Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

God I love my Robot Vacuum cleaner

God I love my Robot Vacuum cleaner

Old Dec 19th 2014, 10:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default God I love my Robot Vacuum cleaner

This has to be the best thing ever to crawl and roam around the house.... If this is the genesis of the robot in home appliances them bring erm on !!

It's even better than the Dishwasher !! Probably not quite as labour saving as the Washing Machine, hypnotizing little bugger though.

We haven't had a crumb stay on the ground more than 12 hours since we bought it and wake up to clean rooms everyday.

Anyone else got one ? What can they build for the home that would be more labour saving ?
Old Dec 19th 2014, 10:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: God I love my Robot Vacuum cleaner

I have one and I've never used it, it's plugged in in the corner, might throw it on and give it a whirl today. It was passed on to me from my niece who never used it.
Old Dec 19th 2014, 11:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does it look good bending over to pick up the remote?
Old Dec 19th 2014, 11:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Does it look good bending over to pick up the remote?
One day those will come Wonder what we will do with women then.
Old Dec 19th 2014, 11:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't have a remote - stuck it on and it ran out of power after 2 minutes and went and plugged itself back in - waiting for it to recharge before I can give it another go.
Old Dec 19th 2014, 11:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Kim67
It doesn't have a remote - stuck it on and it ran out of power after 2 minutes and went and plugged itself back in - waiting for it to recharge before I can give it another go.

Mines still going so I locked it in another room.... It's sucking the beejeezus out of the Lounge carpet right now.
Old Dec 19th 2014, 11:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Mines still going so I locked it in another room.... It's sucking the beejeezus out of the Lounge carpet right now.
I'm obviously doing something wrong! I'll report back after the next run!
Old Dec 19th 2014, 11:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Kim67
I'm obviously doing something wrong! I'll report back after the next run!
The battery may be stuffed if it's been turned off for ages. It'll need one hell of a charge then to run flat then a big charge than run completely flat again about 3 times to get it back, if it's possible to bring the battery back that is.

Rechargeable Batteries tend to die if left flat for long periods. They have to be kept charged.
Old Dec 19th 2014, 11:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The battery may be stuffed if it's been turned off for ages. It'll need one hell of a charge then to run flat then a big charge than run completely flat again about 3 times to get it back, if it's possible to bring the battery back that is.

Rechargeable Batteries tend to die if left flat for long periods. They have to be kept charged.
That could be the problem, will try recharging a few times and if it doesn't work, off to the skip for the little bugger.
Old Dec 19th 2014, 11:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yehp recharge then let run completely flat each time.

Mine just found it's way back to it's little home. It was beeping away in the other room so I opened the door and in it came back to it's nest.
Old Dec 20th 2014, 1:58 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else got one ? What can they build for the home that would be more labour saving ?
Got one, but it has a habit of running up the base of the bar stools and getting stuck - so it's not something you can leave to its own devices. Something smarter, with more omph, and able to clean hard floors is really needed.

My suggestions for devices you didn't know you needed:
  • Rotary air fryer type thing - easier and cheaper than turning on the oven for simple meals, etc.
  • Chromecast - cheap if you get it at the right time ($33), with great ability to pipe through music, movies, etc. faff free.
  • Pebble smartwatch - again cheap if you get it at the right time ($69), allows the phone to stay put away most of the time with notifications etc. echoed, and useful apps that does things like fitness tracking, news, maps, train times.
Old Dec 20th 2014, 2:03 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Read my review of the Samsung Navibot on Productreview.com before buying one of THOSE!
Old Dec 20th 2014, 6:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Wol
Read my review of the Samsung Navibot on Productreview.com before buying one of THOSE!
Link not working Wol...

I got this one, as reviewed by the people on Whirlpool... It's the next model along actually and works really well, only thing it's got stuck on is the legs on the Xmas tree... Picks up an amazing amount of stuff each time, is quiet and goes for at least 2.5 hours at a time, and finds its way back through our maze of a house. Our place has never looked so clean.

Stirling Robot Vacuum Cleaner (ALDI) - Cleaning - Home
Old Dec 20th 2014, 7:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

So which one is the best or ones I should consider?
Old Dec 20th 2014, 8:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well, I got mine working last night, but it was noisy. Worked fine in the living areas but in the bedroom, the bed base is at the wrong height and it just kept getting stuck. I'll give in and run the real vacuum over the place later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.