Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Glastonbury Festival

Wikiposts

Glastonbury Festival

Old Jun 21st 2006, 9:00 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Glastonbury Festival

Anyone else mourning the fact there's no Glasto this year?

Normally would be just dusting the mud of my wellies and packing up my tent ready for this weekend
Old Jun 21st 2006, 9:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Glastonbury Festival

Originally Posted by Clippies

Normally would be just dusting the mud of my wellies and packing up my tent ready for this weekend

Never been , it will be sods law it will be the driest weekend since records began
Mandy
Old Jun 21st 2006, 9:12 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Never been , it will be sods law it will be the driest weekend since records began
Mandy
Lol, Glasto needs mud, it adds to the atmosphere

I'm not kidding, every year I come back with a tan, last year we'd been to Vegas and Hawaii, came back just with a hint of a tan, went to Glasto for the weekend and came back looking like I'd spent a month in the Maldives! Despite the mud, when the sun comes out it's very very very hot, no shade you see apart from the big tree on the Pyramid field - can't really get 120,000 people under that though
Old Jun 21st 2006, 9:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, Glasto needs mud, it adds to the atmosphere

I'm not kidding, every year I come back with a tan, last year we'd been to Vegas and Hawaii, came back just with a hint of a tan, went to Glasto for the weekend and came back looking like I'd spent a month in the Maldives! Despite the mud, when the sun comes out it's very very very hot, no shade you see apart from the big tree on the Pyramid field - can't really get 120,000 people under that though

We have the hoppings at the town moor in Newcastle and its a big fair ground and its always muddy.Thats the same.
You come to expect it i suppose.
Mandy
Old Jun 21st 2006, 9:20 pm

We have the hoppings at the town moor in Newcastle and its a big fair ground and its always muddy.Thats the same.
You come to expect it i suppose.
Mandy
Yes, nowt wrong with a bit of mud - so long as you've got wellies and waterproofs of course
Old Jun 21st 2006, 9:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes, nowt wrong with a bit of mud - so long as you've got wellies and waterproofs of course

Pay a fortune at those posh spa's for a mud bath :scared: .
What are you going to do with yourself ? With no festival to go to
Mandy
Old Jun 21st 2006, 9:39 pm

Pay a fortune at those posh spa's for a mud bath :scared: .
What are you going to do with yourself ? With no festival to go to
Mandy
Lol, yes that's true

Well I've got a very exciting weekend planned, I'm working saturday and sunday
Old Jun 21st 2006, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Lol, yes that's true

Well I've got a very exciting weekend planned, I'm working saturday and sunday

Mine will be just as exciting . the kids are still grounded
Boy do i hate being a parent sometimes.
Mandy
Old Jun 21st 2006, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Mine will be just as exciting . the kids are still grounded
Boy do i hate being a parent sometimes.
Mandy
No festival , and no John Peel on the tv all weekend....things just wont be the same anymore.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 11:55 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

No Festival ?!!!!

What is really scary is that I went to the last 2 Stonehenge Free Festivals - now they were great (if I remember )
Old Jun 21st 2006, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by john_w
No festival , and no John Peel on the tv all weekend....things just wont be the same anymore.
Ah yes, I thought it was ace when they changed the New Bands tent to the John Peel Stage, such a fitting tribute to a great man
Old Jun 21st 2006, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by CasG
No Festival ?!!!!

What is really scary is that I went to the last 2 Stonehenge Free Festivals - now they were great (if I remember )
Lol, I'm suprised you can remember
Old Jun 21st 2006, 11:58 pm
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Never been to be honest. Went to see Foos, Strokes and Subways this Sunday just gone to get us in the mood for Reading later in the summer.

Much was drunk, it was our own little festival warm up. Er, except we went home via the curry house and then to our nice warm cosy bed!!

Graham
Old Jun 21st 2006, 11:58 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Lol, I'm suprised you can remember
I never remembered at the time !!
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasG
I never remembered at the time !!
Chemically induced altsimers?....( must remember how to spell that word!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.