Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Glastonbury Festival

Originally Posted by john_w
Catch you when I get back...just going to empty some boxes LOL
haha!!
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 12:44 am
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Clippies
Lol, Joe Bananas it's still there you know.

Last year I finally made it to the Brothers Pear Cider stall - was in a proper state by the time I reached it and that one pint tipped me over the edge

Been spending far too much money at the cider bus the last few years.

I've always said, even if there was no music on at all I'd still go to the festival

Have you been since they put up the big fence? Really put a stop to all the tent robbing that did Best thing they did imo
The last year I went was the first incarnation of the big fence, unfortunately for them not big enough. It was like watching the Great Escape in reverse with the gestapo blasting up and down on their quad bikes between the two fences and watch towers
Where did you normally camp. I used to go up the top of the field behind the tipee field/childrens field (no chance of being flooded and too far of the beaten track to be trampled accidentally). Used to go on the wednesday morning, get drunk then help everybody arriving put there tents up, amazed some friends who arrived on the thursday afternoon and seemingly knowing most people in the field by name
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 12:48 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benny the ball
The last year I went was the first incarnation of the big fence, unfortunately for them not big enough. It was like watching the Great Escape in reverse with the gestapo blasting up and down on their quad bikes between the two fences and watch towers
Where did you normally camp. I used to go up the top of the field behind the tipee field/childrens field (no chance of being flooded and too far of the beaten track to be trampled accidentally). Used to go on the wednesday morning, get drunk then help everybody arriving put there tents up, amazed some friends who arrived on the thursday afternoon and seemingly knowing most people in the field by name
The fence is ace now - really does the job, it's really hard to get in now, your name and address is printed on your ticket and you have to show photo id when you go through the gate.

We always camp in exactly the same spot - on the field by the pyramid - that way we can see the bands from our tent if we're in no fit state to move and we're also close to the flushers
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 2:38 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippies
Where did you see all them? Sounds like a fab night!

Never been to Reading, tried to get tickets this year but no joy. Going to V Festival but I hear that it's more an outdoor gig than a festival
At Old Trafford Cricket Ground on Sunday. Bands started around 3pm and of course it was outside, so it felt like a mini festival. Sort of.

Been to V for the day before (the week before we were off to Reading!) - I think that's the trouble - lots of day trippers which doesn'y really make for a good atmosphere if you know what I mean. Nice 'clean' festival though! Always a good lineup. Enjoy

Graham
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 2:41 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northerner
At Old Trafford Cricket Ground on Sunday. Bands started around 3pm and of course it was outside, so it felt like a mini festival. Sort of.

Been to V for the day before (the week before we were off to Reading!) - I think that's the trouble - lots of day trippers which doesn'y really make for a good atmosphere if you know what I mean. Nice 'clean' festival though! Always a good lineup. Enjoy

Graham
Main think I'm not looking forward to with V is you can't take your own booze through to the gigs Gonna cost me a fortune! Someone said the camping is completely seperate too and you have to go through turnstiles to see bands and get body searched! Hardly a festival atmosphere then is it.

Still it's a weekend of drunken debauchery so I don't care