Wikiposts

Ghosts and spirits?

Old Sep 25th 2010, 9:05 pm

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ghosts and spirits?

Originally Posted by Pollyana
And you can all take the mickey as much as you like, I don't care about that these days

No, Mrs Exp has seen/heard ghosts too - fascinating subject of conversation.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 9:07 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expatasia
No, Mrs Exp has seen/heard ghosts too - fascinating subject of conversation.
It is....and so many people have experiences that they are reluctant to talk about until they realise someone has felt the same....
That spirit isn't going to win, I shall go down there tonight and see what it feels like......
Old Sep 25th 2010, 9:10 pm

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

It is....and so many people have experiences that they are reluctant to talk about until they realise someone has felt the same....
Aye, a bit like piles.

Keep us all au fait with your progress. Bon courage!
Old Sep 25th 2010, 9:19 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expatasia
Aye, a bit like piles.

Keep us all au fait with your progress. Bon courage!
Old Sep 25th 2010, 10:12 pm
sarab40

sarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of light

Old Sep 26th 2010, 1:40 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

That spirit isn't going to win, I shall go down there tonight and see what it feels like......
I cant wait for the next update.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 1:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone got any true stories of ghosts and spirits? First-hand preferably, not the hearsay ones that you see on TV etc.

The building I work in used to be a teaching college, and apparently a student died here once. Her spirit is still around the place; one colleague claims to have seen her walking down a flight of stairs late at night when there was no-one else in the building, and when I first worked night shifts I used to hear footsteps sometimes.
Now I'm here on my own 3-4 nights most weeks, and while I can go for 2 weeks or so with nothing, every so often I'll walk out of the office and feel a real presence in the corridor. Sometimes I'll hear footsteps, but usually its just a feeling that someone is there, or sometimes a shadow going across the doorway. The weird thing is she doesn't feel threatening, its almost a comfprting presence, as if she's keeping an eye on me.
Last night and tonight though are different - I swear there is something more sinister here. The office is nice and warm but the air in the corridor is truly icy, even by British standards, though there is no air con on at night out there. Last night I saw someone walk across the doorway, tall upright figure, tonight there is just a feeling of uneasiness about the place, very strange.

I wonder whether all the excavations and roadworks around the building have disturbed any spirits? There's been a lot of deep excavations in the last 2 weeks, I wonder who/what was down there.
Bit spooky really

PS I am stone cold SOBER!!!!

i have had a lot of spirits (non alcoholic) enter my life and none have harmed me. The first was when i was a pupil nurse on my first night shift in Hull, i was walking the corrider towards the sluice room with a full bedpan, and felt someone brush past me and as i turned i saw a grey figure turn in to matrons office. I nearly split the bedpan. I later found out that the matron from the 40's still patrols the ward when its around the time of her death.
Another time i was a night sister in a nursing home when i had conversation with an old lady dressed in pink sat in the lounge, when i came back with a cup of tea for the lady she had gone. I later found out from the carers that the pink lady was a regular visitor and only appeared to 'nice' people lol.

I often see my late BIL, which comforts me as he died 2 months before my 2nd son was born and i took his death very badly as did my OH. Just before my son was born the water tap turned on and a curtain started blowing. My OH freaked out but i felt calm and 30 mins later my son was born. At home one night i spotted the out line of my Bil peering over the moses basket at 3am, my son had started crying (which woke me up) but stopped before i got out of bed, the basket was gently swaying . The next morning i found a white feather beside his head which i believe is a symbol of angels.
Since my beloved gran died i have felt her presence although ive not seen her, she used to wear yardleys lavender perfume and every now and then i catch a whiff of it. The same as my granda's woodbine smoke.
I certainly believe that i have angels looking after my family, and ghosts dont scare me and one day i would love to be able to pass on messages to other people from the other side, which i have been told i have a gift for but just need the training.
Mandy
Old Sep 26th 2010, 4:59 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Vanish without a trace eh,woop woop the evil witch is dead and im free of her curse hee hee
Tough luck baby, I survvived

