British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Gifts from Real Estates!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/gifts-real-estates-391090/)

sj oldfield Aug 17th 2006 10:58 am

Gifts from Real Estates!!!

I have heard of some great gifts recieved fromm the Real Estate, upon settlement.
We have just moved into a new house, we bought and sold 2 properties through the same woman, whom in my opinion, was crap!! We made her a fortune, and what did we get?? Sweet nothing. Not that we are in deperate need of a gift, but it would have been nice. Instead she asked me to write her a testimony, saying how good she was??????????????????????

cresta57 Aug 17th 2006 11:01 am

Re: Gifts from Real Estates!!!

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
I have heard of some great gifts recieved fromm the Real Estate, upon settlement.
We have just moved into a new house, we bought and sold 2 properties through the same woman, whom in my opinion, was crap!! We made her a fortune, and what did we get?? Sweet nothing. Not that we are in deperate need of a gift, but it would have been nice. Instead she asked me to write her a testimony, saying how good she was??????????????????????

Write her a scathing testimony listing all her faults and poor performances ;)

YFitz Aug 17th 2006 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by sj oldfield

On the day our house settled, I went to pick up the keys (from Pam Gray's Estate Agents) and they handed them over attached to a bottle of bubbly. A week later the estate agent turned up at the house with a card and a nice glass fruit bowl. .
A couple of days ago I got an unexpected gift through the post from the ANZ bank. A nifty little silver torch for putting on your keyring, although my kids much prefer sticking it up their nostrils in a dark room and making their noses glow. They're easily amused :D

Siren & Brian Aug 17th 2006 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by YFitz
On the day our house settled, I went to pick up the keys (from Pam Gray's Estate Agents) and they handed them over attached to a bottle of bubbly. A week later the estate agent turned up at the house with a card and a nice glass fruit bowl. .
A couple of days ago I got an unexpected gift through the post from the ANZ bank. A nifty little silver torch for putting on your keyring, although my kids much prefer sticking it up their nostrils in a dark room and making their noses glow. They're easily amused :D

It doesnt take much to make a good impression.

YFitz Aug 17th 2006 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
It doesnt take much to make a good impression.

Hmmm, not sure if you mean the estate agent or my kids? ;D

herrchook Aug 17th 2006 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by YFitz
Hmmm, not sure if you mean the estate agent or my kids? ;D

pmsl :D

joho Aug 17th 2006 8:45 pm

Mine said we have a gift for you can we call it over after work, I said I am at the rental at the mo but should be back later. That was 4 weeks ago and I'm still waiting at the front door, I think do you think I should give up :p

Jo

Larissa Aug 18th 2006 2:45 am

What a tight arse!
Spill the beans Sandra, who was it?
Lol, if everyone starts complaining perhaps they will get all competitive lol.

D&W Aug 19th 2006 8:28 am

We got a bag with a bottle of Bubbles and 2 glasses and our little one got a Teddy on the day the "sold" sticker was put on the sign.

Thank you Mr Hooker!! Cheers!! :beer:

sj oldfield Aug 19th 2006 11:11 am

Quite agree Larissa.......a right tight arse, and I know she made at least $25,000 out of the sales. Probably even more. Cant spill the beans on here though as you never know who is browsing!!!!

PS That picture of bubs is bloody fab!!!