British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Going back to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/going-back-uk-616315/)

Paul & June Jun 23rd 2009 1:26 am

Going back to the UK

Well after 5 months of being out of work and not getting anywhere I'm going back to one of my old work places in the UK. Tough thing is living the wife, 4 and 7 year old kids here. I know its going to probably be impossible to get a job back in OZ but money is draining away. What can you do.

alipally Jun 23rd 2009 1:30 am

Re: Going back to the UK

Hey, you're not alone. OH has just gone back to the UK to his old work after 9 months of unemployment.
Like you we can't afford to swallow it any longer. He went on Saturday... it was my 40th birthday yesterday.... :(

The only reason we've been able to hold out for so long is because I have a job, but we both know that the longer you are unemployed the less employable you are.

If it wasn't for my 17 year old, I'd have packed up and moved with him....

Paul & June Jun 23rd 2009 1:45 am

Sorry to hear that. Looks like I'm not on my own.

Hutch Jun 23rd 2009 1:53 am

Shitty situation for all of you - hope things turn a corner for you.

Donna&Neil Jun 23rd 2009 2:11 am

Hats off to you both for doing what is needed. Such a tough position to be in. Hope something changes for you soon.

Donna

Amazulu Jun 23rd 2009 2:47 am

Originally Posted by Paul & June (Post 7689552)
Well after 5 months of being out of work and not getting anywhere I'm going back to one of my old work places in the UK. Tough thing is living the wife, 4 and 7 year old kids here. I know its going to probably be impossible to get a job back in OZ but money is draining away. What can you do.

Sorry to hear this Paul but needs must - I would do the same thing if I had to. We have some projects starting in the next few months and will let you know if anything comes up or if I hear about anything else.

JJay Jun 23rd 2009 2:51 am

Good Luck to you :)

Paul & June Jun 23rd 2009 5:23 am

Thanks for all that specially Amazulu for trying to find me a job. Its not goodbye,as the corny line Arnie says, 'I'll be back' as I do love it here in Perth, O and the wife and kids are going to be here too.

As my user title says, 'Don't worry be happy'

I have heard of a shed load more job losses in my game of work.

lovetv Jun 23rd 2009 6:03 am

Hi,

Really sorry to know that, some friends just need to back due to unemployment.

It doesnt seems very bad job crisis yet in ozland but after knowing this i really scared. I will not wish the biggest decision in my life turns bad dream for me. I will sit alone today at our city park with a bottle of whiskey and will decide whether to migrate to ozland or not.

BTW, if dont mind can everybody who already moved or thinking move back to their home country, PLEASE mention your occupation & skills and city of resident in ozland so we others know that actual whats happening in specific trades?

I really wish and hope that, the good time will return soon in ozland and you all will back in beatiful ozland.

Regards

wardy2 Jun 23rd 2009 8:46 am

we are in the same boat we may be returning to UK at the end of July :(

Its not the lack of work thats stuffed us hubby offered plenty, but misinformation regarding licenses has knocked us back 5 months and money has drained away.

:(

brendarover Jun 23rd 2009 8:56 am

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=616364