door told us a similar story about a local family he knew who went out and came back two weeks later. Was very...hmmmmm at the time, but I guess it does happen.

Just seems a little crazy really. After all the work and waiting, the cost. The mind boggles.

Old Feb 22nd 2008, 10:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

I have a friend who went out on a WHV with the intention of marrying her Ozzie boyfriend and applying for a spouse visa. 3 days later she was on a plane home. They had a big row and she left him.

Total waste of time and money. If I was her, I would have travelled round Aus for a year!
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

talbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by themerlin
Friend of ours got here and within 10 days they are on a flight home, is this a record.
They have PR visas, been here twice before and have shipped/sold all there stuff.

MADNESS !
I WANT MOMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:07 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

There was one person on here who left after 6 days. He got a lot of teasing about it when he posted what happened. But after being in the UK for a while he returned and this time he's very happy.

So, yes I think sometimes it does happen for various reasons.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

talbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of light

And then presumably he couldn't work until the container got back to him as he had no tools. Wonder what happened to them?
HOW DO I POST SMILEYS PLEASE ?
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:33 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by talbot
HOW DO I POST SMILEYS PLEASE ?
Don't shout, I'm not deaf When you have the reply box open, you should have a box of smilies to your right, just click on whichever one you want and it will appear in your text.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:39 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Rule 1: Know Thyself
Rule 2: Don't bitch about the country on MBTTUK if you don't follow rule 1

Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:49 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
Friend of ours got here and within 10 days they are on a flight home, is this a record.
They have PR visas, been here twice before and have shipped/sold all there stuff.

MADNESS !
Went to Melbourne three years ago for the F1 and we got talking to the cabbie. He said that he had recently had a fare from Tullamarine to the city for a migrant family from the UK. Halfway there, he was asked to return to the airport as the were going back because they didn't like the look of the areas they were driving through. It was the industrial suburbs next to the Motorway. They planned to catch their container before it was offloaded and sent to Customs/AQIS, and have it returned to the UK.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Went to Melbourne three years ago for the F1 and we got talking to the cabbie. He said that he had recently had a fare from Tullamarine to the city for a migrant family from the UK. Halfway there, he was asked to return to the airport as the were going back because they didn't like the look of the areas they were driving through. It was the industrial suburbs next to the Motorway. They planned to catch their container before it was offloaded and sent to Customs/AQIS, and have it returned to the UK.
OMG!
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:51 pm

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

There was someone on here a few years back who ponged back after a month, pinged back again before their container arrived back in the UK so in the space of two months had lost a lot of money and energy. No idea where they are now. They stopped posting immediately after coming back the second time.

Not Pingpongpom?
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
OMG!
Polly will back me on this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.