Glasgow Rangers

Old Jul 16th 2010, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

stuart.and.michelle will become famous soon enoughstuart.and.michelle will become famous soon enough
Default Glasgow Rangers

Can anyone please provide details of where I can see the game thats played in Sydney this afternoon. I'm in Ocean Reef in WA. Just looking for a local friendly bar.

Cheers folks
Old Jul 16th 2010, 9:18 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Glasgow Rangers

Originally Posted by stuart.and.michelle
Can anyone please provide details of where I can see the game thats played in Sydney this afternoon. I'm in Ocean Reef in WA. Just looking for a local friendly bar.

Cheers folks
I think you might be struggling. I'm only 100k South of Sydney yet your post is the first I had heard that Rangers were even in the country. It's not exactly grabbed the imagination of the local populous. I can't see it being shown anywhere on TV.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 11:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Do you mean this ?

Why the A league didnt include MV and Wellington is beyond me. Dont they want anyone to turn up ? AEK v MV in Melbourne (2nd biggest Greek city in the world) bloody hell, that could well have sold 55,000 in a proper round robin comp.

It could well be on foxtel, not sure yet. will check

Sydney will become the epicentre of the football world between July 25 - 31 with three of Europe's biggest clubs set to battle it out against Hyundai A-League champions Sydney FC in the inaugural Sydney Festival of Football! Scottish champions Glasgow Rangers, EPL glamour club Blackburn Rovers and iconic Greek club AEK Athens will battle it out with Sydney FC over a three day round robin tournament commencing on Sunday July 25, at the Sydney Football Stadium.
Don't miss this chance to see some of the biggest names in world football, including Qantas Socceroos Brett Emerton and Vince Grella only week's out from the start of their respective seasons!

As a special offer exclusive to the FFA football family, if you buy a ticket now you can go in the draw to win a FREE ticket upgrade for you and three friends to watch one of the double headers in a VIP suite! There are also six official Sydney Festival of Football game balls to be won - don't miss out, get your TICKETS NOW!
Click here for Terms and Conditions
Yours in football,
The Football Family

Ahh I've been thinking about this since I found out about it two days ago, and it hit me as I wrote this post.... Probably scared that two A league teams, would be in the final.... especially World Cup NZ Squad masquerading as Wellington.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jul 16th 2010 at 11:07 pm.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 8:00 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Who?

Old Jul 17th 2010, 8:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Who?
Local pub team.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 9:25 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Local pub team.
Thought as much
Old Jul 17th 2010, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

stuart.and.michelle will become famous soon enoughstuart.and.michelle will become famous soon enough

Thought as much
that hold the world record for league titles?? yeah ok I can handle that
Old Jul 17th 2010, 11:22 am
Account Closed

that hold the world record for league titles?? yeah ok I can handle that
Yes, very impressive in a league of two teams.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, very impressive in a league of two teams.
and your point is? look at most country's top teirs and the winner is usually only one of 2-3 teams. england for example. man u, chelsea and arsenal (in years gone by). shame there just isn't any money in the scottish game now though. in italy you generally have the milan clubs and in spain its barca or real.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

I'm a Gretna man myself..I do believe we gave the Huns a run for their money at Raydale Park.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 7:13 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Who?
Scotland's Shame.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 7:46 pm
Account Closed

and your point is? look at most country's top teirs and the winner is usually only one of 2-3 teams. england for example. man u, chelsea and arsenal (in years gone by). shame there just isn't any money in the scottish game now though. in italy you generally have the milan clubs and in spain its barca or real.
Come off it. The Scottish league, in all its forms, has been a joke for half a century at least.
Old Jul 18th 2010, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

Come off it. The Scottish league, in all its forms, has been a joke for half a century at least.
I totally agree that scottish football is at as low a standard as I can ever remember but my comment regarding teams winning the league in England, Italy and SPain still stands. Can't disagree with that.

At least internationally we never get above our station unlike some of our neighbiours...
Old Jul 18th 2010, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by renth
Scotland's Shame.

My hubby was at the Brisbane Roar/Everton game last night, and there was only 20,000 there. Haven't heard anything about that game being shown on the telly, and Everton are a far bigger team than Rainjurs.
Old Jul 18th 2010, 1:30 am
Account Closed

I totally agree that scottish football is at as low a standard as I can ever remember but my comment regarding teams winning the league in England, Italy and SPain still stands. Can't disagree with that.
At least internationally we never get above our station unlike some of our neighbiours...
Actually I can disagree with it.
Don't you have to go back to Fergusons Aberdeen side before you get to a winner who wasn't Celtic or Rangers?
Since then seven sides have won the top league in England, nine different sides in Italy and even five in Spain.

I think only 11 titles in Scotland since the second world war haven't been won by either Celtic or Rangers.... it is and always has been, the dullest of any 'major' football league.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.