Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Give thanks to a teacher.

Give thanks to a teacher.

Old Dec 15th 2010, 9:09 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Give thanks to a teacher.

Mr Widdowson, the man who taught law on my day-release course and convinced me I was wasting my brain by going to work at 16 and not uni.

I was always going to be an underachiever and a crap (lazy) student so never got my degree, but at least I got out of my home town and my cushy but oh so mind-numbing job in local government. Life could have been so different.

I wish I'd had this guy for Music. http://ps22chorus.blogspot.com/
Old Dec 16th 2010, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

moonsurfer has a brilliant futuremoonsurfer has a brilliant futuremoonsurfer has a brilliant futuremoonsurfer has a brilliant futuremoonsurfer has a brilliant futuremoonsurfer has a brilliant futuremoonsurfer has a brilliant futuremoonsurfer has a brilliant future

Mr Molyneux - o level physics teacher - best ever and someone who BELIEVED in the pupils instead of putting them down. I was below average at maths - yet after joining his physics class, he encouraged and supported me and I did well. On school sports day he raced me on a lap of the town sports stadium in his business clothes and tie and said he was so pleased with how I had improved that year.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 1:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Mr Taylor, middle school maths teacher. The ONLY teacher that could get me to actually turn up
Old Dec 16th 2010, 1:45 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs McManus ... French teacher, christ she was hot.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 1:54 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Miss Naylor, who lied to my parents about how badly I was doing in school after they split up. For that I am grateful - they didn't need to know and feel worse.

Jed - my A level sociology tutor who liked a good argument.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 3:28 am
Fronting the Parole Board

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs Poole, Maths teacher from the age of 14, not only somehow got me through O Level Maths with a fab Grade A (which was a miracle in itself) but was also a real rock during a load of family trouble, far beyond what was required of her.
Mr Knill, wonderful Geography teacher - I blame him for my fascination with weather and natural disasters. Great to drink with, and never said anything about us all being in "his" pub at lunchtimes as long as we all turned up for his lesson afterwards

And for other less praiseworthy reasons - my Art teacher, whose name escapes me, but who was the only teacher to ever send me oiut of the room for talking too much. She sent my three friends out too, so we just carried on the gossip in the corridor
Mr Baker, huge bloke, big red bushy beard, tried very hard to teach me Physics, then told my parents if I took it for O Level he would throw himself from the third floor classroom
and Mr Power, French teacher, calmly forgot that his 60 "O" Level French students had to do an Oral exam. We found out with a week to go. Funnily enough the failure rate was 95% that year (the only one I failed ), he retired in disgrace and went to run a nursing home on the South Coast
Old Dec 16th 2010, 5:35 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DeadVim View Post
Mrs McManus ... French teacher, christ she was hot.
Husband called Mick?
Old Dec 16th 2010, 5:48 am

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus View Post
Husband called Mick?
Old Dec 16th 2010, 6:06 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
He's gonna get ya....

Old Dec 16th 2010, 6:38 am

My Gran was one of his biggest fans
Old Dec 16th 2010, 6:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
My Gran was one of his biggest fans
World of Sport on a Saturday afternoon, just before the football kicked off... in the days when football was played at 15:00 on a Saturday and not every bloody day of the week, at every time of day.

Those were the days.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 6:55 am

World of Sport on a Saturday afternoon, just before the football kicked off... in the days when football was played at 15:00 on a Saturday and not every bloody day of the week, at every time of day.

Those were the days.
Oh the memories!!! Used to drive my mum nuts, she'd be trying to talk to Gran, while Gran would be cheering at the wrestling and I'd be muttering at the football results! Oh, and Gran would tell Mum to go make a " nice cuppa tea" and then slip me glasses of sherry and Drambuie while she was out of the room
Old Dec 16th 2010, 7:15 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Never ever shag a teacher your grades go down when you stop!
Old Dec 16th 2010, 7:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs brooksbank my biology teacher in senior school and human biology teacher at 6th form, encouraged a girl who never believed in her abilities, through her i managed to get a B in A/O level, i was just going to do CSE's but she said i was better than that.
My Chemistry teacher Mrs Todd in 6th form who although very young made chemisty fascinating and capitivated me.
My regional studies and history teacher from senior school can picture her face but not her name. My love of history is all down to her.
Lastly my final year at 6th form when a maths teacher realised i had number dyslexia(can remember the proper name) who helped me learn enough maths to get into nurse training.
Mandy
Old Dec 16th 2010, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy View Post
Mr Taylor, middle school maths teacher. The ONLY teacher that could get me to actually turn up
Which school? I had an uncle who was a maths teacher by the name of Taylor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.