Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Glasgow Rangers likely to fold

Glasgow Rangers likely to fold

Old Feb 14th 2012, 7:53 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Glasgow Rangers likely to fold

I posted this on my rangers loving cousins facebook, i thought it was hilarious!!

As a lifelong celtic fan it saddens me to see that rangers are in such a dire financial situation. With rumours they may face administration or even liquidation. I know there may be some small-minded fellow celtic fans who rejoice in this once great clubs demise. I am not one of them. May I offer my sympathies to all rangers fans out there and I wish Mr Mccoist and his players all the best for the future.... Yours sincerely..... Pinnochio
Old Feb 14th 2012, 8:01 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
I posted this on my rangers loving cousins facebook, i thought it was hilarious!!

As a lifelong celtic fan it saddens me to see that rangers are in such a dire financial situation. With rumours they may face administration or even liquidation. I know there may be some small-minded fellow celtic fans who rejoice in this once great clubs demise. I am not one of them. May I offer my sympathies to all rangers fans out there and I wish Mr Mccoist and his players all the best for the future.... Yours sincerely..... Pinnochio
Old Feb 14th 2012, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
But what is so wrong about flying an Irish flag? The club was founded by an Irish priest.

Celtic Park fly all flags - Union, Saltire & Irish Tricolour.
It was a Marist Brother...sorry for being pedantic.

Weather forecast in Govan tonight -10

Rangers won't fold, they'll come to deal with the HMRC and restructure thier finances and bounce back.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 8:22 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond
It was a Marist Brother...sorry for being pedantic.

Weather forecast in Govan tonight -10

Rangers won't fold, they'll come to deal with the HMRC and restructure thier finances and bounce back.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 9:13 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

You've been listening to your blue nosed pals too much.
He has pals ??? Even huns have more taste.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I believe I'm correct in saying that United have had the highest average attendance in English football every year since 1965.
The only exceptions to that, are years when major building work was taking place at Old Trafford. For large parts of the 70's, 80's and 90's United's average attendance was larger than Celtics and Rangers COMBINED.

So yourself.
No it wasn't.

The Man Utd average attendance exceeded the combined Rangers and Celtic 4 times in the 70's, 80's and 90's.

1980-81
1981-82
1983-84
1984-85

However the Man Utd average attendance was exceed by one of the Old firm clubs alone in the following seasons

1988-89 - Rangers
1992-93 - Rangers
1994-95 - Rangers
1995-96 - Rangers
1998-99 - Celtic

Of course Rangers AND Celtic built new stadiums during this period as well as Man Utd.

And Liverpool's average attendance exceeded Man Utd's 4 times in the same 30 year period and they were the only other English club I looked at.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Celtic Park fly all flags - Union, Saltire & Irish
Tricolour.
A union flag being flown by a Celtic Fan at Parkhead ? He'd have the life expectancy of a fly hitting a windscreen.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
A union flag being flown by a Celtic Fan at Parkhead ? He'd have the life expectancy of a fly hitting a windscreen.
The actual building itself.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 3:57 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

It's probable that someone will take over the name - but with the size of tax bill they potentially have, that will be it. Anyone know if the land their ground is on is worth money?

I also wonder if the scots will start trying to blame the English for this as well?

It could well result in the end of 'scottish' football, just when the jingoism is pushing towards independence. The scottish league is too small to make much money, so any investor is going to want to see the big teams in the UK leagues instead; with the bigger money payoffs.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by GarryP
It's probable that someone will take over the name - but with the size of tax bill they potentially have, that will be it. Anyone know if the land their ground is on is worth money?

I also wonder if the scots will start trying to blame the English for this as well?

It could well result in the end of 'scottish' football, just when the jingoism is pushing towards independence. The scottish league is too small to make much money, so any investor is going to want to see the big teams in the UK leagues instead; with the bigger money payoffs.
Oh ffs give it a rest would you and change the record.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 5:18 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I feel an (English) taxpayer bailout coming on....
Old Feb 15th 2012, 5:19 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh ffs give it a rest would you and change the record.
Eh don't knock the idea.
I can see the SNP, trying to claim, that all the tax owed, would be owed to the English Tax Office, if Scotland voted for independance and that Rangers could just ignore the debt.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 6:22 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Eh don't knock the idea.
I can see the SNP, trying to claim, that all the tax owed, would be owed to the English Tax Office, if Scotland voted for independance and that Rangers could just ignore the debt.
Tsk, didn't you know, us expats that hailed from south of border aren't allowed to give comment/take the piss since we are unworthy Englishmen and not fit to wipe the boots of the SNP, let alone have a view on the desirability of scotland going their own way?

Personally I say, like it or not, the fate of Rangers and thus the scottish league is going to end up linked in with the independence to'n'fro. Apparently the last time the club changed hands it was for £1 - hardly sounds like its a going concern....
Old Feb 15th 2012, 6:43 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Tsk, didn't you know, us expats that hailed from south of border aren't allowed to give comment/take the piss since we are unworthy Englishmen and not fit to wipe the boots of the SNP, let alone have a view on the desirability of scotland going their own way?

Personally I say, like it or not, the fate of Rangers and thus the scottish league is going to end up linked in with the independence to'n'fro. Apparently the last time the club changed hands it was for £1 - hardly sounds like its a going concern....
There have been rumours on many Football boards for a while now, suggesting that, in the current economic climate, Her Majesties Revenue and Customs men have been ordered to get tough, finally, with football.

Portsmouth look to be doomed and are about to cease to exist. If the amounts being suggested are to be believed, Rangers owes the tax man even more.

HMRC might make a very real example of Rangers... and you're right, I think that would get tangled up in any independence arguments, with the SNP making claims that they would 'support Scottish football'.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

upyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to all

There have been rumours on many Football boards for a while now, suggesting that, in the current economic climate, Her Majesties Revenue and Customs men have been ordered to get tough, finally, with football.

Portsmouth look to be doomed and are about to cease to exist. If the amounts being suggested are to be believed, Rangers owes the tax man even more.

HMRC might make a very real example of Rangers... and you're right, I think that would get tangled up in any independence arguments, with the SNP making claims that they would 'support Scottish football'.
Do you seriously imagine the SNP give a toss about a Union Jack and St Georges flag waving club and supporters such as Rangers? There's very few votes for independence coming from them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.