Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Going back home to see my Da away

Going back home to see my Da away

Old Jan 25th 2010, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

LoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of light
Default Going back home to see my Da away

For those of you who are familiar with me and those who are not. We finally made it out to Brisbane in July and we love it and are very settled, however, in October we got the bad news that my Da had terminal cancer and had 4 months tops. He was so glad for us that we got to where we wanted to be and it was an absolute hammerblow!

He has battled this hard and with great courage and dignity and I returned on 4th December for 2 weeks as it was medically predicted that he had days to live and he got a massive lift from me going back to see him. Stella and I had decided that I would stay on later even if it meant being away from her and our 3 boys for our 1st Oz Xmas but he ordered me to go back to my family and we said our final face to face farewells on the 19th Dec which was very emotional and very sore. He made it to Xmas, my Ma's 70th on Boxing Day and saw in 2010. He deteriorated badly last week and we spoke on the phone for what we both knew in our hearts that this would be the last. He passed away peacefully on Saturday and I go back to see him off on his final journey on wednesday. He was so glad that we made it to Oz and I will cherish his memory and our 2 weeks together before Xmas.

God Bless Da

John, Stella, Calum, Luke and Adam
Old Jan 25th 2010, 1:30 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going back home to see my Da away

Sincere condolences.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 1:31 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
For those of you who are familiar with me and those who are not. We finally made it out to Brisbane in July and we love it and are very settled, however, in October we got the bad news that my Da had terminal cancer and had 4 months tops. He was so glad for us that we got to where we wanted to be and it was an absolute hammerblow!

He has battled this hard and with great courage and dignity and I returned on 4th December for 2 weeks as it was medically predicted that he had days to live and he got a massive lift from me going back to see him. Stella and I had decided that I would stay on later even if it meant being away from her and our 3 boys for our 1st Oz Xmas but he ordered me to go back to my family and we said our final face to face farewells on the 19th Dec which was very emotional and very sore. He made it to Xmas, my Ma's 70th on Boxing Day and saw in 2010. He deteriorated badly last week and we spoke on the phone for what we both knew in our hearts that this would be the last. He passed away peacefully on Saturday and I go back to see him off on his final journey on wednesday. He was so glad that we made it to Oz and I will cherish his memory and our 2 weeks together before Xmas.

God Bless Da

Much love to you and yer family mate,tis a hard time that im familiar with,be strong my friend.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 1:35 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

God Bless Da

my heart goes out to you, it really does. That was so sad reading that there, what an emotional rollercoaster you have all been on.

OMG I miss my dad so much - I need to put flowers on his grave for his birthday in the next couple of weeks.

Take care John - have a safe journey back. xxx
Old Jan 25th 2010, 1:42 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear of your loss John, you will always treasure being able to say goodbye before Christmas.

Tx
Old Jan 25th 2010, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

sincere condolenses from us. He will be at rest knowing you are happy an settled in your new lives.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry to hear that mate. He's in a better place.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 2:34 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

just noticed this pal. my heart does go out to you guys

you have a safe trip and send the auldyin aff in style!
Old Jan 25th 2010, 2:50 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

God Bless Da

It is natural but none the less painful for it. I will be scared of the day it comes to me LR. My sincere condolences... I don't think I can come up with anything more fitting. Thank god you were able to take the trip xxx
Old Jan 25th 2010, 2:57 pm
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

God Bless Da

We have been there twice both Mum's it doesn't make it any easier home or away.
I just wish they could find a cure very soon.

My mum was 35 and mother in law 52.

Thinking of you all at this sad time.

Carol & Ian Ritchie

Your dad will be happy knowing that he saw you and that you are now living your dream!
Old Jan 25th 2010, 2:59 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mabozar
We have been there twice both Mum's it doesn't make it any easier home or away.
I just wish they could find a cure very soon.

My mum was 35 and mother in law 52.

Thinking of you all at this sad time.

Carol & Ian Ritchie

Your dad will be happy knowing that he saw you and that you are now living your dream!
Aye, echoed....
Old Jan 25th 2010, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

DestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to all

John, our hearts go out to you and your family and I am so glad you got to see him in Dec. Have a safe trip back.
Michelle & Alan
Old Jan 25th 2010, 10:17 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Not much I can say that the others haven't already said. You truly have my deepest sympathies John. Safe journey back for the funeral.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Safe travels back. I am sorry for your loss.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 5:55 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

God Bless Da

Was sorry to hear your sad news John....thoughts are with you and safe journey back x x x x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.