Start work in an hour, should be just me tonight but I'm going walkabout cos I still can't believe last night.
I was telling my colleague I was fine on nights alone, not freaked by the ghost cos she's friendly, then my curiosity at her reaction just took over and when I went downstairs I got really rattled. I know most of that building inside out at night, no terrors, no fears, its huge but it doesn't bother me being alone there, I knwo where the shadows are. I really love my job and my night shifts, but last night was when I went down to the ground floor.
Very strange feeling down there tonight - not the same evil presence, and I can't feel the good ghost up here either, but then she's never been one for showing up every night. There's definitely a dark aura of some kind in that area, even though I didn't feel threatened tonight. The air felt very heavy and oppressive though and I've come back with a headache.That weird flowery smell has gone too, which is odd as there won't have been anyone in that area today so whatever scents etc were there last night should still have been there.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 5:48 am
sarab40

sarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of light

Tough luck baby, I survvived

Very strange feeling down there tonight - not the same evil presence, and I can't feel the good ghost up here either, but then she's never been one for showing up every night. There's definitely a dark aura of some kind in that area, even though I didn't feel threatened tonight. The air felt very heavy and oppressive though and I've come back with a headache.That weird flowery smell has gone too, which is odd as there won't have been anyone in that area today so whatever scents etc were there last night should still have been there.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

sammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant future

Anyone got any true stories of ghosts and spirits? First-hand preferably, not the hearsay ones that you see on TV etc.

The building I work in used to be a teaching college, and apparently a student died here once. Her spirit is still around the place; one colleague claims to have seen her walking down a flight of stairs late at night when there was no-one else in the building, and when I first worked night shifts I used to hear footsteps sometimes.
Now I'm here on my own 3-4 nights most weeks, and while I can go for 2 weeks or so with nothing, every so often I'll walk out of the office and feel a real presence in the corridor. Sometimes I'll hear footsteps, but usually its just a feeling that someone is there, or sometimes a shadow going across the doorway. The weird thing is she doesn't feel threatening, its almost a comfprting presence, as if she's keeping an eye on me.
Last night and tonight though are different - I swear there is something more sinister here. The office is nice and warm but the air in the corridor is truly icy, even by British standards, though there is no air con on at night out there. Last night I saw someone walk across the doorway, tall upright figure, tonight there is just a feeling of uneasiness about the place, very strange.

I wonder whether all the excavations and roadworks around the building have disturbed any spirits? There's been a lot of deep excavations in the last 2 weeks, I wonder who/what was down there.
Bit spooky really

PS I am stone cold SOBER!!!!
Have you seen Ghost Adventures on Foxtel - it's the best ghost hunting programme I've ever seen, and the lead bloke is hunky which is a bonus!
Old Sep 26th 2010, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

I love anything paranormal/history, I have a few storys but im not good at writing them down sorry but i believe there is something after you die i hope so as it will be pretty crap if there isnt
Ghost adventures is pure madness i would love zak to save me anyday
Old Sep 26th 2010, 6:40 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by sammax
Have you seen Ghost Adventures on Foxtel - it's the best ghost hunting programme I've ever seen, and the lead bloke is hunky which is a bonus!
No, I very rarely watch TV and haven't seen that, I'll keep an eye out for it when I'm at work this week......though I don't want "my" ghosts getting ideas from it
Old Sep 26th 2010, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

sammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant future

No, I very rarely watch TV and haven't seen that, I'll keep an eye out for it when I'm at work this week......though I don't want "my" ghosts getting ideas from it
Well the latest series has just finished but I'm sure it will be back - keep an eye out for it. They get scratched and all sorts on it, but they are very challenging and confrontational to the spirits so I'm not surprised...
Old Oct 1st 2010, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

No, the only reason they get attacked is because they really wind them up and abuse them and goad them to attack. I think if you always show respect you're okay.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 2:42 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

I was lying in my bed one night half asleep. suddenly something fell from one of my shelves. I was startled because there wasn't enough room above this object to have fallen forward to the floor. Then I got some cheesecake.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.