British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Going home after 10 days, can anyone beat that ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/going-home-after-10-days-can-anyone-beat-516536/)

themerlin Feb 23rd 2008 8:43 am

Going home after 10 days, can anyone beat that ?

Friend of ours got here and within 10 days they are on a flight home, is this a record.
They have PR visas, been here twice before and have shipped/sold all there stuff.

MADNESS !

Timber Floor Au Feb 23rd 2008 9:02 am

Re: Going home after 10 days, can anyone beat that ?

Originally Posted by themerlin (Post 5972595)
Friend of ours got here and within 10 days they are on a flight home, is this a record.
They have PR visas, been here twice before and have shipped/sold all there stuff.

MADNESS !

Thats crazy !!

What happened??

framac Feb 23rd 2008 9:09 am

MADNESS !

I can feel a divorce coming on. Something must have went drastically wrong.:confused:

Call me AL Feb 23rd 2008 9:21 am

MADNESS !

I swear this is true.A family we knew sold their house, packed everything up and flew to Melbourne with the three kids.
They had their PR's and he had a job working for the same company as in the UK,they even provided a rental house for them.
Flew into Melbourne on tuesday and flew back to UK thursday! :eek:

Timber Floor Au Feb 23rd 2008 9:23 am

thats just bullshit isnt it...

dont ya think its a case of get here and see diff streets houses ppl clothes and get totally overwhelmed and panic !

aston man Feb 23rd 2008 9:25 am

they should of tried that naisle stuff,,it make me last twice as long;)

Timber Floor Au Feb 23rd 2008 9:26 am

Originally Posted by aston man (Post 5972738)
they should of tried that naisle stuff,,it make me go twice as long;)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

moneypenny20 Feb 23rd 2008 9:26 am

I know people who managed 3 weeks. I'm sure they're regretting the move back though, the adults in the family didn't want to go but were pressurised by a child.

There was someone on here a few years back who ponged back after a month, pinged back again before their container arrived back in the UK so in the space of two months had lost a lot of money and energy. No idea where they are now. They stopped posting immediately after coming back the second time.

Wendy Feb 23rd 2008 9:28 am

Poor people, I feel sorry for them really.

memewest Feb 23rd 2008 9:31 am

MADNESS !

OMG!!!

All that time, effort, patience and waiting around, not too mention the money in getting their Visa and back home in 10 days!!!:eek:

I would have thought something awful had happened and they needed to get back or something......

Do you know if they plan to go back out as they have 5yrs from Visa Grant i think don't they??

Good Luck to them in whatever they chose....:thumbup:

aston man Feb 23rd 2008 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Wendy (Post 5972751)

i went to centre parks once,it cost a bleedin fortune for a top of the range cottage in the woods..

we went swimming after about an hour and we were all getting changed in this family cubicle,my mrs said "aint you fat"

we were on our way home after two hours..

Pollyana Feb 23rd 2008 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Wendy (Post 5972751)

A Melbourne taxi driver once told me of afamily from the UK that he picked up at the airport. He drove them towards the city, which in Melbourne is a pretty uninspiring drive, and before they reached the city they had changed their minds. They asked the driver to turn round and take them back to the airport!

Wendy Feb 23rd 2008 9:36 am

Originally Posted by aston man (Post 5972765)
i went to centre parks once,it cost a bleedin fortune for a top of the range cottage in the woods..

we went swimming after about an hour and we were all getting changed in this family cubicle,my mrs said "aint you fat"

we were on our way home after two hours..

:lol:

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 5972768)
A Melbourne taxi driver once told me of afamily from the UK that he picked up at the airport. He drove them towards the city, which in Melbourne is a pretty uninspiring drive, and before they reached the city they had changed their minds. They asked the driver to turn round and take them back to the airport!

Even if you hate the place as soon as you land, you have to give it a chance don't you?. I know the saying 'you'll regret it if you don't try' is a bit of a cliche, but you how can anyone say they know for certain it's the wrong thing straight away. People need to give it a few month and then decide. The jet lag alone is enough to make you feel like it's the wrong thing.

I expect they'll be back, even if it's not forever - they'll need to get it out of their system.

bobbyftm Feb 23rd 2008 9:57 am

come on people this is not a contest to see who can come up with the best story ! Surely to god some of these afore mentioned things can't have happened :eek:

hitchcock71 Feb 23rd 2008 9:59 am

MADNESS !

why are they going home?????