Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Give thanks to a teacher.

Give thanks to a teacher.

Old Dec 16th 2010, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all
Default Re: Give thanks to a teacher.

miss harvey would have been mine

she was my english teacher and also the careers advisor

long story short but i was a typical teenager who had no idea what i wanted to be when i left school

she talked me into going for a trade , and there was a careers day for a company called ideal homes in the area

didnt go to the open day ( lazy ) but she rang the company and begged them to give me a chance , which they then did

i turned up a couple of hours late for the interview and only made it to it as the boss of the company was driving off and saw me looking lost in battersea told me to jump in and off we went for the interview

crap interview on my behalf and he still gave me the job only because of miss harvey as she had spoken so highly of me and said i just needed a kick up the ass

did my apprenticeship and then started my own company with my best friend aged 25 and went onto employing 40 people before moving over to here

never did get to thank her for all she had done for me as she retired the year i left school

totally gutted about that as i do not know where i would have been without her persistence on my behalf as i was a little herbert
Old Dec 16th 2010, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Which school? I had an uncle who was a maths teacher by the name of Taylor.
It was in Bradford. His name was David Taylor
Old Dec 17th 2010, 3:54 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Having taught for ten years now I appreciate what all of my teachers had to put up with, I was a bit of a rascal at school lol
Old Dec 17th 2010, 7:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
It was in Bradford. His name was David Taylor
Oh, not him then- he was Slough.