Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Going Back After 6 months

Going Back After 6 months

Old Jan 20th 2009, 11:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going Back After 6 months

We had an agreement that if three of us didn't like it, we'd do something about it although hubby was determined not to go back. We only put that agreement in place to show first born that whatever she thought, the world did not revolve around her
Old Jan 20th 2009, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Sorry to hear that. At least you're returning to a known entity and will be able to pick up where you left off fairly easily.

Ah. We have that pact too. We said all along that if any of us really started to hate the place, we'd all head back to the UK. I think it's one of those ground-rules you need to establish from the get-go.
We too said that and all ended up coming back. I quite agree, you need to set that as a ground rule.

Last edited by ausi dream; Jan 20th 2009 at 12:35 pm. Reason: adding
Old Jan 20th 2009, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
I told my old man he can go back anytime he likes...so long as he doesn't think I'm going too*

*closes page before OH sees that*
me too!!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mickagnew
Hi to all

Gave it a go, have just emailed my resignation letter in, am gutted now and will be back in uk in a week .

Thanks to everyones help and good luck to all, sometimes things just dont work out but I love Perth

Mick

So sad that you seem so sad about leaving....

Good on ya for giving it a go, and you never know ey!!

Enjoy your return...
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Well Guys

Been back here 4 days, boys back in school, looking for a rental, its p***ing down and everywhere is grim, people look dead as they are so grey and no f***er smiles.

On the positive side.......

Good luck to everyone

Mick
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:44 am
Richard & Nikki

dickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to all

January is always a crap month in the UK. Most people are still getting over Christmas. In another month or two spring will be on its way and everyone cheers up. How does it feel to be back? We are returning later in the year, can't wait. I'ts been pissing down here all day. lol Nikki
Old Jan 28th 2009, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dickchap
January is always a crap month in the UK. Most people are still getting over Christmas. In another month or two spring will be on its way and everyone cheers up. How does it feel to be back? We are returning later in the year, can't wait. I'ts been pissing down here all day. lol Nikki
Hi Mick,
Chin up pet,soon the clocks will go forward,the birds will be singing away,the wheat fields will be swaying in the breeze,no need to keep slapping on copious amounts of sunblock,and you can lay next to a stream without fear of a brown snake about to sink its fangs into you,heaven eh?hahaha The UK is a very gentle country compared to Oz.Be gentle on yourself ok? xx
Old Jan 28th 2009, 3:26 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

My bulbs are starting to push above the ground - things can only get better!!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 7:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Look on the bright side - no more water restrictions and you can have showers longer than 3 minutes now! Once the bulbs and blossoms start popping the grey will disappear. Good luck finding a place to live.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:53 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickagnew
Well Guys

Been back here 4 days, boys back in school, looking for a rental, its p***ing down and everywhere is grim, people look dead as they are so grey and no f***er smiles.

On the positive side.......

Good luck to everyone

Mick
It doesn't get any better. See you back in Oz in 6 months....
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Look on the bright side - no more water restrictions and you can have showers longer than 3 minutes now! Once the bulbs and blossoms start popping the grey will disappear. Good luck finding a place to live.
This post has a self-publicity score of 1.
It contains one reference to something positive
about the author's life.

I always recall the summer of 2003 when I questioned my decision to move to Australia as it was great to sit around with no slap on, the birds twittering etc yadda yadda.

I did meet my wife to be so that biased it.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 12:09 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
about the author's life.

I always recall the summer of 2003 when I questioned my decision to move to Australia as it was great to sit around with no slap on, the birds twittering etc yadda yadda.

That post has a incomprehensible rating of 100%.

Watchoo talkin' 'bout Willis?
Old Jan 29th 2009, 12:13 am
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
about the author's life.

Have you been drinking?
Old Jan 29th 2009, 12:15 am
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wendy
I told my old man he can go back anytime he likes...so long as he doesn't think I'm going too*

*closes page before OH sees that*
You are married to your Dad?
Old Jan 29th 2009, 12:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
That post has a incomprehensible rating of 100%.

Watchoo talkin' 'bout Willis?

The 47 degree heat has got to him

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.