God I miss Britain!!

Old Mar 14th 2009, 11:53 pm

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point
Default God I miss Britain!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lz6k5Zg2wA

I just want the tele
Old Mar 15th 2009, 12:17 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: God I miss Britain!!

You've lost me Who is he and why was that something you'd want to see more of?
Old Mar 15th 2009, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

God, what great legs (wasted on a man). Must admit I hadn't paid much attention to the trailers and hadn't realised it was a bloke - doh! Must admit that I don't know who he is though
Old Mar 15th 2009, 12:24 am

yes - more of.

Made me laugh. I haven't seen any British comedians for a long time and don't find anything I see on tv here very funny at all.

i just looked at some of the other dancers though and didn't really think any of the others were that funny.

Actually watching that clip, made me just a little homesick - it reminds me of sitting in my mother in laws on a Sunday night with the central heating on, bored and then something like that comes on and different people react differently to it. And you feel like a family.

I didn't know who he was either.

Vivienne
Old Mar 15th 2009, 7:24 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You've lost me Who is he and why was that something you'd want to see more of?

Ha Quality sketch for charrrety !

Looks like he is a new comedy / sketch show type guy Have a look here

Dougie

Last edited by Dougie; Mar 15th 2009 at 7:27 am.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Oz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by viviennef
Don't get it
Old Mar 15th 2009, 7:31 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

One thing I noticed when I first moved to Britain was how people thought men dressed as women was funny. I didn't really get it as a kiwi. I think it is part of that unique British humour. Use to love Les Dawson though!
Old Mar 15th 2009, 7:35 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jmh
One thing I noticed when I first moved to Britain was how people thought men dressed as women was funny. I didn't really get it as a kiwi. I think it is part of that unique British humour. Use to love Les Dawson though!
Must just be the norm out there then is it??

Dougie
Old Mar 15th 2009, 7:41 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
Must just be the norm out there then is it??

Dougie
No, just not funny.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Oz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jmh
No, just not funny.
Jeez, was that crap meant to be funny?
Old Mar 15th 2009, 8:02 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

No, it was not meant to be funny, just part of comic relief where they use existing show/formats. Good dancer though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ic-Relief.html

Cooler
Old Mar 15th 2009, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
No, it was not meant to be funny, just part of comic relief where they use existing show/formats. Good dancer though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ic-Relief.html

Cooler
Oh ok.....soz...didn't mean to offend anyone
Old Mar 15th 2009, 8:58 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oz wannabe1
Oh ok.....soz...didn't mean to offend anyone
I am sure you haven't. The lad's pretty good, been in Big Train if you know it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Webb_(actor)

Cooler
Old Mar 15th 2009, 9:29 am

Well I must be easily pleased because I did find it funny - but not so much funny as entertaining. Lucky I'm not the sensitive type really as I would feel quite alienated

I don't think I found it funny because he was dressed as a woman, more because of his facial expressions and because it reminded me of home. I think it kind of symbolised, to me, the type of television that comes on routinely in Britain. Its not great, its not rocket science, but its entertaining.

You may be home one night, cold and with nothing to do but stick on the tv and some random take on life will come on and it may not blow your socks off and it may not really be to your taste but it will be infinitely watchable and the whole family will enjoy it in one way or another. Just like the Royle family, one may be saying what rubbish it is, your gran may be tutting and your teenager may be giggling.

I think perhaps you are missing my point with this a little. My comment was not really about HOW funny it was more about how British it was. I don't watch a huge amount of tv and thought I just missed the quality broadcasting but I think its far deeper than that. I miss all of British TV and I do think even the most cringeworthy program there is more in tune with who I am than anything I find here.

Tv not being a huge part of my life means this doesn't affect me on a day to day and I wouldnt go so far as to download anything but I do wish I could get all the same tv choices.

Vivienne
Old Mar 15th 2009, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

margy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to all

I saw this on the BBC news web site and though it hillarious, miss UK t.v. but then again we haven't actually linked our t.v. up to an ariel, freebox etc yet so not surprising I'm missing U.K. t.v.

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.