Glastonbury

Old Mar 7th 2007, 11:13 am
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Glastonbury

Originally Posted by Clippies
Excellent, keep me posted

I've heard there are some good festivals just want to hear from someone that's actually 'done Glasto' for a comparison
I would'nt know what you mean? But I bet the flowers here are a lot brighter.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 11:37 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lor
I would'nt know what you mean? But I bet the flowers here are a lot brighter.
Ooh yeah bet they are
Old Mar 7th 2007, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fat Bloke
Anyone else remember the old days when we used to jump the fence.
There used to be a bunch of scousers with a ladder that you could use to climb over the wall for a fiver a head. Bloody scousers.
Then once your in the scousers were selling warm cans of carling for 2 quid a pop (They would sell you owt else too if you wanted it)

Ah, the good old days.

...or Scousers who dug under the fence which you'd have to crawl under.
...or Scousers who would try to sell you bitten off wristbands.

On the subject of superfences...I reckon it's a good idea.

I was robbed at knifepoint in the main field by crackheads in 94.

When I went to queue up to report the crime at the police portacabin, you should have seen the length of the queue of people reporting crimes.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

parsonsjonny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Great thread, have been to Glasto 5 tiimes over the years and (you're going green right about now ) have been confirmed 2 tickets for this year already. I'm an emergency nerse and offered up my services, basically I have to do 2 shifts, thursday night and saturday 3-midnight I think and then the rest of the fest is mine for the taking and gratis at that.

Last one before I head off to Melbourne to enjoy a much better working life than I do in the NHS right now!

cheers all

Jonny,
Old Mar 7th 2007, 8:08 pm
Account Closed

eatstatic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by killamarsh
Has anyone on here been to the Glastonbury Festival? Has anyone registered for this years festival?
Met my Aussie wife there in 2000.

Love the festival, love my wife, happy times.

Nothing like it in Oz BTW.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 11:14 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pommie Granite
...or Scousers who dug under the fence which you'd have to crawl under.
...or Scousers who would try to sell you bitten off wristbands.

On the subject of superfences...I reckon it's a good idea.

I was robbed at knifepoint in the main field by crackheads in 94.

When I went to queue up to report the crime at the police portacabin, you should have seen the length of the queue of people reporting crimes.
Yep I'm with you on this one, the superfence has got rid of 99% of the moodiness of the old festival, not it's all good imo

Originally Posted by parsonsjonny
Hi

Great thread, have been to Glasto 5 tiimes over the years and (you're going green right about now ) have been confirmed 2 tickets for this year already. I'm an emergency nerse and offered up my services, basically I have to do 2 shifts, thursday night and saturday 3-midnight I think and then the rest of the fest is mine for the taking and gratis at that.

Last one before I head off to Melbourne to enjoy a much better working life than I do in the NHS right now!

cheers all

Jonny,
You are right, I am positively green with envy!!!!
Old Mar 8th 2007, 9:21 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

You lucky duck. (no that is the right spelling of duck). This will be my first and last opportunity and I so want to take my son and have an amazing experience. We shall see. I should really train my fingers on the phone in readiness for April 1st.

Originally Posted by parsonsjonny
Hi

cheers all

Jonny,
Old Mar 8th 2007, 9:42 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Glastonbury wasn't on in 1996 so we went to the Phoenix festival.
Highlight of the wekend was a bloke who was supposed to bungee from a crane but bottled it.
There was a huge crowd underneath shouting "Jump you B*stard"
I don't know why I found it so funny - I clearly wasn't myself that day
Old Mar 8th 2007, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by Kapri
Glastonbury wasn't on in 1996 so we went to the Phoenix festival.
Highlight of the wekend was a bloke who was supposed to bungee from a crane but bottled it.
There was a huge crowd underneath shouting "Jump you B*stard"
I don't know why I found it so funny - I clearly wasn't myself that day
Old Mar 8th 2007, 9:53 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know all I can think about is that there is a very small chance that I will get to see - The Who- live. Seeing The Who at Sheffield Arena sitting down, just woudn't be the same.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by killamarsh
Do you know all I can think about is that there is a very small chance that I will get to see - The Who- live. Seeing The Who at Sheffield Arena sitting down, just woudn't be the same.
All I can think about is getting tickets - oh the stress, the grey hairs, the panic feelings are all flooding back

And on that note I'm off to bed to dream about it
Old Mar 8th 2007, 10:01 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

All I can think about is getting tickets - oh the stress, the grey hairs, the panic feelings are all flooding back

And on that note I'm off to bed to dream about it
Goodnight Hon,
Happy dreams
Old Mar 9th 2007, 11:55 am
Greetings Traveller

JustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to all

This thread has got me in the Glazza mood

Hope we get our tickets as it will probly be our last. We thought that in 2005 & bought a nice souvenir mirror from one of the crafty stores just in case so I wouldn't be majorly gutted, until it comes to the weekend it is on...last year was shite when it came to that time but at least there wasn't the feeling of "could have been there".

I agree no other festies are the same. It is nirvana on earth, & that's from someone who doesn't do camping.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by JustBecause
This thread has got me in the Glazza mood

Hope we get our tickets as it will probly be our last. We thought that in 2005 & bought a nice souvenir mirror from one of the crafty stores just in case so I wouldn't be majorly gutted, until it comes to the weekend it is on...last year was shite when it came to that time but at least there wasn't the feeling of "could have been there".

I agree no other festies are the same. It is nirvana on earth, & that's from someone who doesn't do camping.
I remember last year being gutted the whole weekend it 'should have' been Glastonbury. I was moping about wishing it was on

I only have to see the word Glasto and I get those buzzing butterflies! Omg I'm going to be in such a state if I don't get tickets
Old Mar 9th 2007, 3:18 pm
Happy migrant

I remember last year being gutted the whole weekend it 'should have' been Glastonbury. I was moping about wishing it was on

I only have to see the word Glasto and I get those buzzing butterflies! Omg I'm going to be in such a state if I don't get tickets
And also in a state if you do

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.